Ford CEO Alan Mulally fires UAW officials

itsmeuaw

by I.M. Satire

ABS News Service, October 13, 2011

Ford CEO Alan Mulally called a news conference at 5 o’clock this afternoon and

announced that he was terminating the services of UAW president Bob King and UAW

vice president Jimmy Settles.

“We pay these people to manage workers, not stir them up,” Mulally said with

uncharacteristic venom.

His comments referred to a Facebook posting on the official UAW web site which

threatened a strike if workers voted against the tentative agreement between Ford and

the UAW. Settles predicted that Ford would hire replacement workers if the UAW went

on strike. Bob King twittered his agreement. Mulally was visibly outraged.

“Why the hell would I hire scabs? That’s the damn dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ford encourages loyalty and dedication and teamwork. I don’t need blowhards like

Settles and King sticking words in my mouth and riling up workers against the

company.”

Mulally went on to say that he trusted the wisdom and experience of Ford workers.

“If they tell me that this contract is wrong, I take full responsibility. We will go back to the

bargaining table and I will personally make sure that recommendations from workers

are addressed.”

Mulally told reporters at Ford’s Dearborn headquarters that he doesn’t expect any

problems finding replacements for King and Settles.

“We have UAW representatives on the front lines in Chicago and Dearborn who know

how to lead. We don’t need some anarchist fringe element like King and Settles on our

negotiating team.”

by I.M. Satire

announced that he was terminating the services of UAW president Bob King and UAW

uncharacteristic venom.

threatened a strike if workers voted against the tentative agreement between Ford and

the UAW. Settles predicted that Ford would hire replacement workers if the UAW went

“Why the hell would I hire scabs? That’s the damn dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ford encourages loyalty and dedication and teamwork. I don’t need blowhards like

company.”

Mulally went on to say that he trusted the wisdom and experience of Ford workers.

“If they tell me that this contract is wrong, I take full responsibility. We will go back to the

bargaining table and I will personally make sure that recommendations from workers

are addressed.”

Mulally told reporters at Ford’s Dearborn headquarters that he doesn’t expect any

“We have UAW representatives on the front lines in Chicago and Dearborn who know

how to lead. We don’t need some anarchist fringe element like King and Settles on our

negotiating team.”

Ilove this.Not far from the truth.

by I.M. Satire

uncharacteristic venom.

company.”

are addressed.”

negotiating team.”

By I.M. Satire...Really?

by I.M. Satire

Ford CEO Alan Mulally called a news conference at 5 oclock this afternoon and

We pay these people to manage workers, not stir them up, Mulally said with

uncharacteristic venom.

Why the hell would I hire scabs? Thats the damn dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ford encourages loyalty and dedication and teamwork. I dont need blowhards like

company.

If they tell me that this contract is wrong, I take full responsibility. We will go back to the

are addressed.

Mulally told reporters at Fords Dearborn headquarters that he doesnt expect any

We have UAW representatives on the front lines in Chicago and Dearborn who know

how to lead. We dont need some anarchist fringe element like King and Settles on our

negotiating team.

What a black eye for the Union when Mr. Mulally has to step in to assure our concerns are addressed, a job that the union representation has vowed to do. No one benefits from a strike, no one wants a strike. As most Ford employees I am proud to go to work and do the best job that I am able to do. From a workers prospective, all we want is a fair contract, and to be treated with the sense of worth. Thank you Mr. Mulally

Edited by toolmandano

What a black eye for the Union when Mr. Mulally has to step in to assure our concerns are addressed, a job that the union representation has vowed to do. No one benefits from a strike, no one wants a strike. As most Ford employees I am proud to go to work and do the best job that I am able to do. From a workers prospective, all we want is a fair contract, and to be treated with the sense of worth. Thank you Mr. Mulally

I cannot believe anyone would believe this. Why would mullaly call people "blowhards". Stupid post.

by I.M. Satire

uncharacteristic venom.

company.”

are addressed.”

negotiating team.”

You Have My Vote !!!!! young brother.

I cannot complain about Alan's job performance. However I can say allot about the UAW hierarchy! Alan did what he was hired to do, wish I could say that for all the parties named in this article.

seems the negotiators etc. were out of touch or obsessed with pattern bargaining. I don't like this deal but it looks like it will pass