Profit sharing not until December?

Pinto'77

So far every date and payout is TBD as well as everything in the contract.We have a skilled trade asked about retiring when we had our informational meetings.They told him when the contract passes you could go the next day he ordered his package and got everything ready for Nov.1 all the benefits reps and company said yep you can go the 1st.He took all his vacation so he could come in the 1st to retire they called him yesterday and they said oh sorry you can't go yet that is TBD yet for $100000 you have to come to work the 2nd.Another skilled opted to return to production and take the $50000 because there were postions up for bid to move from our Ach that is sold or closing and oh guess what can't go yet TBD.This whole contract was supposed to be retroactive to the 15th of Sept no dates on any of the packages or buyouts because we want these people out but we now want to keep everything till after the 1st of the year or maybe we will change it then too.Amazing how they told you all the good things but you don't know when you will get them rightttttttt.Checks in the mail you know the rest.

Yea, I was told nov 15th, then I get an email stateing it will be paid before the end of the yr, date TBD.

I havent seen that email yet, but according to the contract summary highlights pamphlet the union passed out, page 6, we receive the profit sharing payout in Nov. 2011. It doesnt give the exact date, but it still says Nov.2011. So the company is wasting no time balking at the agreement we just signed, or the IUAW put that timeframe in the highlights to bullshit us, or both. Im betting on both.

The accelerated partial profit sharing payment will be distributed on December 15, 2011.

This date is later than originally indicated because it was necessary to establish alternative methods of distribution at our members request.

IUAW on Facebook......

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/uawforddept

Edited by tompor1

The accelerated partial profit sharing payment will be distributed on December 15, 2011.

This date is later than originally indicated because it was necessary to establish alternative methods of distribution at our members request.

IUAW on Facebook......

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/uawforddept

For the people to quick to judge and too lazy to read the language, here you go.

The resulting Profit Sharing Amounts will be paid to plan participants in accordance with the applicable Plan provisions as soon as possible after ratification.

Page 178C

Profit Sharing now 12/15 to allow employees to make a TESPHE election if they so choose.

they make it sound as though ford never gave out profit sharing checks that you could put in tesphe or check form before, nothing new, just stalling with OUR money. and the uaw say's "were sorry" WOW, 1 month and already changes...... i can't wait to see what is next!

• Like 2

Great!Lets hope the profit sharing keeps coming and growing for the next 4 years.I hate to be the one to inject reality into these 'discussions' but I met a nice man, late 30`s the other day.He said he was an engineer for a parts supplier that serviced Ford Motor.Well, Ford told his company they were cutting the cost of their contract by X-percent of dollars and the supplier said,"We cant do that".So Ford outsourced the work to India.Capitalism at its finest.The smartest move the UAW membership ever made was the decision NOT to strike the company under these current financial circumstances.This guy I met would take any job with Ford in a heartbeat right now.

• Like 2

they make it sound as though ford never gave out profit sharing checks that you could put in tesphe or check form before, nothing new, just stalling with OUR money. and the uaw say's "were sorry" WOW, 1 month and already changes...... i can't wait to see what is next!

Why are you complaining? Your signing bonuse is already spent and you don't even have it yet. It is better for you that you dont get all your cash at once. You will just squander it. You should be thanking the UAW for this. You can do so by going my Thank You card post and signing it.

They are closing the plant but the IUAW got you guys the option of transferring to other jobs,so that is good.Ford could have and probably would have rather,just say, "Adios, gringo" and hire people locally instead of paying to tranfer people all over the USA.