Beginning of the end!

Bigcountry

When this passes, it will be the beginning of the end! Its not about the money...its about them under mining us! Once they get they're 2 tier people in place over the next 4 years......next contract is when Alan and his crew will drop the hammer on us! So all this bonus money(that yall think is just wonderful) we'll be gettin... better save it to make up the difference in ur paycheck/benefits we'll be losing next contract!

I VOTED NO AND PROUD OF IT!

• Like 4

The end of what,having a good secure job with great benefits?Do you think that Mulally and Ford jr. will invest 6 billions dollars into North American Manufacturing if they are saddled with a UAW Labor agreement that makes them non-competitive with the other vehicle manufacturers?If you do vote No on the contract.A billion is just too hard to come by in my opinion.Let the company invest let the UAW add members and sit back and collect profit sharing for the next 4 years.

• Like 4

When this passes, it will be the beginning of the end! Its not about the money...its about them under mining us! Once they get they're 2 tier people in place over the next 4 years......next contract is when Alan and his crew will drop the hammer on us! So all this bonus money(that yall think is just wonderful) we'll be gettin... better save it to make up the difference in ur paycheck/benefits we'll be losing next contract!

Actually I plan on investing in Ford stock, which im sure will sky rocket after this contract is approved, Voted YES and proud of it.

• Like 3

I agree but people are either blind to or falling for all the scare tactic the IUAW have been using sorry but the six grand is an insult and the permanent loss of cola and breaktime are unacceptable.

• Like 2

I get to vote tomorrow... and I'm very very torn over this contract...

I don't see how going on strike will benefit us all that much. A week of lost pay or more, to gain what? What can we possibly gain that Ford would agree with, since the precedent was set with GM (and passed). Ford would do nothing but claim we are putting them at a competitive disadvantage.

On the other side, the whole 2 tier system is an insult to the American middle class. EVERYTHING in the '09 modifications is an insult... The entire situation feels like a race to the bottom with wages...

We can send them back, but what could we possibly gain by going on strike if this is the best they think they can get us?

We can send them back, but what could we possibly gain by going on strike if this is the best they think they can get us?

A probable scenario is the company can claim that we are the highest paid autoworkers in America. They will claim they bargained in good faith. They will lock us out and starve us for months until we bust down and agree to their terms.

A no vote will strip us of our rich contract

Vote how you must but right now the UAW is in control---- The company is looking forward to a showdown on a no vote, they will have the public, media and leverage to wipe away the good points of this agreement, and we end up with much less than what is currently on the table begging to return to work

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

I don't see how going on strike will benefit us all that much. A week of lost pay or more, to gain what? What can we possibly gain that Ford would agree with, since the precedent was set with GM (and passed). Ford would do nothing but claim we are putting them at a competitive disadvantage.

On the other side, the whole 2 tier system is an insult to the American middle class. EVERYTHING in the '09 modifications is an insult... The entire situation feels like a race to the bottom with wages...

maybe this will you ford is the one that negotiate this package not the reps ford wanted to give us more but was turned down because it wasnt right that GM and Chrysler wasnt getting anything,thats not our fault that they took the government money( this was heard thru the grapevine) but if this is true what right does the union have taking it away

When this passes, IT WILL BE A GOOD DAY!...it's not about the money...it's about them ADDING UAW JOBS AND BRINGING PRODUCT TO THE USA! Once they get their two tier people in place over the next 4 years...next contract is when Alan and his crew will HAVE TO REWARD US FOR MAKING FORD MORE PROFITABLE AND ERASING THEIR DEBT TOTALLY! So all this bonus money that we all think is wonderful SPEND OR SAVE IT WISELY, BECAUSE WE ALL EARNED IT! And everybody look forward to four more years of quality workmanship that is gaining us market share and public support!

I VOTED YES AND PROUD OF IT!

• Like 1

When this passes, IT WILL BE A GOOD DAY!...it's not about the money...it's about them ADDING UAW JOBS AND BRINGING PRODUCT TO THE USA! Once they get their two tier people in place over the next 4 years...next contract is when Alan and his crew will HAVE TO REWARD US FOR MAKING FORD MORE PROFITABLE AND ERASING THEIR DEBT TOTALLY! So all this bonus money that we all think is wonderful SPEND OR SAVE IT WISELY, BECAUSE WE ALL EARNED IT! And everybody look forward to four more years of quality workmanship that is gaining us market share and public support!

I VOTED YES AND PROUD OF IT!

