DTP Leadership support tentative agreement

dragster

Word is DTP chairman, Nick Katalis, told the Region 1 and 1A leadership he supported the contract along with two other bargaining reps. The word has spread far and wide since it was said earlier today in Detroit.

Edited by dragster
  • Like 3

Word is DTP chairman, Nick Katalis, told the Region 1 and 1A leadership he supported the contract along with two other bargaining reps. The word has spread far and wide since it was said earlier today in Detroit.

He is protecting his low seniority people in the plant. If this agreement is voted down all of the high seniority at DDMP, DSP, DEP will all bump into DTP.

He knows that job security is paramount. I am voting yes even though I am at DTP with a good future. I am voting yes for the rest of my UAW sisters and brothers that will benefit as I have with the investment of good job security.

• Like 1

He is protecting his low seniority people in the plant. If this agreement is voted down all of the high seniority at DDMP, DSP, DEP will all bump into DTP.

He knows that job security is paramount. I am voting yes even though I am at DTP with a good future. I am voting yes for the rest of my UAW sisters and brothers that will benefit as I have with the investment of good job security.

DTP is going to two shifts as soon as KCAP gets their second shift up and running . Sorry, no over time after 8 hours . There will be a flood of workers leaving rouge reguardless if this contract passes or not . No need for 5 shifts of truck production, because we don't sell a million F150s anymore .

DTP is going to two shifts as soon as KCAP gets their second shift up and running . Sorry, no over time after 8 hours . There will be a flood of workers leaving rouge reguardless if this contract passes or not . No need for 5 shifts of truck production, because we don't sell a million F150s anymore .

Dont you have a better rumor than that? This is the 5th time I have heard that one in 2 years. DTP is a 3 shift facility as proven.

Please understand, Nick Kottalis and Gary Walkowicz are not the only Chairman and Bargaining Rep in Dearborn. They are in the Assembly Unit of DTP. Ok do we now understand this? There are a ton of Units at the Rouge site, all of them have standing committees. I’m apart of Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop but also known as DTP.

We have asked our IUAW Leadership to obtain work, get our brothers and sisters back to a job and they did just that. Not only did they obtain work, they collectively negotiated work to be returned from Mexico, China and Europe. How is this not all over this sight?

I’ve read the contract. I like what I see and I’m not going to turn my back on my fellow brother and say “sorry you’re out of a job” but I need a 10k signing bonus. I know that some of you have different priorities, my first and foremost priority is jobs. My second priority is the want to have product brought back to the United States. These in my opinion are most crucial for any Union, plus the fact that they are both the hardest to obtain. Our IUAW Negotiating team has obtained both.

1. We will gain 1200 jobs

2. We will gain products returned to the U.S.

3. We will maintain what we currently have for pay rates (some may change slightly) and trust me many people were worried of losing more.

4. We will gain 6k in signing bonus,

5. We will gain $1,500 June lump sums for inflation (Just another word COLA) and if you do the math on that, its aprox .78 cents an hour (based on 48 weeks at 40 hours) but let me add, its guaranteed unlike COLA.

6.We will gain the 3rd RDO day paid as double time for AWS schedules, regardless if you work the first two.

7. We will gain Bereavement before and after the day in need.

8. We will gain the return of pay in lieu.

9. We will gain a much needed revised formula for profit sharing.

10. We will gain the return of our 2 family days.

11. We will gain $250 at Christmas this year and up to $250 each year after.

12. We will gain our SUB credits replenished.

13. We will gain unlimited $20 dollar office visits.

14. We will gain an increase in the 2nd tier wages.

15. We will no longer have time limits for SUB benefits denied for failing to apply on time if unemployment is paid.

16. We will also gain another round of buy outs at the price of $100k and $50k.

So when some of you come on here and state that we got nothing, or not enough. I refer you to 1 and 2 listed above. As soon as possible could you please post up the cost of just these two huge gains?

Take the time to read your tentative contract, ask questions and stand on your own merit.

