Team Leaders get $3,000 raise immediately

MANDINGO

Go to your contract summary to page 18 and look up the heading " Reduced ratio means more team leaders, jobs". Our Union and Management feel the only ones who deserves a raise are the LTS and Team Leaders. That means both skill trades and production employees are expendable. Most not all Team or Group leaders work for management. At my plant there are very, very, very few who attend our union meetings. Be careful what you share at your union meetings as the number of snitces continue to grow. Calculation: 40hrs x 52 weeks = 2,080 yearly hours / $2,080 x $1.50 = $3,120.00

Edited by MANDINGO
  • Like 4

Go to your contract summary to page 18 and look up the heading " Reduced ratio means more team leaders, jobs". Our Union and Management feel the only ones who deserves a raise are the LTS and Team Leaders. That means both skill trades and production employees are expendable. Most not all Team or Group leaders work for management. At my plant there are very, very, very few who attend our union meetings. Be careful what you share at your union meetings as the number of snitces continue to grow. Calculation: 40hrs x 52 weeks = 2,080 yearly hours / $2,080 x $1.50 = $3,120.00

Team Leaders will have more responsibility you dipshit. This has been a proposal for a long time. Thank God they finally got it.

• Like 5

Team Leaders will have more responsibility you dipshit. This has been a proposal for a long time. Thank God they finally got it.

Team Leaders are company supervisors. Production workers do the work. Team Leaders seldom attend union meetings and constantly talk down the union. This may or may not be happening at your plant but i have been to several plants and what i see is union busting at it's best.

• Like 6

Team leaders at DTP are dirt bag rats.

I personally know a union committee person that attended a team leader meeting back in Jan around the 20th and he said they were all told to let management know who on the lines was causing problems or not pulling their weight or working so they can take care of it. They were all laughing in the meeting and joking about people getting the boot.

These people are willing to turn in a union brother/sister for a few more duckets is a shame. The union has admitted to me several times to my face that the team leader program is a real problem and should be done away with.

I remember at SRP we had line setup people and they were in charge of starting up the line, tooling and letting the supervisor know who is absent that's it. Now you got team leaders trying to place people on jobs that people don't feel they should do or they are rating workers out to make themselves look like suck asses.

Team leaders or setups, should have a minimum amount of responsibility and NO POWER.... These fuck twats are getting workers time off because they are a mouth piece for managers/supervisors acting like witnesses for disciplinary purposes to benefit management.

Had a team leader on C-crew I was told got one guy balance of shift and 3 days of for something stupid...WTF!!!!

• Like 3

That is only if your Local or in the case of the Rouge your Unit agrees to implement it and everything that is included with it. With that Team leaders will not be responsible for rest room relief, so unless they plan on bringing back the utility classification why would any local/unit agree to it ?

• Like 3

Team leaders at DTP are dirt bag rats.

I personally know a union committee person that attended a team leader meeting back in Jan around the 20th and he said they were all told to let management know who on the lines was causing problems or not pulling their weight or working so they can take care of it. They were all laughing in the meeting and joking about people getting the boot.

These people are willing to turn in a union brother/sister for a few more duckets is a shame. The union has admitted to me several times to my face that the team leader program is a real problem and should be done away with.

I remember at SRP we had line setup people and they were in charge of starting up the line, tooling and letting the supervisor know who is absent that's it. Now you got team leaders trying to place people on jobs that people don't feel they should do or they are rating workers out to make themselves look like suck asses.

Team leaders or setups, should have a minimum amount of responsibility and NO POWER.... These fuck twats are getting workers time off because they are a mouth piece for managers/supervisors acting like witnesses for disciplinary purposes to benefit management.

It's hard to take anything seriously from someone who can't even spell their make of vehicle correctly. C'mon!

It's hard to take anything seriously from someone who can't even spell their make of vehicle correctly. C'mon!

The union in each plant should make team leaders a bid job and go back to upgraders that way you get the seniority in and all the asskissing and wanna be bosses are out. It's doable...just ask Steve Stone at LAP...they aren't going to team leaders rather bid the "upgrader" jobs to the highest seniority...everyone should follow suit...especially KTP...if your leaders have any balls.

• Like 3

The Team Leader topic in the tentative contract is not a forced issue. Each building committee will have the chance to review it, and then chose to accept it or not. It also doesnt guarantee that the current team leaders will be the ones that get the positions.

At Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop, we will look at the language and see if it fits our membership needs. If it does, we will go for it. If not, then we wont accept it. So please dont let this sway your decision when casting your vote for the contract. Your Bargaining team will make sure its the right thing for the membership, per your submitted local contract resolutions.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 1

Team leaders are just a part of management, I've watch them rat out a union brother & sister in a second...So sad.

Yeah they'll ray u out in a heartbeat but do the EXACT same thing they told management about and it's cool for them. Plus most not all are the laziest pieces of crap I've ever seen it's really sad. They are suppose to lead by example. Plus we need to be able to vote their asses out so they will actually do their jobs. If any normal production worker chose to do only half their job everyday that wouldn't fly and it shouldn't w/ teamleaders either!!!!!

