I SUPPORT A FUND FOR EQUAL PROFIT SHARING

novoter4life

While I don't support an additional fund for VEBA I do support an equal profit sharing fund for all members. This fund could be used to spread out a percentage of profit earnings that the company makes each year to all members. I do not think it's fair that a hi-lo driver at another plant gets $2,000 more then I do just because he worked 12 hour days in that other plant and I was unable too where I'm at. This is not fair and we need a Profit Shared Earnings fund for all members of the big three or at least for Ford where they have been reporting billions of profits every quarter for the last 4 years while we gave and gave.

I think a fund like this should have some restrictions yes but it will ensure that the majority of the members get an equal share and a fair piece of the pie.

For example, if the company makes 10 billion dollars total in profit for all 4 quarters, then the profit sharing fund should get a solid percentage of that money (1% would be a large win fall for the membership), let the IUAW take care of the fund and distribute the money which will cut down on big corporate administration costs.

This fund will ensure that everyone gets at least 10k or more at the end of the year for the profits we worked hard in getting for the company and will eliminate profit sharing from the negotiations come contract time. Profit sharing is a huge tool held over the company's head to get a yes vote. It's also a tool used by the the company to get the concessions they want and it never benefits us because we don't get enough and the company is short sighted in terms of thinking that if they give us less money at the end of the year their bottom line will be bigger. After taxes it's almost nothing and we always feel shorted on this. We work hard and people that work hard never get rewarded.

The way the profit sharing works now, normally you only get a percentage of your hours worked, with the shared earnings fund you would get an equal share like everyone else based on profit earnings and not hours worked. Just think how many people can get out of debt and pay off their homes and live the middle class lifestyle again..

Some will ask, well what if you don't make profit?

Answer is this, the company would have to make a cretin amount of profit to qualify everyone for the fund if not you get a minimum amount based on hours, this will inspire the membership to also promote the company they work for and come up with better ways to make it more profitable, hence more sales = more profit then more $$$ for us.

The main key to this idea is an equal share of the pie (1 team 1 job 1 Ford) Allan says this a lot, so put your money where your mouth is Allan. Why should John Doe make 3,000 more at a parts plant when Joe Buck is at an assembly plant busting his ass limited to working only 40 hours?. There is no more overtime anymore for most people so an equal share makes everyone happy and no longer divides the vote.

As for 2nd tier, they would be able to share in the profits as well.

Edited by novoter4life

Really? so the person that makes more money for the company by working overtime should get an equal bonus to the person that doesnt want to do any extra work? BRILLIANT! :idea::hysterical:

The worker is making more money already he's putting in OT!!!!, he's making it on time and a half (it's his choice).. if he wants to work Saturday's and Sundays he can but no longer would profit sharing be based on OT hours worked, it would be based on total profits earned. And I think it is brilliant if you ask me. The majority of workers at DTP for example work 10 hours, sometimes less then 10 hours, that's all they get. I personally know hi-lo drivers at plants like SRP that have been on 12 hour shifts and also working Saturday's because those plants don't have the help or nobody wants to work so Tom John and Paul get to work 12 hour days for half the year make a shit load of money then make another shit load of money at profit sharing time, it's not fair to people on 40 hours, why should their profit sharing be based on OT hours, when they are getting paid on the front end. If you equal up the back end (profit sharing) everyone has a goal to make the company more and more profitable, then down the road if they need to take small concessions because of the economy or for whatever reason they can without worrying about their profit sharing being dumped.

SU FI, let me put it in 3rd grade terms for you:

If you lived across the street and I gave you 5 Jelly beans and then gave the another kid 20 jelly beans for living 3 blocks away, would that be fair???

The company has been reporting large profits for 4 years now, They have more then enough money to pay off their bills, give us raises and reasonable profit sharing, and more job commitments if they want. They also have the ability to give us back what we gave up (COLA) for example. My point is, the company is making and making large buckets of cash off our backs and were barley just getting by. To me that is not fair especially when the execs and Allan is taking large multimillion dollar bonuses.

1 Team, 1 Ford... remember what he says, look up all the videos Allan is in, you'll hear him say this in each one. lol

Edited by novoter4life

While I don't support an additional fund for VEBA I do support an equal profit sharing fund for all members. This fund could be used to spread out a percentage of profit earnings that the company makes each year to all members. I do not think it's fair that a hi-lo driver at another plant gets $2,000 more then I do just because he worked 12 hour days in that other plant and I was unable too where I'm at. This is not fair and we need a Profit Shared Earnings fund for all members of the big three or at least for Ford where they have been reporting billions of profits every quarter for the last 4 years while we gave and gave.