It's always about the $ Glass! Fords offer is much more generous than the other two this round and dont think next contract they will have forgotten! More jobs, blah,blah,blah will be determined by the economy because soon as the industry starts heading south azz's will be out the door followed by closures. Fords not our friend nor are these ball washers who piss away Union funds on golf resorts,vac,ball buffers,etc....Here is the bottom line, 40k dues paying members ..thats it. Power in numbers is out the window. This contract is as good as it gets so please....use the education benefit, start saving, downsize but be aware that the company is the one building up the momentum not the union. I'm sorry but thats how I see it ! Lap collected 20k applications in 3 days..I bet Mi, could collect twice that amount if needed in 2. Settles & King are a joke and those asshats need to go.

• Like 1

The bonus money is all smoke and mirrors to what they have planned for the next contract. I would gladly give up all the cash they are giving us, to change back parts of the contract they changed that is taking away job security. Quit complaining about the money, look at the real facts in the contract. They are pushing money in your face, to change to much in the contract, and its scary. Next contract, there will be no two tier,just the one tier at $20 an hour. it will be voted in next contract, by the 51% of second tier that will be voting then. Total votes is all that is needed to change a contract, and your union is selling you out for more people paying dues.

• Like 1

The bonus money is all smoke and mirrors to what they have planned for the next contract. I would gladly give up all the cash they are giving us, to change back parts of the contract they changed that is taking away job security. Quit complaining about the money, look at the real facts in the contract. They are pushing money in your face, to change to much in the contract, and its scary. Next contract, there will be no two tier,just the one tier at $20 an hour. it will be voted in next contract, by the 51% of second tier that will be voting then. Total votes is all that is needed to change a contract, and your union is selling you out for more people paying dues.

I am pretty sure Ford still has a cap on entry level employees. Even if they do not, do you really think they will more than double the workforce to give entry level the majority in the next 4 years? Cmon man...

I am pretty sure Ford still has a cap on entry level employees. Even if they do not, do you really think they will more than double the workforce to give entry level the majority in the next 4 years? Cmon man...

only cap is at a few plants, sterling, rawsonville, kentucky, and i believe all the ACH's can be 100%, so the 20% mark at a few plants, along with the 100% mark at alot of plants, will put us over the 51% mark by next contract. Read Read Read the contract your voting on!!!!!! Highlights are BS!!!! They just posted for 5000 jobs in kentucky at second tier, and they had a line of 17,000 people applying, its coming, mark my words.

If the no voters were all together fighting for job security, and not conforming to the entitlement spoiled workers that the media likes to show, ford would have a different stance about going back to the table, but no, everyone wants a bonus now, and no matter how much they give, its not enough for them, so we are gonna lose again, either way, yes or no vote.....

• Like 1

only cap is at a few plants, sterling, rawsonville, kentucky, and i believe all the ACH's can be 100%, so the 20% mark at a few plants, along with the 100% mark at alot of plants, will put us over the 51% mark by next contract. Read Read Read the contract your voting on!!!!!! Highlights are BS!!!! They just posted for 5000 jobs in kentucky at second tier, and they had a line of 17,000 people applying, its coming, mark my words.

If the no voters were all together fighting for job security, and not conforming to the entitlement spoiled workers that the media likes to show, ford would have a different stance about going back to the table, but no, everyone wants a bonus now, and no matter how much they give, its not enough for them, so we are gonna lose again, either way, yes or no vote.....

Yes it is true for Sterling and Rawsonville but for Kentucky it is not. They had applicants for that plant because there were not enough volunteers from other Ford plants that wanted to go. They did the same at CAP. ACH will all be sold or closed soon so that wont matter. What will matter for ACH though is finding homes for the Ford employees that work there. With the investments in this contract, especially the added shifts at AAI and MAP, those workers will find a home. Plus I hear DTP is always hiring.

It's not 20% per plant....It's 20% company wide.

OMG,are you serious? If they have no cap,why wouldnt they bring in as many as they could at 14 hr? Hello. Thats what they want to do is push us all out and bring them in at that kind of money. Mulally is a snake. Watch out because thats what their plan is. You will see

Ford is bringing that work back regardless if the contract passes or not. They are getting millions in tax breaks and millions giving to them for retooling and bringing jobs here. Problems in Mexico with the drug cartels and drug wars,China strong arming them,the value of our dollar is shit so its cheaper to build here.

A probable scenario is the company can claim that we are the highest paid autoworkers in America. They will claim they bargained in good faith. They will lock us out and starve us for months until we bust down and agree to their terms.

A no vote will strip us of our rich contract

Vote how you must but right now the UAW is in control---- The company is looking forward to a showdown on a no vote, they will have the public, media and leverage to wipe away the good points of this agreement, and we end up with much less than what is currently on the table begging to return to work

They bargained in good faith. Great. We bargained in good faith when we agreed to the concession agreement in which Ford said concessions were only suspended for the remainder of the contract. So the good faith bargainers can start by honoring the last agreement that said our concessions were only suspended for the remainder of the contract and go from there.

• Like 1