• Like 2

yes they will ,supervisor,job repairer,stock calling ,lite maintenance work ,keep list of downtime and other Qls paperwork and every non teamleader letting the line stop and every maintenance working ignoring is plea for help is it work the pay when u can become just one of them ,not all them become you ,I know teamleader that gave up their job too big of headache ,now its going get worse ,1 screw up ,we would not back you if you bride us ,any time I can help I will not ,you will repairing more jobs because its not my job to tell u somethings wrong ,its all on you ,you will be lucky to have friends,other groupleaders and a few bosses ,because alot of bosses will be let go ,so salary beware when you are training that groupleader mite be doing your job in the future.Some plants paid the workers too all for 1.50 to your base wage of 28 dollars.Good luck and watch your friends disappear.

Last year, Ford posted a $6.6 billion profit, and GM posted $4.7 billion; Chrysler has posted profits of $116 million so far in 2011. In the meantime, the executives have rewarded themselves handsomely. Even with bankruptcy related caps, GM’s CEO was paid $9 million, and Ford’s made $26.5 million, including $9 million just in bonuses! Ford’s was so excessive that UAW President Bob King felt compelled to call it out as “morally wrong.” The companies, however, don’t care about morality. They aim to take advantage of the UAW’s new, “non-adversarial” approach, to ignore the membership’s needs. While management and the Union leadership talk about rewarding workers, all they have in mind is “profit sharing,” “gain sharing,” and “signing bonuses.” These “gifts” will come from the $7,000 to $30,000 that every worker already gave up since 2005. They are nothing more than bribes to win ratification of new agreements that will effectively freeze wages at their current depressed levels. This is unacceptable!

• Like 2

Sometimes the guy with high seniority is worthless.but alot of time the guy with the less time is more dangerous he wants numbers per hour and does care if the care has a flat tire,and does not even know it .

Last year, Ford posted a $6.6 billion profit, and GM posted $4.7 billion; Chrysler has posted profits of $116 million so far in 2011. In the meantime, the executives have rewarded themselves handsomely. Even with bankruptcy related caps, GM’s CEO was paid $9 million, and Ford’s made $26.5 million, including $9 million just in bonuses! Ford’s was so excessive that UAW President Bob King felt compelled to call it out as “morally wrong.” The companies, however, don’t care about morality. They aim to take advantage of the UAW’s new, “non-adversarial” approach, to ignore the membership’s needs. While management and the Union leadership talk about rewarding workers, all they have in mind is “profit sharing,” “gain sharing,” and “signing bonuses.” These “gifts” will come from the $7,000 to $30,000 that every worker already gave up since 2005. They are nothing more than bribes to win ratification of new agreements that will effectively freeze wages at their current depressed levels. This is unacceptable!

• Like 1

Chucky can't spell!! I am bride of Chucky don't need to know how to spell just dress sexy and I get what I want.

Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

• Like 3

Chucky can't spell!! but he can remember!!!!!!!

Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

• Like 1

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

• Like 1

and a alot of people that would not help him do good job and get him throw out of the union when he starts to paid worker or keep track ,whos late and etc...........

Had a team leader on C-crew I was told got one guy balance of shift and 3 days of for something stupid...WTF!!!!

You would be 100% correct. But I'm sure it happens on all shifts. I personally know that when people become team leaders or even fill in for a day the "power" goes to their head. They ARE NOT your boss & if they try & tell you to do something you don't like go to your supervisor and talk to them about it. Cuz they'll say one thing to your face and another to your supervisor.

• Like 1

I do not agree with the raise. If giving up the money would bring 10mins of break time back to a 10hrs work day then shame on the IUAW. The IUAW should of used it towards VEBA. The company knows this raise will divided those Team Leaders (Group Leaders in our plant) and the line workers and their laughing about this. DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH THE RAISE IUAW.

This is why I will vote NO!! NO NO NO!! :lastyear: :busted:

• Like 2

Smart bet is to set up Team leaders in the plant the same way AAI does...they are VOTED in by the teams...if they don't do the job for the members, they are gone the following year. Term is one year, and must be voted back in each year to continue being team leader. After 3 plants, AAI has it right in this respect, as in so many other areas of local negotiations. The vast majority of Team Leaders at AAI are hard working folks that do whatever it takes to keep the line moving, repair vehicles, and take care of the members.

This system eliminates company suckasses from being team leaders.

DTP has the WORST team leaders I have seen anywhere.

• Like 1

The Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop Committee is very serious about its membership resolutions, and we hear you loud and clear.

Any system we chose to adapt into a membership Local tentative agreement will have to align with the membership's needs. If we chose to run with the National Program for selection and de-selection, then it also will have to meet the membership needs.

Please understand that AAI is not the only plant that choses its Team Leaders by vote. The selection process currently at DTP Assembly, DTP Body and Dearborn Stamping is dated and pretty much the last of its kind. Its time to bring our buildings into todays age and into a Union process. This must be said also, not all Team Leaders are bad union brothers and sisters.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 3

Team leaders deserve it because they go above and beyond the call of duty. They do a hell of a job! So stop your bitching because you are a piece of crap worker that will never be allowed to be a team leader. Im all for this raise. Your work ethics determine if you are qualified to be a team leader. MAybe if you showed up more for work and stop abusing the medical system than yu would be afforded the opportunity to be an elected team leader. Dont hate congratulate!

• Like 1