I think a fund like this should have some restrictions yes but it will ensure that the majority of the members get an equal share and a fair piece of the pie.

For example, if the company makes 10 billion dollars total in profit for all 4 quarters, then the profit sharing fund should get a solid percentage of that money (1% would be a large win fall for the membership), let the IUAW take care of the fund and distribute the money which will cut down on big corporate administration costs.

This fund will ensure that everyone gets at least 10k or more at the end of the year for the profits we worked hard in getting for the company and will eliminate profit sharing from the negotiations come contract time. Profit sharing is a huge tool held over the company's head to get a yes vote. It's also a tool used by the the company to get the concessions they want and it never benefits us because we don't get enough and the company is short sighted in terms of thinking that if they give us less money at the end of the year their bottom line will be bigger. After taxes it's almost nothing and we always feel shorted on this. We work hard and people that work hard never get rewarded.

The way the profit sharing works now, normally you only get a percentage of your hours worked, with the shared earnings fund you would get an equal share like everyone else based on profit earnings and not hours worked. Just think how many people can get out of debt and pay off their homes and live the middle class lifestyle again..

Answer is this, the company would have to make a cretin amount of profit to qualify everyone for the fund if not you get a minimum amount based on hours, this will inspire the membership to also promote the company they work for and come up with better ways to make it more profitable, hence more sales = more profit then more $$$ for us.

The main key to this idea is an equal share of the pie (1 team 1 job 1 Ford) Allan says this a lot, so put your money where your mouth is Allan. Why should John Doe make 3,000 more at a parts plant when Joe Buck is at an assembly plant busting his ass limited to working only 40 hours?. There is no more overtime anymore for most people so an equal share makes everyone happy and no longer divides the vote.

So what your saying is that REGARDLESS of how many hours you put in yearly, you should get the exact same amount of profit sharing as I do? Are you freeking kidding me? What about when I am on a 13 day letter and I am FORCED to work a shit load of hours while you are able to pick and chose when you feel like working overtime? Are you seriously saying that while I was forced to miss some family functions or simply didn't have the opportunity to take a weekend off with the family due to the 13 day letter, I should not be getting a little more compensation for that while you had the opportunity to stay home any weekend you chose? What about the people that abuse the system and get a medical every year from "Dr. Feelgood" ? Are you saying that these people that go out on medical EVERY year but know how to play the system to get enough hours in to qualify should get paid the same exact amount of profit sharing as I do? Start thinking about what your saying before you post. You have been posting on this site since SEPT 22 and out of your 19 posts, I'm not sure I agree with any of them.

• Like 2

So what your saying is that REGARDLESS of how many hours you put in yearly, you should get the exact same amount of profit sharing as I do? Are you freeking kidding me? What about when I am on a 13 day letter and I am FORCED to work a shit load of hours while you are able to pick and chose when you feel like working overtime? Are you seriously saying that while I was forced to miss some family functions or simply didn't have the opportunity to take a weekend off with the family due to the 13 day letter, I should not be getting a little more compensation for that while you had the opportunity to stay home any weekend you chose? What about the people that abuse the system and get a medical every year from "Dr. Feelgood" ? Are you saying that these people that go out on medical EVERY year but know how to play the system to get enough hours in to qualify should get paid the same exact amount of profit sharing as I do? Start thinking about what your saying before you post. You have been posting on this site since SEPT 22 and out of your 19 posts, I'm not sure I agree with any of them.

First of all if you bothered to read my original post on this subject you would see that I mention restrictions for the profit sharing if you don't work. No if your on medical and just qualify for the minimum days worked in the year you would obviously be only illegible to get a minimum amount. Per this shared fund, you would be required to work most of the work days to be eligible for the full amount. If your in trades and your on a 13 day letter that is your fault, bump off trades and go to the show baby where the real men work. So no I don't think being on trades drinking coffee and playing cards all morning and night like they do at Saline and in most others is a bad deal for you as it is for you slugs.

The question is Mr. 13 day letter, what are you getting now in profit sharing?? ok, if you got 5k or the maximum amount last year, the Shared Profit plan would get you triple that amount. Would you want to make more or just get what your getting now? I think that's a stupid question.

As for you not being able to take days off to do family functions doesn't a 13 day letter mean you have to work 2 weeks on and you get 1 week off or something like that? You guys in trades get more days off then we do.. WTF!.. and the amount of time you don't spend fixing the lines is costing this company money. I don't blame the company for putting you people back on the line. Your lucky your even working, and if your laid off, then that's too bad, you should have known when you took the trades job there would be too many of you to fill the plants. You had the options of moving out of state for work and didn't take it.

