Alot of talk of Fusion going to AAI

DTP MANIAC

Friday the UAW spokesperson said the Fusion was staying in Mexico.

I read that quote in Auto News. Maybe it's me, but I think it is kind of inappropriate for a UAW spokesperson to comment on production decisions of non-union or outside the US plants. Whose side is she on anyway?

Off topic, it would be interesting to know what is bogging down these talks.

Workers in Mexico get paid between $2 and $4 dollars

an hour , the fusion will stay in Mexico.

Too many profits being made off that car by it

being built in Mexico.

Are you sure its not $8 per hour? Besides, There are political reasons why the car went to mexico besides cost to manufacture..

"Equally important, free trade agreements between Mexico and parts of South America allow Ford to export Fusions to markets such as Brazil and avoid high tariffs, Handler said"

The good of AAI becoming an overflow plant is we can finally buy a Fusion or MKZ built with UAW labor! Lets not forget where the drivetrain in the mexi built fusion comes from. UAW-Ford is involved with the building of the Fusion already.

Pay no attention to DUMBLEP because it aint going to happen.

I didn't start the rumor Die, Bloomberg News said it. I've always said of all the products we could get, the Fusion would be a long shot. Our B/C rep said they were negotiating for it and there is a good chance it will come to the US, with AAI being the most likely, but anything could happen. It does look good for us getting new product (Fusion or other) because when I was talking to a maintenance supervisor the other day they said after years of being under a tight budget and AAI never giving them any money to fix equipment properly, suddenly they have an "open checkbook" and were told to fix whatever they needed to. That's a very good sign for getting new product. Taking the Fusion from Mexico would be a very big deal, not thought possible a few months ago, but GM is moving product to the US and Chrysler is looking to do the same, so it CAN happen, we'll see if it does.

I didn't start the rumor Die, Bloomberg News said it. I've always said of all the products we could get, the Fusion would be a long shot. Our B/C rep said they were negotiating for it and there is a good chance it will come to the US, with AAI being the most likely, but anything could happen. It does look good for us getting new product (Fusion or other) because when I was talking to a maintenance supervisor the other day they said after years of being under a tight budget and AAI never giving them any money to fix equipment properly, suddenly they have an "open checkbook" and were told to fix whatever they needed to. That's a very good sign for getting new product. Taking the Fusion from Mexico would be a very big deal, not thought possible a few months ago, but GM is moving product to the US and Chrysler is looking to do the same, so it CAN happen, we'll see if it does.

I agree my brother!