I stand in support of this contract, and I will always stand in support of jobs.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

“The highest gain ever to be obtained by any Union Official, Union Representative and or Union Activist is a Job for a fellow Brother in need”

• Like 5

Please understand, Nick Kottalis and Gary Walkowicz are not the only Chairman and Bargaining Rep in Dearborn. They are in the Assembly Unit of DTP. Ok do we now understand this? There are a ton of Units at the Rouge site, all of them have standing committees. I'm apart of Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop but also known as DTP.

We have asked our IUAW Leadership to obtain work, get our brothers and sisters back to a job and they did just that. Not only did they obtain work, they collectively negotiated work to be returned from Mexico, China and Europe. How is this not all over this sight?

I've read the contract. I like what I see and I'm not going to turn my back on my fellow brother and say "sorry you're out of a job" but I need a 10k signing bonus. I know that some of you have different priorities, my first and foremost priority is jobs. My second priority is the want to have product brought back to the United States. These in my opinion are most crucial for any Union, plus the fact that they are both the hardest to obtain. Our IUAW Negotiating team has obtained both.

3. We will maintain what we currently have for pay rates (some may change slightly) and trust me many people were worried of losing more.

5. We will gain $1,500 June lump sums for inflation (Just another word COLA) and if you do the math on that, its aprox .78 cents an hour (based on 48 weeks at 40 hours) but let me add, its guaranteed unlike COLA.

6.We will gain the 3rd RDO day paid as double time for AWS schedules, regardless if you work the first two.

15. We will no longer have time limits for SUB benefits denied for failing to apply on time if unemployment is paid.

So when some of you come on here and state that we got nothing, or not enough. I refer you to 1 and 2 listed above. As soon as possible could you please post up the cost of just these two huge gains?

Take the time to read your tentative contract, ask questions and stand on your own merit.

I stand in support of this contract, and I will always stand in support of jobs.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

"The highest gain ever to be obtained by any Union Official, Union Representative and or Union Activist is a Job for a fellow Brother in need"

ok tell me what did they do for the skilled trades... that do not have production time ,,,,????????????/ what i am reading ...they can go to the line if a plants wants to put them on or hire a new person ..[ it is there option ].. that is not job securty in my book

Why is it the company gearing up for 5 shifts of production then O'wiseone.

Please understand, Nick Kottalis and Gary Walkowicz are not the only Chairman and Bargaining Rep in Dearborn. They are in the Assembly Unit of DTP. Ok do we now understand this? There are a ton of Units at the Rouge site, all of them have standing committees. I’m apart of Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop but also known as DTP.

I’ve read the contract. I like what I see and I’m not going to turn my back on my fellow brother and say “sorry you’re out of a job” but I need a 10k signing bonus. I know that some of you have different priorities, my first and foremost priority is jobs. My second priority is the want to have product brought back to the United States. These in my opinion are most crucial for any Union, plus the fact that they are both the hardest to obtain. Our IUAW Negotiating team has obtained both.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

“The highest gain ever to be obtained by any Union Official, Union Representative and or Union Activist is a Job for a fellow Brother in need”

Thanks Jeff. We appreciate this at the Rouge. And it is very interesting since we all know most of the negativity was coming from DTP. So for Katalis to step up and support it is a good thing.

• Like 2

If you go to page 208C, you will see that the header states Special Incentive for Skilled Trades Employees Who Voluntarily Elect to Redeploy to Production Jobs

Under this language, if you had no former production time and you opted to sell your card for $50k and go to production you would have entry date seniority. Just as production workers would have entry date seniority, be it they took the Apprenticeship test and obtained their Journeymans card.

But I do believe that the IUAW set up a program that allowed our tradesmen to work in production starting back in 2007 in lieu of being out on SUB credit and running out of pay. If Im not mistaken, that was a great accomplishment considering the alternative.

Hope this helped

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 1

If you go to page 208C, you will see that the header states “Special Incentive for Skilled Trades Employees Who Voluntarily Elect to Redeploy to Production Jobs”

Under this language, if you had no former production time and you opted to sell your card for $50k and go to production you would have entry date seniority. Just as production workers would have entry date seniority, be it they took the Apprenticeship test and obtained their Journeyman’s card.