As for us getting weekends off, were in "the show" baby, that's how it is a DTP and most assembly plants, but were still forced to only work 10 hour days with no time and a half pay!!! WTF is wrong with that picture? I think your the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.

As for people abusing the system and going on medical, like I said there would be restrictions, if your off the rolls for more then 90 days then your profit is based on a minimum share.

My profit sharing plan keeps the company honest buddy and gives everyone a fair share of the pie. If you don't agree with it, then you can continue to get $800 a year after taxes because with me Shared Profit Plan formula you would get something like 15k per year, every year.

Edited by novoter4life

First of all if you bothered to read my original post on this subject you would see that I mention restrictions for the profit sharing if you don't work. No if your on medical and just qualify for the minimum days worked in the year you would obviously be only illegible to get a minimum amount. Per this shared fund, you would be required to work most of the work days to be eligible for the full amount. If your in trades and your on a 13 day letter that is your fault, bump off trades and go to the show baby where the real men work. So no I don't think being on trades drinking coffee and playing cards all morning and night like they do at Saline and in most others is a bad deal for you as it is for you slugs.

The question is Mr. 13 day letter, what are you getting now in profit sharing?? ok, if you got 5k or the maximum amount last year, the Shared Profit plan would get you triple that amount. Would you want to make more or just get what your getting now? I think that's a stupid question.

As for you not being able to take days off to do family functions doesn't a 13 day letter mean you have to work 2 weeks on and you get 1 week off or something like that? You guys in trades get more days off then we do.. WTF!.. and the amount of time you don't spend fixing the lines is costing this company money. I don't blame the company for putting you people back on the line. Your lucky your even working, and if your laid off, then that's too bad, you should have known when you took the trades job there would be too many of you to fill the plants. You had the options of moving out of state for work and didn't take it.

As for us getting weekends off, were in "the show" baby, that's how it is a DTP and most assembly plants, but were still forced to only work 10 hour days with no time and a half pay!!! WTF is wrong with that picture? I think your the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.

As for people abusing the system and going on medical, like I said there would be restrictions, if your off the rolls for more then 90 days then your profit is based on a minimum share.

My profit sharing plan keeps the company honest buddy and gives everyone a fair share of the pie. If you don't agree with it, then you can continue to get $800 a year after taxes because with me Shared Profit Plan formula you would get something like 15k per year, every year.

LMAO.... you say more than you know! I had you pegged right from the beginning. Your nothing more than a loud mouth that thinks he is smarter than he really is and thinks to highly of himself. Let me help you out a little Smart guy.... a 13 day letter means you have to work 13 consecutive days in order to get one day off. So basically, you get 2 days off a month unless you burn vacation or E-days. So while you ( being in the "show") are working 5 days a week and get the opportunity to get 8 days off if you chose, I have no say whether or not I want to work when I am on the 13 day letter.

Now according to your way of thinking, You get the opportunity to pick and chose what overtime you work. If your kid has a football game you want to go to, it's your anniversary, or a family members birthday, you simply decline the weekend and enjoy yourself BUT, you still want to be compensated exactly like I do. Tell me how that's fair Einstein! While your at it Genius, tell me how I get more days off work than you do NOW that you know what the 13 day letter is.

As far as your comments concerning Skilled Trades go, you just showed how ignorant you truly are! First of all, I don't care if your trades or production....there's gonna be people in all areas that are willing to work and then there are gonna be some people that do everything they can to get out of working. That's just the way it is. It's the job of Management to get these people to do their jobs. But to come on here and to categorize all trades in one group as doughnut eating, coffee drinking, card playing lazy asses just shows how simple minded you really are. The Skilled Trades in my plant just installed a conveyor line with all of it's stations faster and less expensively than any outside company was willing to commit to. They busted their asses to meet a very aggressive time line and accomplished this one day sooner than expected. That's installed, piped, and all electrical hooked up in less than 2 weeks. So before you go bad mouthing Skilled Trades, maybe you should get a little more educated. Now I am not going to act like Skilled Trades are more important than production workers because they're not. I know production workers bust their asses because I came from production. In fact, I was working production while I went to college on the apprenticeship. So while your busy jacking yourself off about how awesome you are and what a "real man" you are for being in "the show" and all, just know I'm not all that impressed. I worked 10 to 12 hours a day and then went to school at night to get into Skilled Trades.

