Early Christmas present

Congrats. Good color choice. I see you did stay in the Ford family. I kind of like the V6 Mustang better if optioned right since it's lighter, the engine a bit revvier, and vehicle can be thrown around a bit more. Almost like having a 1965 289 Hypo Mustang...quick and light on its feet.

Based on the changes in horsepower ratings from Gross to Net, it is likely a good bit more power than the 271 hp 289 HiPo in an apples to apples comparison. While the new Stang is heavier, it is probably still faster than the '65. Technology is a good thing. :shift:

Based on the changes in horsepower ratings from Gross to Net, it is likely a good bit more power than the 271 hp 289 HiPo in an apples to apples comparison. While the new Stang is heavier, it is probably still faster than the '65. Technology is a good thing. :shift:

The high performance vehicles of this era are so much faster than the best of muscle car ear, it's not even close. Not only faster, but much better braking, much better handling, and basically much better anything. I like to look at vintage vehicles, but for driving the vehicles of today are much more exhilerating in every way. When I started thinking about buying a second, fun, weekend vehicle, I did consider a vintage sports car, but they just don't stand up to the best of the modern vehicles. So I bought what I did. Not that I have all the latest technology, but it certainly is part of modern era performance wise and in safety.

Congrats. Good color choice. I see you did stay in the Ford family. I kind of like the V6 Mustang better if optioned right since it's lighter, the engine a bit revvier, and vehicle can be thrown around a bit more. Almost like having a 1965 289 Hypo Mustang...quick and light on its feet.

Thanks. I haven't tried to push it really hard yet but it feels very toss-able and the 3.7 is a sweet little engine.