YES or NO on this contract?

DTP MANIAC

......... Are you Kidding Me? Ford Motor Company is building a SECOND Freakin Plant in India, and we can not get re-stored the original COLA? 6 min. break time? Come the F**k on! Damn right I'm voting NO! This is some sorry ass'd sh**.

Just because the economy is down we are supposed to bend over and just take it without a fight? Be happy because we have a job? Just take their sh** and "stay" silent? WTF? And watch the vote will probably pass with an over whelming percentage.... as usual :headscratch:

• Like 2

Fuck class and fuck you. You are a factory grunt. What expectation of class can you possibly have? I'm pissed you moron!

Fuck you, inbred fucktucky idiot! How about that imbicile? Also, no one gives a shit if your pissed off! Quit asswipe if you don't like it! 50k should be like a million bucks in fucktucky!

Edited by el norte
  • Like 2

Fuck you, inbred fucktucky idiot! How about that imbicile? Also, no one gives a shit if your pissed off! Quit asswipe if you don't like it! 50k should be like a million bucks in fucktucky!

We got absolutely nothing back....nothing that we gave up in concessions....yet they can give the upper management almost 100 million in bonuses...take that shitty contract and come back with the real deal.

• Like 2

El norte? Do you work at the Fusion plant? hows the weather down there in Mexico you greasy fuck. So because I am from Kentucky I should be a grateful little hick and be glad I have a job, huh? You can go fuck yourself with your mama's tamale. And for the record, there are not 3 i's in "imbecile" tacotucky. You go and vote yes if you wish, wait a minute, don't you have to be a US citizen to vote?

We got absolutely nothing back....nothing that we gave up in concessions....yet they can give the upper management almost 100 million in bonuses...take that shitty contract and come back with the real deal.

Nothing back? You get an invesment of $621 million and a new press line along with bonuses and increased benefits.

• Like 1

I can't find a single reason to vote yes on this contract. There is not a single thing that benefits me.....this is nothing more than concessions round 3. What a joke. Keep your 6 grand. It will be an extremely vocal NO vote! (Im good where Im at)

Not one reason? I am looking at the highlights. You get work from JAPAN, two new applications of the 6F-mid to be insourced and a total investment of $220 million.

• Like 2

im a YES. and im grateful everyday for my job at Fords, im earning a wage much higher than the average worker, I've got great health insurace that has saved my wifes life twice now, once from lung cancer and then from brain anyursims, I thank Ford and the UAW for my towncar and my F-150, For my beautiful home, my boat my Polaris rv and for my pension plan and my 401. I think you guys ougth to count your blessing and be happy with all you have, look around you at what the rest of the countrys going through, over 9% unemployment, I can't believe the hatred im hearing for a company and union who have made it possible for each of you to have what you do have, im sure glad I don't know any of you cause I would surely feel ashamed to call any of you, friends.

I am with you. At Cleveland Engine we are getting new work and investment of $278 million and we are going to add a 3rd shift. That is great--we got work and so do most of the other plants.

• Like 2

Honestly this is what it boils down to. This Contract isn't about you as an individual, it isn't about me. We were not going to get back everything we had given up, that was just not feasible. We may get concessions back someday in the future, we may not. The contract secured MORE jobs, for MORE people, in an economic climate where people are losing jobs on a daily basis. Again, this contract isn't about you or i. Anyone who skims the contract and only sees 6k bonus and nothing gained for them(which really isn't true) and immediately says "i'm voting no" is a selfish person that i hope i don't work with and has no consideration of fellow suffering union brothers and sisters.

Ultimately, if we force the deal back to the table with ford, this deal could get worse.. thats another consideration many people don't seem to realize.

• Like 3

Honestly this is what it boils down to. This Contract isn't about you as an individual, it isn't about me. We were not going to get back everything we had given up, that was just not feasible. We may get concessions back someday in the future, we may not. The contract secured MORE jobs, for MORE people, in an economic climate where people are losing jobs on a daily basis. Again, this contract isn't about you or i. Anyone who skims the contract and only sees 6k bonus and nothing gained for them(which really isn't true) and immediately says "i'm voting no" is a selfish person that i hope i don't work with and has no consideration of fellow suffering union brothers and sisters.