As far as being "lucky" to even be working. FUCK YOU! Because I went to college and spent 4 years on the apprenticeship to try and better myself and my family, I should be out of a job because the economy took a shit? Because the economy took a shit I should be forced to leave all my family and move out of state? again, FUCK YOU. I am not laid off but to say what you did to all the lower seniority tradesmen that are laid off or forced out of state just shows that your nothing but an self centered asshole. Maybe you would like it better if they lay off all the skilled trades and make them go back to production and then all you "real men" with less seniority would then lose their jobs. Be careful what you ask for dumbass. While it may not be you, It surely could be one of your friends you narrow minded idiot.

In closing, seeing as how your so freeking smart.....instead of just coming on this site and trying to sound like someone that knows everything, why don't you run for a Union position and put your money where you big mouth is? Oh wait, that is unless your one of those guys that love to sit back and rip current union reps but refuses to step up to the plate. But then again, that wouldn't work either....people like you very seldom get voted into office because while no one ever says it to your face, behind your back they all agree your full of shit and talk out your ass.

• Like 4

LMAO.... you say more than you know! I had you pegged right from the beginning. Your nothing more than a loud mouth that thinks he is smarter than he really is and thinks to highly of himself. Let me help you out a little Smart guy.... a 13 day letter means you have to work 13 consecutive days in order to get one day off. So basically, you get 2 days off a month unless you burn vacation or E-days. So while you ( being in the "show") are working 5 days a week and get the opportunity to get 8 days off if you chose, I have no say whether or not I want to work when I am on the 13 day letter.

Now according to your way of thinking, You get the opportunity to pick and chose what overtime you work. If your kid has a football game you want to go to, it's your anniversary, or a family members birthday, you simply decline the weekend and enjoy yourself BUT, you still want to be compensated exactly like I do. Tell me how that's fair Einstein! While your at it Genius, tell me how I get more days off work than you do NOW that you know what the 13 day letter is.

OK well I didn't know what a 13 letter was, and as I stated, you took that job so you can't blame others for the lifestyle you choose. BTW You have 12 hours every day to attend birthdays and baseball games.

2nd I would never run for union rep, cause I'd have to put up with your dumb ass all day long complaining that Joe fuckhead didn't come to work, and so your going to sit and play cards all day and not do a thing until Joe comes to work on time.. You trades people are all alike.

And big deal if you got some conveyer installed on time, that's your job idiot.

As for you going to College, I applaud you, I didn't need to go, cause I'm smart as Einstein.

Edited by novoter4life

A possible solution to what is an obvious sore spot for some, would be to tier out each of the proposed GM amounts of hours worked, As it stands now all that is required at GM is 1,850 hours to recieve the full profit sharing, maybe set it up for some smaller increases for the people that work more hours.

Example;

1,850 hours = 6,500 pay out

2,225 hours = 6,525 pay out

2,275 hours = 6,550 pay out

2,325 hours = 6,575 pay out

Just a rough example not saying those should be the exact numbers but however something mutually agreed between the Company and UAW to reward those that do give up that family time to ensure our plants meet the demand to the customers.

Just an Idea

Edited by lquidspine

OK well I didn't know what a 13 letter was, and as I stated, you took that job so you can't blame others for the lifestyle you choose. BTW You have 12 hours every day to attend birthdays and baseball games.

2nd I would never run for union rep, cause I'd have to put up with your dumb ass all day long complaining that Joe fuckhead didn't come to work, and so your going to sit and play cards all day and not do a thing until Joe comes to work on time.. You trades people are all alike.

As for you going to College, I applaud you, I didn't need to go, cause I'm smart as Einstein.

I didn't blame no one for the lifestyle I chose. All I said is that I don't agree with everyone getting the same amount of profit sharing regardless of what hours they work. And BTW, Not all functions start according to people's work schedules.

2nd -That's the exact answer I suspected from a loud mouth know it all like yourself. First off asshole, being production... you would be representing production people for the most part unless starting off as a committeeman is beneath someone like you. Then you might have to represent some trades but like I said before, don't waste your time. By just reading your posts I can tell you wouldn't have a shot in hell of getting elected. It's probably for the best anyway, the last thing you need is some "fucktard" coming to you with some grand plan how everyone can get $15,000 every year from profit sharing regardless of what the company does financially. IDIOT!

As far as the conveyor goes, I wasn't looking for a pat on the back....I was just proving the point that Ford Motor Company has some of the best tradesmen around and that a lot of them do bust their asses and do good work. Just like a lot of production people bust their asses everyday and do good work. The problem I have is you running your cockholster bad mouthing Skilled Trades because you were either to lazy to go to college or you couldn't pass the test!

