Is your team leader worth a 1.50 raise?

dtptruckbuilder

Yes! My team leader on dayshift..has been awesome for years!!!...he cares about his people, Busts his ass, and is NOT a company man.......i'm on afternoons now, and my team leadrer also is a great guy. There is no way i would want a leaders job.....they do a FINE JOB!!!

These jobs are apparently heading for bid jobs at KTP....just as it should be.

It is not a 1.50 raise its only .75 more then what they get now. I was told that it had to be adopted at your location so it was not a definite thing. But I do think that by adopting it would be a good thing, not because of the raise but cause of the job creation. They would have to add team leaders due to the 1 per 10 ratio, also it would add utility jobs to the plant. They said TL's would no longer give bathroom breaks, medicals, or repairs. They would be forced to add utility jobs to cover these things, I hope that DTP adopts it that would be that many more jobs to bid on to have a good off line job. I would love to have a utility job offline no radio or headache, it would add years to our lives and give us a little hope.

• Like 2

It is not a 1.50 raise its only .75 more then what they get now. I was told that it had to be adopted at your location so it was not a definite thing. But I do think that by adopting it would be a good thing, not because of the raise but cause of the job creation. They would have to add team leaders due to the 1 per 10 ratio, also it would add utility jobs to the plant. They said TL's would no longer give bathroom breaks, medicals, or repairs. They would be forced to add utility jobs to cover these things, I hope that DTP adopts it that would be that many more jobs to bid on to have a good off line job. I would love to have a utility job offline no radio or headache, it would add years to our lives and give us a little hope.

Umm......what exactly would the team leader be doing then? Other than a little paperwork you just covered all their duties. So they are getting a raise for what?

• Like 1

Utility usually carries a radio

Most of them NO. Some yes. But they should be elected in that way you know they will actually Do what they are suppose to do.

as i said in an earlier post we at Walton hills elect ours in, and it works great, i believe there is something in the language for a team leader , if they do not do they're job they can be voted out, but can't remember seeing that happen. My leader on dayshift has been voted in time after time. That tells me he is doing the job well. You can call him if you need a break, and if not you better belive he will be coming to you, to ask you. Same gig on afternoons now.I like this system.

as i said in an earlier post we at Walton hills elect ours in, and it works great, i believe there is something in the language for a team leader , if they do not do they're job they can be voted out, but can't remember seeing that happen. My leader on dayshift has been voted in time after time. That tells me he is doing the job well. You can call him if you need a break, and if not you better belive he will be coming to you, to ask you. Same gig on afternoons now.I like this system.

That's awesome. I think that's how it should be. Cuz if someone doesn't work out you can always get someone else in there that'll do the jobs. I heard that a couple at my plant do the same. But I personally never had one like that. & I worked w/ a lot of different ones.

They do paperwork, they can(should) walk around and do surveys on themselves and have people sign a paper

1 = good job

2 = don't care

3 = get rid of me

this way this guy will stop kissing the company's ass, and he'll give you whatever you want in order to get that (1) on his sheet.

He won't be able to change the ratings because people's signatures will be on them.

I think that's a great idea LOCAL suxHUNDRED

The lowes score each week he gets the better

10 people vote if he gets higher then a 20 (4) weeks in a row he's outta there.

Edited by 2911screwed

Here is a better question regardless of your team leader's performance. Is $1.50 raise fair enough raise to justify cutting the skill tradesman that are going to lose their job once the group leaders have been given the responsibility to repair power tools. So basically they have to do the floor guy & foreman's job for no additional pay, and get $1.50 from the skilled tradesman that use to do that job. I foresee several bad scenario's and all will happen to different degrees all throughout the system.

1. The group leaders will neglect repairing tooling cause the company will not pay them to do it on overtime
  2. The various team leaders will be robbing each other for tooling to avoid having to repair the necessary tools
  3. The operator's will be pressured about the quality of their work o to faulty tooling
  4. No one will bid group leader jobs once the group leaders have been held accountable for everything I have already mentioned.

Edited by Furious1Auto

They do paperwork, they can(should) walk around and do surveys on themselves and have people sign a paper

1 = good job

2 = don't care

3 = get rid of me

this way this guy will stop kissing the company's ass, and he'll give you whatever you want in order to get that (1) on his sheet.

He won't be able to change the ratings because people's signatures will be on them.

I think that's a great idea LOCAL suxHUNDRED

The lowes score each week he gets the better

10 people vote if he gets higher then a 20 (4) weeks in a row he's outta there.

OK...Sounds good...But something's missing. All team leaders can rate all 10 people they are responsible for, also...

1. Good worker

2. doesn't care

3. Highly likely to sabotage the line for his/her own gain.

What's good for the goose....

Ahh, the power of collectivisim!!

• Like 1

Here is a better question regardless of your team leader's performance. Is $1.50 raise fair enough raise to justify cutting the skill tradesman that are going to lose their job once the group leaders have been given the responsibility to repair power tools. So basically they have to do the foreman's job for no additional pay, they had to take on the Floor guy's responsibility for no extra pay, and get $1.50 from the skilled tradesman that use to do that job. I foresee several bad scenario's and all will happen to different degrees all throughout the system.

1. The group leaders will neglect repairing tooling cause the company will not pay them to do it on overtime
  2. The various team leaders will be robbing each other for tooling to avoid having to repair the necessary tools
  3. The operator's will be pressured about the quality of their work due to faulty tooling
  4. No one will bid group leader jobs once the group leaders have been held accountable for everything I have already mentioned.

My group leader use to complain if I had to pee, and I rarely had to go while the line was moving. Good luck!

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

OK...Sounds good...But something's missing. All team leaders can rate all 10 people they are responsible for, also...

1. Good worker

2. doesn't care

AMEN BROTHER....and yes i'm YELLING

• Like 2

1. Good worker

2. doesn't care

Ahhh NO, he/she wouldn't be able to rate workers because he/she took the job by signing up for it. You can't have it both ways. The people voting on the line on that TL would have more weight anyway in the ratings. Besides many of the TL's already have made butt buddies on the line, so the ratings system would counter act this.

Just go away Fitch, you got fired, get over it. Your never coming back. Go make up some fake reviews for your cheap ass eBay Shit.

he was never fired, he's working at truck next to DTP nick

BTW nice house you have.. I didn't think they sold 1980 trailers anymore.. :drool:

Edited by 2911screwed

Having worked with some Good Team leaders and some not so good ones it was and never will be my job as a union brother to start scoring their work performance ! I think this is a bunch of crap that 1 classification will be getting pay increase but I'm certainly not ready to do the firing or hiring. In my experience with ford I have noticed first hand that the "pain -in-the-asses" usually had run-ins with TL'rs not the typical 6-4 lunchbox , dependable Ford worker. If the union representation allows the "bad" team leaders to keep "treating his team bad" shame on him/her as well. Other than that if you have a problem with your TL'r grow some fucking balls and handle it! Call him out and treat him the same way . Maybe call him a "jerk-off" and let him know who the boss is. Giving someone a score of 1-3 is a pussy's way out , fucking handle it ! I think "WE" all should have a pay increase to answer your question though. I elect the girl looking for the crack on that white unit fresh out of paint if we have to vote though. See what might happen if "we " have to vote. No ugly bitches !