Just vote NO......

Decker

I have heard it time after time (JUST VOTE NO) from those Local Rep`s that believe they know more, have more ability or just think the International negotiating teams can`t do their jobs. I`ve heard some members at my own Local (551) and some of our 551 Rep`s, state in their flyer`s or in the Local newspaper that they have told President King just what he has to do. Or else....

I`ve read about some Local Rep in Michigan that works for Ford but, just has to tell GM Local members what they should do and of course "JUST VOTE NO".

I have listened when these Rep`s state their demands and how if we don`t get everything back and at least 3% a year in increases to our base rates, WE SHOULD JUST VOTE NO !!!!!

After listening and reading about all these demands from all these different Locally elected Rep`s, then hearing how they would go about negotiating the contract and telling the International President just how to go about negotiating it, I can`t help but wonder.... Are we the membership of my and other Local`s going to get back everything that the Local`s have given up?

I`m not sure about to many other Local`s but my Local`s contract expired 28 May 2011. We have been told that our contract will be negotiated after the International is done and then told that the Company and the Unit Chair have had some discussions. Then Sunday our Unit Chair stated that he was waiting for the H.R. Manager to return from bereavement leave, then talks would start. I know about not tipping your hand while in negotiations but, a firm "we started negotiations" would be a good sign. Wait, that's the way International doses it, OK so maybe they (International) are not doing things right? I don`t know.....

I hope the Local membership remember that there were things we lost locally..... If we don`t get everything back at the Local level negotiations should we, JUST VOTE NO??

I remember three little minutes at the end of the day, less environmental re-leaf and other local issues, that were given up. Do you remember any at your Local?

JUST VOTE NO.....???

Decker

Chicago Assembly

• Like 3

I remember three little minutes at the end of the day, less environmental re-leaf and other local issues, that were given up. Do you remember any at your Local?

Decker

Chicago Assembly

I know DTP (Final&Paint unit) gave up paint sprayers environmental relief time during the 2007 local contract. I know at Wixom metal finishers had .2 extra per day to put tools away, they also had two 20 minutes environmental relief time for Spray Brazers.

I am just thankfull DTP Body and Stamping unit will be getting a local agreement this year, the first since 2004.

• Like 1

I know DTP (Final&Paint unit) gave up paint sprayers environmental relief time during the 2007 local contract. I know at Wixom metal finishers had .2 extra per day to put tools away, they also had two 20 minutes environmental relief time for Spray Brazers.

I am just thankfull DTP Body and Stamping unit will be getting a local agreement this year, the first since 2004.

It will be the same as the 2004, they did just fine for 7 years with the crappy agreement already on the books, you think the company is going to agree to a new letters of understanding for DTP?

Hell the union there doesn't follow or even know the contract anyway, you got so many people being put out the door on discipline daily for unjust reasons by management, it just never quits.

Edited by novoter4life
  • Like 1

Why wait to see whats on the table, they fuck us every contract.. it never ends.. and they get it passed then many people that voted no are screwed. Also if we don't get new blood down in the IUAW, pretty soon these people won't allow us to vote on anything. You know that is coming, you just wait and see.

Chucky you have more user names than a Jersey hooker has given BJs

• Like 2

Why wait to see whats on the table, they fuck us every contract.. it never ends.. and they get it passed then many people that voted no are screwed. Also if we don't get new blood down in the IUAW, pretty soon these people won't allow us to vote on anything. You know that is coming, you just wait and see.

I think Ford needs to reevaluate the hiring process. Too many tards post here. Us Ford employees are soooo deprived of the good life. Maybe I should just give up my 70k yr job cause I can't nickle and dime the company that provided me with a decent life style the last 17 yrs to death! Maybe you should quit Ford if you don't like how the union negotiates for us. Just saying....

• Like 5

I think Ford needs to reevaluate the hiring process. Too many tards post here. Us Ford employees are soooo deprived of the good life. Maybe I should just give up my 70k yr job cause I can't nickle and dime the company that provided me with a decent life style the last 17 yrs to death! Maybe you should quit Ford if you don't like how the union negotiates for us. Just saying....

100% agree. Great post!!

• Like 3

Thank you. Your post makes a lot of sense. I like what the UAW has done for me and don't mind the pay or benefits. We could be a lot worse off.

• Like 2

Due to individuals with the mentality of Decker the company does not have any fear of the UAW. What I read on Local 551 website was what 99% of the members at DTP want. From what I read of the leaderships letter at Local 551, if the company can pay the CEO and President of the company over 100 million dollars last year it is not unreasonable to expect a raise for the workers who build the vehicles. So if demanding a fair contract is unreasonable, Decker count me as a radical like your leadership at Local 551!

• Like 1

Due to individuals with the mentality of Decker the company does not have any fear of the UAW. What I read on Local 551 website was what 99% of the members at DTP want. From what I read of the leaderships letter at Local 551, if the company can pay the CEO and President of the company over 100 million dollars last year it is not unreasonable to expect a raise for the workers who build the vehicles. So if demanding a fair contract is unreasonable, Decker count me as a radical like your leadership at Local 551!

We sacrificed so that the company could avoid bankruptcy and get back to profitability...that has been done. Nobody is asking for any handouts...I want back what was already negotiated that we gave up and C.O.L.A. to simply keep up with inflation....give us back what we had...nothing new and we are fine. Don't think that's out of the question and costs the company nothing above what they were responsible for when they agreed in previous contract.

