2013 Mustang

well i will know within a week or so, due to an inquiry regarding ordering a GT500 convertible, and being informed by our rep 2012's were built out, and 2013 Job one is April 2013, I asked if there were any changes. The answer "We will find out next week at the showing...." has made me curious. Any insider info apart from the GT500 will have 600hp?.....oh, and our rep, a rather nice gentleman, goes by Henry III.........

well i will know within a week or so, due to an inquiry regarding ordering a GT500 convertible, and being informed by our rep 2012's were built out, and 2013 Job one is April 2013, I asked if there were any changes. The answer "We will find out next week at the showing...." has made me curious. Any insider info apart from the GT500 will have 600hp?.....oh, and our rep, a rather nice gentleman, goes by Henry III.........

The 2013 'Stang is supposed to be "freshened" (a la 2012 to 2013 Taurus changes). I've heard new taillights for sure and a massaged front clip, and interior revisions to some degree. This version will only be available for 2 model years until the 2015 "global" Mustang comes out in early 2014.

Exterior changes would help I guess. I feel the Mustang is the better car overall then it's competition however, maybe it's sales are hindered by it's styling. The Camero still turns heads which works for GM but I can't get behind the lack of visibility and weight. Style over substance IMHO. Some interior upgrades would be nice but I don't know about MFT in a Mustang. Perhaps, I'm a traditionalist who sees a muscle pure and simple. A boost in power for the D37 V6 and perhaps the 5.0L (I feel personally 412 hp is more then enough) would be good to remain competitive with the Camero. From what I see amongst the Mustang/Camero fanboys, is that numbers matter.

Edited by Hugh

I heard your HP number may be a little low. And I heard Henry is a pretty cool cat.

Exterior changes would help I guess. I feel the Mustang is the better car overall then it's competition however, maybe it's sales are hindered by it's styling. The Camero still turns heads which works for GM but I can't get behind the lack of visibility and weight. Style over substance IMHO. Some interior upgrades would be nice but I don't know about MFT in a Mustang. Perhaps, I'm a traditionalist who sees a muscle pure and simple. A boost in power for the D37 V6 and perhaps the 5.0L (I feel personally 412 hp is more then enough) would be good to remain competitive with the Camero. From what I see amongst the Mustang/Camero fanboys, is that numbers matter.

Right or wrong, and I feel wrong, the new Camaro seems to be seen as a more modern, refined go fast vehicle than the Mustang. More of a head turner. I will give it that, but like you said, the Camaro interior and terrible visibility would be deal breakers for me. I'd be more than willing to spend the extra bucks on a Corvette and forget the Camaro. The Camaro has major flaws and the Corvette is America's iconic sports car that keeps getting better. GM should just stick with V6 Camaro for under $30,000 and let the Corvette do the talking when it comes to GM performance. No $47,000 Camaro SS Convertibles. You can buy a 2009 Corvette cheaper than that and enjoy lots more performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Drives:

2002 Matador Red Ford Taurus SES Sport

2001 Orient Red Metallic Porsche Boxster

From what I see amongst the Mustang/Camero fanboys, is that numbers matter.

Numbers matter only to people that feel they need to justify their decision. Personally, I don't care if a Mustang is faster or slower than a Camaro, I'm going to buy the car that feels better when I drive it. Right now, the Mustang has the Camaro's ass kicked in that department.

Numbers matter only to people that feel they need to justify their decision. Personally, I don't care if a Mustang is faster or slower than a Camaro, I'm going to buy the car that feels better when I drive it. Right now, the Mustang has the Camaro's ass kicked in that department.

my 2c, from customers whom have looked at all three, incomparison with the Camaro and Dodge the Mustang feels exceedingly light on its feet and feels the sportiest....the Dodge is the Vanishing Point long distance King, and the Camaro is just plain lost and doesnt know what it is and visbility is shocking....

Edited by Deanh

extremely jealous of the guys getting to go to Detroit for the new car showing...2013 Mustang is but one, new Fusion, the electric C-max, plug ins, Focus electric, new Taurus, Focus ST, maybe the SHO Explorer, 2013 F-150? Transit?.....hopefully not everything is embargoed and I can share what I will ultimately be 'grain-illy" shown....this show may have more content than any for the last decade....

extremely jealous of the guys getting to go to Detroit for the new car showing...2013 Mustang is but one, new Fusion, the electric C-max, plug ins, Focus electric, new Taurus, Focus ST, maybe the SHO Explorer, 2013 F-150? Transit?.....hopefully not everything is embargoed and I can share what I will ultimately be 'grain-illy" shown....this show may have more content than any for the last decade....

Yes, living in Metro Detroit sometimes has its rewards. I won't be missing this show. Ford will be showing a lot of new stuff and so will some other notable auto companies. I can think of one in particular that only came back to Detroit show recently. My two favorite companies will be showing a lot of cool, new stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Drives:

Yes, living in Metro Detroit sometimes has its rewards. I won't be missing this show. Ford will be showing a lot of new stuff and so will some other notable auto companies. I can think of one in particular that only came back to Detroit show recently. My two favorite companies will be showing a lot of cool, new stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Drives:

fantastic, enjoy, and you can supply backup for what I hear, or probably post it faster....have a great time...I AM extremely jealous...

fantastic, enjoy, and you can supply backup for what I hear, or probably post it faster....have a great time...I AM extremely jealous...

I think you two are talking about 2 different Auto Shows. I believe Dean is refering to the Dealer intro show and FORDBUYER is refering to the NAIAS.

Right or wrong, and I feel wrong, the new Camaro seems to be seen as a more modern, refined go fast vehicle than the Mustang. More of a head turner. I will give it that, but like you said, the Camaro interior and terrible visibility would be deal breakers for me. I'd be more than willing to spend the extra bucks on a Corvette and forget the Camaro. The Camaro has major flaws and the Corvette is America's iconic sports car that keeps getting better. GM should just stick with V6 Camaro for under $30,000 and let the Corvette do the talking when it comes to GM performance. No $47,000 Camaro SS Convertibles. You can buy a 2009 Corvette cheaper than that and enjoy lots more performance.

Interesting yet I see GM will invest more in Camaro opposed to Corvette simply because they can sell more of them. I agree the Corvette is probably the better car between the two.

I'm just saying it's a bragging thing, nothing more. I maintain the Mustang is the better overall car and road tests prove it. However, people will still buy what they want.