Lastly, as far as you not going to college because you're as smart as Einstein.... is that why your doing manual labor for a living Jackoff?

If you were Einstein you will have pick skilled trades,most skilled are on call like a fireman ,they sit and drink coffee too ,but when there is a fire they put their life on the line to save your ass and your love ones ,we don't start fires we put them out ,if there is breakdown watch us perform to keep that line so we all could have a job,my job is to keep the line running so if its running do you want me to stop it and work on it ,your job is important too!In the trades there are people getting kill,burn smash ,lose a finger ,blinded every day ,how many production people get these kind of injuries ,just doing their job.Playing with electricity is dangerous ,so is all the other trades ,under pressure u know alot of skilled trade people die young .

I didn't blame no one for the lifestyle I chose. All I said is that I don't agree with everyone getting the same amount of profit sharing regardless of what hours they work. And BTW, Not all functions start according to people's work schedules.

2nd -That's the exact answer I suspected from a loud mouth know it all like yourself. First off asshole, being production... you would be representing production people for the most part unless starting off as a committeeman is beneath someone like you. Then you might have to represent some trades but like I said before, don't waste your time. By just reading your posts I can tell you wouldn't have a shot in hell of getting elected. It's probably for the best anyway, the last thing you need is some "fucktard" coming to you with some grand plan how everyone can get $15,000 every year from profit sharing regardless of what the company does financially. IDIOT!

As far as the conveyor goes, I wasn't looking for a pat on the back....I was just proving the point that Ford Motor Company has some of the best tradesmen around and that a lot of them do bust their asses and do good work. Just like a lot of production people bust their asses everyday and do good work. The problem I have is you running your cockholster bad mouthing Skilled Trades because you were either to lazy to go to college or you couldn't pass the test!

Lastly, as far as you not going to college because you're as smart as Einstein.... is that why your doing manual labor for a living Jackoff?

Ok let me get this straight, I've seen lines go up before, so your calling it work to setup a new conveyer line? Last time I checked the hilo-driver does all the work while you sit around waiting for him, as for bolting a conveyer to the floor, it's what 1 bolt every 12 feet on both sides? and cause you dumb asses don't know how to use the proper tools to drill a hole in concrete you take 2 hours to drill 1 hole and piss everyone off cause they have to hear your drills then let me see, you have to call a pipe fitter over to hang the pipe so you can run your wires right?? while you wait again? lol tough job man.. And to get it done in 2 weeks, you deserve a raise.

Lets see I do manual labor for a living, yes your right "I'm in the show" lol

your days are numbered as a slug, either take another job or go back to production.

You guys cost the company millions each year and you know it.

I'm all for people having good jobs, but when you come on here and talk like you guys save the day, I can remember many trades people at Saline for example that cause our line alone to have so much down time it wasn't crazy. I remember one time I had the answer to a line fix, but trades supervisor didn't want to listen to me, like his 18 year old ass knew it all. They got so tired of coming to the line to keep trying to fix our line, the engineer and trades supervisor finally took me up on my fix idea, the line never broke down again. I actually got a free lunch from subway for doing it. Trades doesn't like it when you show them up that's for sure..

hahaahahahahaha lol

Edited by novoter4life

The current deal that GM is voting on does excatly what is being proposed. Everyone will get the same as long as they work the minimum hours. The big problem with it is the limit of how much can be recieved. Profit is profit, the payout should not be limited to only the first 12 billion of profits. If the company makes 20 billion...profit sharing should reflect that. Instead, the GM deal makes it the same payout to employees for 12 billion, as it does for 30 billion. Its called profit sharing, not profit limiting.

While I do like parts of this, I also understand that its not always fair.

Yes...some jobs are forced into lots of OT. Some jobs are not offered OT. Some jobs get to choose if they work OT. No job is more important than the next, but in the long run, its not up to the employee in most cases as to whether or not they work OT. Thats why the IUAW made the GM deal. Its a way to "level the field"

Personally, I work any OT offered. Unfortunatly for me, I don't get offered much, and some years none at all. Lets face reality, it all depends on the product your plant builds, and the demand for that product. In most cases, the employee has no say either way. Most see some years of heavy OT, and other years very little if any.

As for coming on here and attacking Trades...Thats just plain wrong. We have slugs in production, as well as in trades, however I feel that the majority of workers come to work and do thier jobs to the best of their abilities.