• Like 1

We sacrificed so that the company could avoid bankruptcy and get back to profitability...that has been done. Nobody is asking for any handouts...I want back what was already negotiated that we gave up and C.O.L.A. to simply keep up with inflation....give us back what we had...nothing new and we are fine. Don't think that's out of the question and costs the company nothing above what they were responsible for when they agreed in previous contract.

I agree with you. Just give us back what we had. And please don't forget all of our sacriices. Like being uprooted from our job and family to be placed in a hostile work environment, Where nobody wants transfers

• Like 1

If your looking for for a 100 million then maybe you should marry into the Ford family, or get a degree from Harvard, and save a couple huge corporations! Comparing apples to oranges. Don't hate the player, hate the game! I want all my shit back as well! I'm a realist, and it's not too hard to figure out the economy's about to take a shit again. Who do you think is going to buy our cars, when unemployment is through the roof?

• Like 1

No reasonable person is saying just say no, the point made at the start of this thread was that the brother was mad at his Building Chair for telling the IUAW that the membership deserved part of the success of Ford Motor Company. Maybe the Chairman is a bastar d to Deckard, who knows but to criticize the official for telling King that the members who build the products deserve to share in the success seems reasonable to me.

My point is, if we have all these Rep`s that state and know how to negotiate everything back and can second guess everything going on in the International negotiations why, then are our Local`s going so long on extensions to prior contracts? Why have not the Local concessions been brought back?

My Local for one, is a Local that has went from a "have not" plant to a "have" plant. We lost a shift and didn`t know how or if we would be working with just one shift. At that point in time we had to look at just keeping the doors open. But, now we have moved into the "have" type plants like other`s (DTP, KTP) that are not only pulling two shift`s but well on our way to three shift`s. And mountain`s of overtime.....

The issue I keep bringing up is, on a Local level at least, these Rep`s that have to say NO, are at the have plant`s. They have all the power they need to be calling the shots in their negotiations or to reopen their contracts. Locally... Look at the reasons they have this power, that is needed to get everything back. At Chicago, hugh increase in sales on one product over last year (Explorer) and the total lock up on another product (Police units), not to mention Chicago builds the only full size Lincoln. Then there is the reasons two other plants are "have' plants and they are the Truck plants. Sales are power....

With that said, why are we at the "have" plants waiting or holding off on the Local negotiations? Really, come on, does anyone think Ford would want to stop the line at Chicago? Or at the truck plants? Really, after being told that our Saturday`s are mandatory and you will receive discipline if you don`t want to work a scheduled Saturday? Come on, how much more do you have to have in the way of sales and product to start thinking "NOW IS THE OUR TIME" .....??

Yes, we`ve been in the bottom of the bucket through the years. Hopes up so high, when the 500 was the thing that was going to save the company, that was going to save our jobs. The silly name changes on a SUV or Crossover or what ever they tried to make it into. Even further back when the company let the original Taurus turn into the cheapest rental car on the market. Those were the times that we had little or no power.

So, what the hell are we waiting for??? Once again, I hear from some, at my Local, that the International should do this or that. And there are those that sound like A Rep in Michigan when running it down to others about all that we`ve lost. But, why are these same Rep`s not applying what they keep telling their memberships, what they think should be done? Why are they holding off applying all this knowledge and experience on a local level?

I for one, believe that if my house is in order, then I`d be able to help my sisters and brother at the "have not" plant a little easier. If I was to receive some local concessions back or as some Rep`s keep saying "everything", I would not find it hard to give in to some demands to help all those members that don`t have it as good as the members at Chicago or DTP or KTP.

WAIT A MINUTE, helping others, looking out for the members that need some reinsurance that we are there for them too.... Union, Solidarity, hmm, when have so many turned to a me,me,me....

I agree with you completely.

No offense Decker but I made 52 K last year. So now I know why you thank your leadership is greedy they have already filled your pockets. I would be praising leadership that allowed me the opportunity to make that kind of money. Is Chicago taking transferees?

Chucky you have more user names than a Jersey hooker has given BJs

and you are bride of chucky that bask the people who have a right to vote no ,just remember they threw chucky in the fire and he came out alive kicking and still alive and took bride of chucky became partners,united we r even stronger,so vote no if u want and do not fear company reps and IUAW on this ,I thought veba was good for 80 years why r we giving 10 percent of our profit sharing to veba when we gave some COLA last time.Making 15 dollars hour ,I guess i be buying a use car cause I can afford to buy a new one ,founder Henry Ford your great great grandfather ,Mr Bill Ford quoted from his book I will paid my employee more then others and offer a big discount and they will buy my cars and I will get the extra money I paid them back with interest when they borrow from Ford Credit ,

• Like 1

and you are bride of chucky that bask the people who have a right to vote no ,just remember they threw chucky in the fire and he came out alive kicking and still alive and took bride of chucky became partners,united we r even stronger,so vote no if u want and do not fear company reps and IUAW on this ,I thought veba was good for 80 years why r we giving 10 percent of our profit sharing to veba when we gave some COLA last time.Making 15 dollars hour ,I guess i be buying a use car cause I can afford to buy a new one ,founder Henry Ford your great great grandfather ,Mr Bill Ford quoted from his book I will paid my employee more then others and offer a big discount and they will buy my cars and I will get the extra money I paid them back with interest when they borrow from Ford Credit ,

also u lowlife people that work at uaw plant that are buying foreign cars ,should be fire thats what Henry Ford Did ,go to Japan and see how many america cars r in their plants parking lot ,because they our loyal to their country and will be shame if they bought America cars and their goverment helps keep them high by playing with the yen verus the dollars,last but not least DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!