Ultimately, if we force the deal back to the table with ford, this deal could get worse.. thats another consideration many people don't seem to realize.

Good points and "well said". It sucks that we're not getting back our six minutes per hour break, but it's a fucking serious ass pipe dream to think we're going to get COLA back, ever. GM didn't get back, Chrysler ain't going to get back, and the transplants never paid COLA, so why in Hell would Ford agree to add fixed costs by giving back COLA, or even annual raises. I count myself lucky to have a job, even luckier that Ford had the sense (and maybe good fucking timing and luck) to mortgage everything before Wall Street and the credit markets tanked, and Ford AND the IUAW membership at Ford has built up some serious ass good will with the car buyers.

Want to piss all that good will away and send the car buyers back to ToyWagon & Company? Go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no". You want to give the union haters, and the Big Three haters, even more ammunition to bad mouth us, and tell everyone they ain't buying any union-made car or truck? Go ahead, then, be an asshat, and vote "no". You want to piss off members of other unions, who have taken concessions on top of concessions, on top of fucking concessions, for YEARS before we did, then whine because we ain't getting them back? Go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no".

You want to whine about not getting a raise in years, while we still have neighbors out of work, or people like my missus who hasn't had a raise in twelve years, and had two paycuts in the last seven years, then go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no".

I'm grateful for what I got. I'm grateful that some jobs are coming back from Mexico and Japan. I'm voting "yes". Deal with it.

• Like 1

Just as you'd have to be f*cked-up or brain dead to vote yes with more than a little confidence in it's follow-through. "Screw my brother, I'M getting a new product and I'M going to be getting O.T. and job security." I didn't make that up in a fantasy world. It's your brother and sister in those plants with assured products, new hires getting raises, and short-time employees with so little time with the company or so young, 40+ year folks planning on bailing out on the repercussions after they cash a check for $100,000.00, that even if the feces hit the rotary air circulator, they would be no worse off by accepting the deal for the signing and profit-sharing "carrots".

I'd vote NO, but I cannot foresee the UAW/Ford team offering anything significantly different if we did. It is what it is. THIS is not October 2009. This is not surrendering our right to strike. This is a stinking, smelly, rotten, putrid, back-handed, slippery language compromise. I have no faith we would ever be offered anything that was not.

BTW, never forget "commitments" of new products, is nothing but smoke up your ass. FORD never upheld the commitments in the 2007 contract, or re-commitments in 2009, with an offer to re-re-commit in October 2009, for new product at no less than one plant. So be careful assigning too much faith to a contractual "commitment". I may vote yes with my personal reservations, but I will NEVER take the contractual language on faith!!!!!! I've been burned by it before as hundreds of others have as well.

It sucks bongo balls that we're not getting back our six minutes per hour break, but it's a serious ass pipe dream to think we're going to get COLA back, ever. GM didn't get back, Chrysler ain't going to get back, and the transplants never paid COLA, so why in Hell would Ford agree to add fixed costs by giving back COLA, or even annual raises. I count myself lucky to have a job, even luckier that Ford had the sense (and maybe good fucking timing and luck) to mortgage everything before Wall Street and the credit markets tanked, and Ford AND the IUAW membership at Ford has built up some serious ass good will with the car buyers.

Want to piss all that good will away and send the car buyers back to ToyWagon & Company? Go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no". You want to give the union haters, and the Big Three haters, even more ammunition to bad mouth us, and tell everyone they ain't buying any union-made car or truck? Go ahead, then, be an asshat, and vote "no". You want to piss off members of other unions, who have taken concessions on top of concessions, on top of fucking concessions, for YEARS before we did, then whine because we ain't getting them back? Go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no".

You want to whine about not getting a raise in years, while we still have neighbors out of work, or people like my missus who hasn't had a raise in twelve years, and had two paycuts in the last seven years, then go ahead, be an asshat, and vote "no".

I'm grateful for what I got. I'm grateful that some jobs are coming back from Mexico and Japan. Do i believe in the numbers? Hard to say - all jobs numbers are dependent on market conditions. Can the UAW/Ford team negotiate a better deal? When Ford already pays more per hour than GM and Chrysler, and the transplants? I doubt it.

I'll repeat what I already posted: I'm voting "yes". Those opposed - Deal with it and get over it. 'Cause it ain't gonna get any better until car/truck sales go north of 14 million a year.