Some people fell that profit sharing should be equal, some feel that it shouldn't. Only the vote on the contract will decide the issue. You and I, really have very little to say in what gets negotiated, but as a group, we have the ultimate power to accept, or reject it.

Ok let me get this straight, I've seen lines go up before, so your calling it work to setup a new conveyer line? Last time I checked the hilo-driver does all the work while you sit around waiting for him, as for bolting a conveyer to the floor, it's what 1 bolt every 12 feet on both sides? and cause you dumb asses don't know how to use the proper tools to drill a hole in concrete you take 2 hours to drill 1 hole and piss everyone off cause they have to hear your drills then let me see, you have to call a pipe fitter over to hang the pipe so you can run your wires right?? while you wait again? lol tough job man.. And to get it done in 2 weeks, you deserve a raise.

Lets see I do manual labor for a living, yes your right "I'm in the show" lol

your days are numbered as a slug, either take another job or go back to production.

You guys cost the company millions each year and you know it.

I'm all for people having good jobs, but when you come on here and talk like you guys save the day, I can remember many trades people at Saline for example that cause our line alone to have so much down time it wasn't crazy. I remember one time I had the answer to a line fix, but trades supervisor didn't want to listen to me, like his 18 year old ass knew it all. They got so tired of coming to the line to keep trying to fix our line, the engineer and trades supervisor finally took me up on my fix idea, the line never broke down again. I actually got a free lunch from subway for doing it. Trades doesn't like it when you show them up that's for sure..

hahaahahahahaha lol

WAIT!....you actually seen a line go up before? If that's the case, How in the world can I argue with your logic? Call me bullheaded but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. Under YOUR logic; I've been to the Dentist and have had a cavity filled and even had a tooth pulled, It didn't look that difficult.....Maybe I should turn in my tools and become a Dentist! Or wait, I've taken my dog to the vet and watched them clip his nails and stitch a cut before. Didn't look to difficult. Maybe I will be a vet.

Actually, I'm just teasing but I do appreciate you helping me prove my point by running off at the mouth and showing how ignorant you truly are.

As far as Skilled Trades costing the company millions of dollars every year by not fixing the assembly line....you have no idea how many times trades have come out to repair a line and the supervisor refuses to allow the tradesman time to repair it the correct way because the line would be down for 20-30 minutes while the repair was being made. I have actually heard them say they will take the chance on just slapping a band-aid on it to keep the line running when they were told that if it keeps running that way, they could be looking at major down time. You have no idea how many times the correct parts weren't ordered from engineering. There are many reasons why a repair isn't taken care of properly or quickly INCLUDING some tradesmen don't want to do their jobs. But as I said before, you have people like that in ALL classifications.

I could very easily think like you do and say that every recall ford has is due to production not doing there jobs correctly and not paying attention but I know better. Or I could run off at the mouth and talk about how many times a bullshit ticket came in for a repair and when I got out there, the production operator just wanted a break and asked me to take a slow look at something to give him 10 minutes and I could ASSUME ALL production people do that.

The point is, I know that production people have tedious jobs and the majority of them are back breaking work, but just because I have seen some lazy asses in production does not mean I am going to categorize all production as lazy. I have seen some production jobs that were easy as hell, but I'm not gonna say a monkey could do your job. Again, I know better. You on the other hand would rather bad mouth skilled trades when it's clear you don't know what your talking about. I think the only problem we have is your not man enough to admit it!

Now what do ya say we end this conversation considering the topic was meant to be on profit sharing.

WAIT!....you actually seen a line go up before? If that's the case, How in the world can I argue with your logic? Call me bullheaded but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. Under YOUR logic; I've been to the Dentist and have had a cavity filled and even had a tooth pulled, It didn't look that difficult.....Maybe I should turn in my tools and become a Dentist! Or wait, I've taken my dog to the vet and watched them clip his nails and stitch a cut before. Didn't look to difficult. Maybe I will be a vet.

Actually, I'm just teasing but I do appreciate you helping me prove my point by running off at the mouth and showing how ignorant you truly are.

As far as Skilled Trades costing the company millions of dollars every year by not fixing the assembly line....you have no idea how many times trades have come out to repair a line and the supervisor refuses to allow the tradesman time to repair it the correct way because the line would be down for 20-30 minutes while the repair was being made. I have actually heard them say they will take the chance on just slapping a band-aid on it to keep the line running when they were told that if it keeps running that way, they could be looking at major down time. You have no idea how many times the correct parts weren't ordered from engineering. There are many reasons why a repair isn't taken care of properly or quickly INCLUDING some tradesmen don't want to do their jobs. But as I said before, you have people like that in ALL classifications.