But I do believe that the IUAW set up a program that allowed our tradesmen to work in production starting back in 2007 in lieu of being out on SUB credit and running out of pay. If I’m not mistaken, that was a great accomplishment considering the alternative.

Hope this helped

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

JEFF IT SAY'S IF YOUR QUALIFIED YOU CAN go to the line AND TAKE 50 GS not to sure if we will be able to do that move .. i really would like to know for sure on that

The "big" book doesn’t really say “Qualify”.

But it does state that additional limitations, by Company location and/or trade, on the number of tradespersons permitted to accept the Special Redeploy to Production (SRTP) may be required, based on operational needs.

I would venture to say that this was safety net that the Company had to have. Because they would not be able to allow every tradesperson of any one SOG opt for this at the same time. But I also don’t really see that happening anyway, but you never know.

Hope this helped

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

• Like 1

The "big" book doesn’t really say “Qualify”.

But it does state that additional limitations, by Company location and/or trade, on the number of tradespersons permitted to accept the Special Redeploy to Production (SRTP) may be required, based on operational needs.

I would venture to say that this was safety net that the Company had to have. Because they would not be able to allow every tradesperson of any one SOG opt for this at the same time. But I also don’t really see that happening anyway, but you never know.

Hope this helped

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

The only tradesmens that would take the 50k, is one that see's he will never get back to there tools. With this contract that is more likely then ever. The mechanical teams push will gut the trades. If the company wants mechanical teams. Put all trades back to work and reduce numbers as they retire. Then we will give you mechanical teams. The least we thought they would get was trade wage when reduced to production. This contract is the worst thing that could have haeppened to trades. The only one that would make out is someone that was retiring anyway. 100,000 is a nice going away present. But there is no language saying they will back fill.

• Like 1

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

What you have lost:

Jobs,

when product demand goes out the window and with that your so called 1200 jobs, not added Jeff, remember that $100,000 will be enticing to those that can leave near retirement. If 1200 leave, no new jobs created. Some jobs will be brought back first from layoff. Thousands have left, so if u are right about 1200 added at $15 hr.all I can say is "seriously, how kind of them" ?? Really? Only product drives Job Security period!!

A raise since 2003.

Respect from the leaders

Most of your hourly workforce is absolutely blessed that they have a job, no doubt about it, but when it came time and the Ford Motor Company said to their workforce, we need to give up a little in order to keep the company going, that is what was done, period! Only weeks later to give salaried back what they had lost, during what they said was an "absolute time of crisis" is just crazy. Bonuses to the top were huge on the backs of the hard working U.A.W. people period. It is no different then asking the hourly workers to cut their current wages in order to give the salaried a raise!! It is an absolute sell out to your loyal veteran workforce who work hard, spread the word to family and friends to buy the cars they build, take pride in what they build or do for the company they work for. If the company really needed to "stay competitive" they would keep the employees they have and not hire anyone. Again, the union fights a good battle for health care, I give them that and some of the returns are what we had before just another word being used in its place. IMHO, they have lost the battle for their full waged membership but even this will not bother them, because their will be a time when there are lower seniority people buying into the "job security" deal which again PRODUCT drives job security, not a union promise. That is as good as another opened contract in another two years. I'm surprised that you don't give more credit to the hard working veterans of the company while you stare at the millions of dollars the top is making.

This is good news. We usually only hear bad stuff coming out of DTP.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

I nominate Jeff Hodges for IUAW President 2014 !!!!!!

Great job Mr Hodges................ You understand that the IUAW has the ultimate responsibility of protecting 42,000 UAW Ford workers.

This still holds true in this agreement

Hello , are u one of the people with their photo on the highlight book?

New member spinmaster.

I nominate Jeff Hodges for IUAW President 2014 !!!!!!

Great job Mr Hodges................ You understand that the IUAW has the ultimate responsibility of protecting 42,000 UAW Ford workers.

This still holds true in this agreement

Good job Jeff

Thanks for helping Nick understand the importance of jobs and investment. Nick supports this agreement as we have spoken with each other about it and he understands that this needs to get ratified for our futures. Not just the Rouge but all Ford facilities

Thanks again

• Like 1