• Like 1

Not one reason? I am looking at the highlights. You get work from JAPAN, two new applications of the 6F-mid to be insourced and a total investment of $220 million.

Wow, you cans skim the highlights without knowing the true facts. That is all from the previous contract. Work that is already here. Nothing new! What about the impending doom of the FN transmission? What is replacing that? The mexican built powershift transmission.....Voting NO. There is nothing but bad in it for me.

• Like 1

El norte? Do you work at the Fusion plant? hows the weather down there in Mexico you greasy fuck. So because I am from Kentucky I should be a grateful little hick and be glad I have a job, huh? You can go fuck yourself with your mama's tamale. And for the record, there are not 3 i's in "imbecile" tacotucky. You go and vote yes if you wish, wait a minute, don't you have to be a US citizen to vote?

That's some good shit! No latino.... Lots of Irish though, and living here in Michigan. Your rants are ignorant. You sound pretty much 'postal' to me, and am thankful I don't have to work next to a tool like you! Good luck with all that hate as well.

That's some good shit! No latino.... Lots of Irish though, and living here in Michigan. Your rants are ignorant. You sound pretty much 'postal' to me, and am thankful I don't have to work next to a tool like you! Good luck with all that hate as well.

bottom line is that this deal sucks balls-------IM VOTING NO!

bottom line is that this deal sucks balls-------IM VOTING NO!

Bottom line is that Ford isn't going to tolerate increasing labor costs when they're already higher than GM & way higher than Chrysler, not to mention higher than the transplants. Apparently you think the good will Ford enjoys among car buyers and investors takes a back seat to your desire to turn the clock back to when everyone hated us, Ford & IUAW membership alike.

Now that I've had time to read the lowlights, I have to be a "no" vote.

It is a scary thought sending this stinker back to the table with the submissive group we have bargaining for us, but I'll take my chances. :sos:

And what makes you think it's going to come back any better? And if it does, how better? A cunt hair, not enough to satisfy any "no" voters, but enough to piss off the powers that be on Wall Street and get Ford's credit rating frozen as is, while GM's got improved after they took it in the ass on this contract - yea, ours sucks only marginally less, but it beats the hell out of the alternative, which is people buying more cars from the transplants, and people badmouthing Ford stocks and bonds? No thanks. I'll take some jobs coming back, the Tier Two employees getting a boost and some more profit sharing. Beats the alternative by a long shot.

• Like 1

And what makes you think it's going to come back any better? And if it does, how better? A cunt hair, not enough to satisfy any "no" voters, but enough to piss off the powers that be on Wall Street and get Ford's credit rating frozen as is, while GM's got improved after they took it in the ass on this contract - yea, ours sucks only marginally less, but it beats the hell out of the alternative, which is people buying more cars from the transplants, and people badmouthing Ford stocks and bonds? No thanks. I'll take some jobs coming back, the Tier Two employees getting a boost and some more profit sharing. Beats the alternative by a long shot.

Big time

• Like 1

You either have to be fucked up or brain dead to vote NO on this contract. This brings jobs and products to most of our plants. Gives us a good chunk of change, helps out Entry Level. Shit, everything you fuckers complained about is in this agreement. I'm voting YES and I am sure my plant will pass it by a LARGE MARGIN.

Weren't many of the new product announcements and investments already promised in the last contract or modifications to the contract?

OHAP

KCAP

MAP

LAP

CAP

More to the point, the OctoMods failed so new commitments are moot. But those plants listed were offered "Re-Re-Commitments" for product. THOSE commitments not fulfilled by September 2011 are essentially failed for being unfulfilled and should have been grieved if the union had done it's job. But they wanted to avoid rocking the boat before the 2011 negotiations.

Promising to give us the same thing in this new contract is deceitful. And it is NOT NEW WORK.

Off the top of my head, Louisville Assembly. They are nearly completely retooled. How can you count that as a gain in the proposed new contract?

Im a no vote on this one, and not so much on the signing bonus. I thought the VEBA was good for 80 years? what the hell happened?

I thought Bob said that the grievance had to be settled first? No mention of it!!!! What happened to all the other promises that was made? I fell like we the middle class union members going getting a shaft you know where. We must do the right thing here.