I could very easily think like you do and say that every recall ford has is due to production not doing there jobs correctly and not paying attention but I know better. Or I could run off at the mouth and talk about how many times a bullshit ticket came in for a repair and when I got out there, the production operator just wanted a break and asked me to take a slow look at something to give him 10 minutes and I could ASSUME ALL production people do that.

The point is, I know that production people have tedious jobs and the majority of them are back breaking work, but just because I have seen some lazy asses in production does not mean I am going to categorize all production as lazy. I have seen some production jobs that were easy as hell, but I'm not gonna say a monkey could do your job. Again, I know better. You on the other hand would rather bad mouth skilled trades when it's clear you don't know what your talking about. I think the only problem we have is your not man enough to admit it!

Now what do ya say we end this conversation considering the topic was meant to be on profit sharing.

lol

first of all, typical for a tradesman to think a repair ticket is Bullshit.. You just proved my point... You and your cohorts sit back and say "f-that" they don't need it repaired..

2nd, how does an operator get a break by a repair person coming out to look at a job? The ops can't leave the line for the trades people to run the job station, the OP runs it while the trade person figures out the problem.

3rd, you say you seen some lazy asses in production? could be, and recalls are for many reasons, mostly due to quality of parts and not actual production work.

have a nice flight.

lol

first of all, typical for a tradesman to think a repair ticket is Bullshit.. You just proved my point... You and your cohorts sit back and say "f-that" they don't need it repaired..

2nd, how does an operator get a break by a repair person coming out to look at a job? The ops can't leave the line for the trades people to run the job station, the OP runs it while the trade person figures out the problem.

3rd, you say you seen some lazy asses in production? could be, and recalls are for many reasons, mostly due to quality of parts and not actual production work.

have a nice flight.

I didn't say repair tickets are bullshit you idiot, I said I have had production people put in tickets knowing there was nothing wrong just to get a break. It don't happen very often, but it has happened. And they may not be able to walk away at your plant when the tradesman is working on the job, but they can at my plant.

So your point wasn't proven, you just don't have the ability to hear what's being said without twisting it Jackass.

Obviously this conversation is going no where considering you don't have the integrity to have a honest conversation so feel free to simply go back to your assembly line and jack yourself off while telling yourself how great it is to be a "real man" in "the show" lmao

T

SU FI, let me put it in 3rd grade terms for you:

If you lived across the street and I gave you 5 Jelly beans and then gave the another kid 20 jelly beans for living 3 blocks away, would that be fair???

Yes but the fault with your 3rd grade logic is that you just cut your neighbors grass. The boy who got 20 jelly beans cut the grass and trimmed the shrubs and took out the garbage so he should get more. It should be linked to hours worked. Take the whole pool of cash and take the hours worked by everyone company wide and pay your bonus for what hours you worked.

Really? so the person that makes more money for the company by working overtime should get an equal bonus to the person that doesnt want to do any extra work? BRILLIANT! :idea::hysterical:

Exactly...If someone puts in 60 hours a week and I only work 40 hours a week they spent 1/3 more time in the plant then I did...they deserved 1/3 more profit sharing then me....didn't they contribute more towards the profits by giving up their family time for the company? Useless thread in support of equal profit sharing. The company is actually against this itself because in the GM proposal it says you must get atleast 1850 to qualify for the highest payout...if you work less hours you get less. So why is it ok to pay less if you don't get to 1850....but no more if you go over....I call BS!!

If a fellow Union brother or sister is spending more time at work, they should get a bigger piece of the pie! So what if your not offered OT, many of us are not offered OT but if someone is spending more time at work thus benefiting his or her plant, they should be entitled a larger profit share.

• Like 1

If a fellow Union brother or sister is spending more time at work, they should get a bigger piece of the pie! So what if your not offered OT, many of us are not offered OT but if someone is spending more time at work thus benefiting his or her plant, they should be entitled a larger profit share.

I agree. Also, I work all the overtime they ask of me while others decline all/any overtime. So how would that be fair?

Ok so then profit sharing at the end of the year is a welfare system then that's what your saying right?? Then we shouldn't get it at all then cause welfare is bad? Any program that helps people according to republicans is bad I guess.

Your getting your extra money when you work your OT so what's the problem? (you think you should get a bag full more?) Why should 1 person get more working OT when a great percentage of workers limited to 40 hours a week like I said isn't. You got your bonus, it's called (OT) time and a half.. You people don't see the logic..

