Can I buy Factory 2012 Raptor Seats?

I am not sure I will be able to work out a trade for my Ecoboost for the Raptor that I can live with....

I can live with the quirkyness of the Ecoboost engine, but the uncomfortable drivers seat is a big problem for me. I spend many hours in the drive seat each day. I have completely disassembled the seats and reworked the factory foam. They are tolerable for me now ( much better than new), but not exactly what I would call comfortable. I still love the seats in the Raptor, the bottom is wider and has much better shape and padding.

Anyway, I am thinking about buying a set of 2012 (heated/cooled) Front Raptor seats. I will still have to have them re-covered to match the Adobe interior. I know it will be expensive, but it will probably cost less than trading the truck.

Anyway, the dealer said I could not order the Raptor seats.... Some crap about it being a SVT component. I figure he is probably just trying to get me to trade for the Raptor insted of buying seats. I have not had a chance to talk to any other dealers.

Do any of you guys know if I can order a set of these seats?

I don't see any reason why not, unless they don't have any available yet. Didn't the '12 get slightly different seats? Maybe a new set of '12 Lariat seats would work?

There is nothing worse than seats that don't fit you! Best of luck!

The 2012 Raptor seats added the cooled option in the LUX package. The 2012 Lariat seats are unchanged ( they did offer cooled in the FX4 trucks for 2012)

I am not sure I will be able to work out a trade for my Ecoboost for the Raptor that I can live with....

I can live with the quirkyness of the Ecoboost engine, but the uncomfortable drivers seat is a big problem for me. I spend many hours in the drive seat each day. I have completely disassembled the seats and reworked the factory foam. They are tolerable for me now ( much better than new), but not exactly what I would call comfortable. I still love the seats in the Raptor, the bottom is wider and has much better shape and padding.

Anyway, I am thinking about buying a set of 2012 (heated/cooled) Front Raptor seats. I will still have to have them re-covered to match the Adobe interior. I know it will be expensive, but it will probably cost less than trading the truck.

Anyway, the dealer said I could not order the Raptor seats.... Some crap about it being a SVT component. I figure he is probably just trying to get me to trade for the Raptor insted of buying seats. I have not had a chance to talk to any other dealers.

Time to get a Ram 5.7. Or a used Raptor...

Ford does not let you order complete seat assemblies. A while back you could, but it had to be current model year and had to have a police report detailing theft or fire to get complete assemblies.

I bet you will find that the only difference in the seats from your Lariat is the cushions and covers. I bet the frames are the same. If you are going to have them recovered anyway, buy the raptor cushions and had an trim shop make covers.

Ford does not let you order complete seat assemblies. A while back you could, but it had to be current model year and had to have a police report detailing theft or fire to get complete assemblies.

I bet you will find that the only difference in the seats from your Lariat is the cushions and covers. I bet the frames are the same. If you are going to have them recovered anyway, buy the raptor cushions and had an trim shop make covers.

Very interesting. Didn't know that!

That sux.... The seat base is wider in the Raptor... The cushion and cover are different as well.....