AAI gets Fusion and adds Jobs

Sharp Shooter

i thought it said and don't quote me but

so your not getting the Fusion. Your getting what the Mexican plant can't make. Big difference.

Here's Solid house :happy feet:

Here's Ford :banmolest:

Here's you :cheerleader:

Here's the contract :heartbreaker:

Here's what we really get :chairshot:

It might be specific trim levels or hybrids, not just overflow. I've seen it in print both ways. Our production supervisors were told it would take a significant chunk of production away from Mexico. 500 million dollar investment into AAI is more than overflow, unless we make overflow for MORE than 1 car!

• Like 2

It might be specific trim levels or hybrids, not just overflow. I've seen it in print both ways. Our production supervisors were told it would take a significant chunk of production away from Mexico. 500 million dollar investment into AAI is more than overflow, unless we make overflow for MORE than 1 car!

Many questions still need to be answered.

This action is still almost 2 years away. As we know from the last 2 years, anything can change between now and then.

It would have been nice if our bargaining team would have elaborated a bit here, does this include a set of tooling for body panels?

Just looks like a perpetual whipsaw situation at best here for the AAI membership.

Many questions still need to be answered.

This action is still almost 2 years away. As we know from the last 2 years, anything can change between now and then.

It would have been nice if our bargaining team would have elaborated a bit here, does this include a set of tooling for body panels?

Just looks like a perpetual whipsaw situation at best here for the AAI membership.

This would be next year, not 2 years away. Investments in Stamping, Body & Paint will be made. There is still the possibility that Lincoln will go ahead with the MKR, a rear wheel drive Mustang based luxury sports car. (We could make all 3!) Mark Phelan, the Detroit Free Press auto Critic just wrote a column about it. It WOULD be nice if the bargaining team elaborates more, hopefully they will!

What? Both the Free Press article and the Highlights says AAI is getting the Fusion and adding over 1,000 jobs. You rock negotiators!!!

Well what do you know... It's time to ratify a new contract and here comes some recently-registered members talking up the deal, telling us how we should vote yes, and talking about how the negotiators "rock". :rolleyes: It happens every time the membership has to vote on something.

We see right through you. You're a paid IUAW shill - no different than any other spammer on this message board trying to sell e-cigarettes or bootleg electronics. We're not buying the BS you're selling.

We're not going to just go by the highlights. We know the devil is in the details. Pimp your wares elsewhere and stop spamming us.

• Like 2

This would be next year, not 2 years away. Investments in Stamping, Body & Paint will be made. There is still the possibility that Lincoln will go ahead with the MKR, a rear wheel drive Mustang based luxury sports car. (We could make all 3!) Mark Phelan, the Detroit Free Press auto Critic just wrote a column about it. It WOULD be nice if the bargaining team elaborates more, hopefully they will!

I heard the call today and the words 2013 came out of Settles' mouth. Are you saying he mis-spoke, or do you have special knowledge that he doesn't? Or...maybe was referring to model year 2013?

I heard the call today and the words 2013 came out of Settles' mouth. Are you saying he mis-spoke, or do you have special knowledge that he doesn't? Or...maybe was referring to model year 2013?

Model year 2013. Retool and start building in 2012. Launch date is still undecided, but will be building pre production models within year. Sometimes you launch in January of a calendar year, but you start 5-6 months before that. Mazda still hasn't given us a withdraw date, they say technically we will no longer build the Mazda 6 in the US, but they might try to build a different product at AAI. They are playing both sides of the fence and have no real products to build. The 3 is the only decent seller they have and it's only made in Japan, but doesn't have enough volume to be made here, unless they want to save money on shipping to US and not get killed on the currency exchange because the Yen has risen a lot against the dollar. There's no way the 6 will be made until the end of 2012 like they said. It will be leaving much sooner. If they leave altogether, we will become Flat Rock Assembly. The Mexican Fusion plant has to retool also because the Fusion is going from the old Mazda 6 platform to the European Mondeo platform with the Evos prototype styling. Fusion sales are topping 200,000 yearly and rising, we could produce 25-40% of all Fusions, how many hasn't been decided yet. Sales could rise even more due to American production of a former Mexican product that many union workers and family members wouldn't buy because of foreign non-union production.

The Fusion is a great vehicle.I still cant believe KCAP getting a one Billion dollar investment----WOW!Ford loves Kansas City!Plus where Ford invests today is where they will build tomorrow.Great for Michigan and the USA!A billion dollars!?!

Well what do you know... It's time to ratify a new contract and here comes some recently-registered members talking up the deal, telling us how we should vote yes, and talking about how the negotiators "rock". :rolleyes: It happens every time the membership has to vote on something.

We see right through you. You're a paid IUAW shill - no different than any other spammer on this message board trying to sell e-cigarettes or bootleg electronics. We're not buying the BS you're selling.

We're not going to just go by the highlights. We know the devil is in the details. Pimp your wares elsewhere and stop spamming us.

Not sure if you have been signed up on the UAW wire and Facebook but there has been some great info on this site! thank you Settles for getting with the times. The White pages are also on line, so read the details idiot, there are no concessions that I have read!

• Like 1

Not sure if you have been signed up on the UAW wire and Facebook but there has been some great info on this site! thank you Settles for getting with the times. The White pages are also on line, so read the details idiot, there are no concessions that I have read!

I am not gonna vote no for these but, Legal Services gone on December 31, 2013 and prescription co-pays are going up.

So far the gains outweigh the losses in my opinion

• Like 1

The Fusion is a great vehicle.I still cant believe KCAP getting a one Billion dollar investment----WOW!Ford loves Kansas City!Plus where Ford invests today is where they will build tomorrow.Great for Michigan and the USA!A billion dollars!?!

I think AAI will be a 3 shift operation. The investments will continue to flow into AAI now and in the future. Bodes well for Michigan's job security.

• Like 1