Everyone in the company contributes what they allowed too to the profit of the company. If everyone is contributing then why shouldn't everyone get a fair piece of the profits? (an equal piece), and this spurs growth and moral company wide.

You chose to take OT in your parts plants, It's not that I didn't choose it, I just couldn't get it or it's never offered. DTP is a great example of that when you compare them with other Ford plants like Livonia Transmission. There is a ton of OT in Livonia, there is none at DTP. You work 10 hour days 4 days a week. In Livonia trans, you work 5 days a week 8 hour days, and you choose to take OT as it's offered for over 8 hours weekdays or work on the weekend.

Under my Shared Earning plan anyone actively on the rolls for more then so many days would be eligible for a full share of the percentage from the Shared Earnings fund. it wouldn't go by hours, it would go by days worked. (full days worked) yes you can equate that to hours, but the current formula for profit sharing would be thrown out and would give people an equal amount across the board only if the company reports profits for all 4 quarters. 2 tier would also be lumped into it as well, so that everyone is treated the same and it's all equal.

I see many people fighting over how much they made compared to hi-lo drivers or team suck asses.

The fact of the mater is, many of us in assembly are limited to 4 days a week 10 hour days (40 hours) and that's it while a higher percentage of workers outside of assembly including trades are able to work 50-85 hours if they can get it, and believe me those that want it, take all of it, and then seniority prevents others from making any money.

The only reason you would knock down my plan or idea would be because your either company or the IUAW, if your the company you don't want to give us anything more then what we have now (shame on your greedy ass), we build these vehicles for you and make you money, we also buy them.

If your the IUAW, you wouldn't want to negotiate this because it would be much to much work for you, and you hardly do your jobs as it is. Look where you got us the last 7 years. We gave up so much skin, you can now see our bones. The membership has become emaciated like a bunch of abused dogs.

My idea gives us 10-20k per year in profit sharing instead of the measly $2800-$3500 (about $2300 after taxes). 1% of 10 billion is 100 million, the company can sure afford to spread out 100 million in profits to the very people that are making them rich. I saw let the union take this fund and administrate it, if they can keep from putting their hands in it that is.

GET IT BACK AND NEVER GIVE IT UP AGAIN

Edited by novoter4life

For example, if the company makes 10 billion dollars total in profit for all 4 quarters, then the profit sharing fund should get a solid percentage of that money (1% would be a large win fall for the membership), let the IUAW take care of the fund and distribute the money which will cut down on big corporate administration costs. This fund will ensure that everyone gets at least 10k or more at the end of the year for the profits we worked hard in getting for the company and will eliminate profit sharing from the negotiations come contract time

Einstein,

100,000,000 divided by 45000 equals what?

100 000 000 / 45 000 = 2 222.22222

Where is this mythical 10k you speak of?

• Like 1

For example, if the company makes 10 billion dollars total in profit for all 4 quarters, then the profit sharing fund should get a solid percentage of that money (1% would be a large win fall for the membership), let the IUAW take care of the fund and distribute the money which will cut down on big corporate administration costs. This fund will ensure that everyone gets at least 10k or more at the end of the year for the profits we worked hard in getting for the company and will eliminate profit sharing from the negotiations come contract time

Einstein,

100,000,000 divided by 45000 equals what?

100 000 000 / 45 000 = 2 222.22222

Where is this mythical 10k you speak of?

Then use 25% of 10 billion, I don't care man, use the numbers you wanna use, I think 10-20k across the board each year out of their profits doesn't hurt the company and it doesn't hurt the industry. The only people that may have a problem is the public. The public perception would be, "oh there making more then 100 per hour now" with their new profit sharing they get.. WHO THE HELL CARES, do I care about what doctor's make, do I care about and bicker about what lawyers make (NO I DON'T) so who cares what Washington or the public thinks about us doing well for ourselves. I don't think anyone cares and besides it's profits not net earnings.

You could eliminate the 2nd tier from getting it and just give them what they get now, and bring the percentage down.. Do the math however you wanna do it, structure the way you want, or the way the IUAW wants, doesn't matter. If everyone got 10k-20k at the end of the year, and they knew they could expect it with 4 profit made quarters, think of how prosperous the workforce would be again. Banks would be paid off, people would buy houses, people would spend money again. It's the middle class in this country that makes this country spin round and round bud.. The rich just horde the money, the middle class spends it, this is why there is no cash.

I support redistribution of wealth yes, but only if it's done the right way and the fair way. (not obama's way).

Romney/Gingrich 2012

Edited by novoter4life