Equality of Sacrifice Arbitration Update

itsmeuaw

*** Equality of Sacrifice Arbitration Update From Vice President Jimmy Settles ***

As we previously indicated, the arbitrator would attempt to resume the testimony phase sometime last week. However, due to the holidays and the end of year responsibilities of the arbitrator and witnesses from both the union and the company, a reasonable date was not established.

Therefore, testimony will not resume until after the first of the year.

It is important to note that the delays in scheduling are in no way an indicator of the potential outcome of the grievance. In fact, we believe the grievance carries such weight that the painstaking nature of the process is necessary for proper diligence.

I have reiterated to my staff, and accordingly I ask of you, that we all remain patient during the arbitration process. The magnitude of the grievance filed against Ford Motor Company has no historical precedent, meaning every step forward along the way presents a new challenge that deserves our willingness to allow the process to play itself out.

I respectfully ask at this time, with the holidays approaching, that we all reflect on the goodness in our lives and the past year, and that we dedicate this time to find harmony with our coworkers, friends and family. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to do our very best at keeping the entire membership informed.

In Solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President and Director

UAW National Ford Department

• Like 3

NEWS FLASH-----The arbitrator just ruled that The Company is always right ,simply because, Its their company!The IUAW says,,,,"we tried and are going on a convention"

He who holds the coin makes the rules. They don't owe you a job, and if you are dissatisfied you have the option to quit and find another job. Trying to make executive descisions from the line will get you fired. Know your role, and do you job, this will keep you a job!

• Like 1

He who holds the coin makes the rules. They don't owe you a job, and if you are dissatisfied you have the option to quit and find another job. Trying to make executive descisions from the line will get you fired. Know your role, and do you job, this will keep you a job!

what payroll are you on?

take some of your own medicine, if you are dissatisfied with the comments on this forum, quit coming here and find another forum.

I've always loved the "if you don't like it, quit" mentality, sounds like management. im sure as fuck glad the people that started the UAW didnt have that approach.

• Like 1

what payroll are you on?

take some of your own medicine, if you are dissatisfied with the comments on this forum, quit coming here and find another forum.

I've always loved the "if you don't like it, quit" mentality, sounds like management. im sure as fuck glad the people that started the UAW didnt have that approach.

If you noticed, the UAW of today, is not made up men like the ones that negotiated gains. Sorry man, I have lost my faith. Seems like the company wins, and the union loses at every turn. I think my pessimism stems from my disappointment in the current leadership performance.

• Like 1

What is it Hot Shot, Piss on little people Day? I cant even try to be funny on this forum without getting read THE WORKING-CLASS RIOT ACT of 2012?I dont buy into the idea of the rich dont owe the working-class jobs.The rich definetly need to contribute back to society.Oh also I am not a quitter,I am a fighter!Furious1auto,you have a 'BIG HEAD'.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

Furious1auto,you have a 'BIG HEAD'.

Two, and the shank to support them both!

Now here is the double standard. You have a contractor come to your house to do work for you. He begins demanding more money the was agreed upon, decides to make changes to your home to better suit his comfort, he demands more time then agreed upon. What do you do?

Don't answer it was a retoricle question, I already know what you would do. You would find someone else to perform the work. Did you owe the first guy anything? No, only what you had agreed upon, and when he could not deliver you put him out.

So now then, how is it any different for a large employer to shed itself of a demanding work force, and replace it with one that is happy to work at the expected levels, while being satisfied with what you are willing to pay. There are tons of bankrupted companies I can name that had a strong union. In the end, we all only want to work and to get fairly compensated for our efforts. What you call quitting, is in my case finding job security. I make as much as I did, walked away with a huge amount, and there is nothing but upward potential. The roller coaster you are riding peaked the big hill in 2004, been nothing but downhill ever since. Earning the same pay rate as you did in 2004, only COLA was lost, Gen, joint programs, retirees sold out, new hires paid less, with no pension, plants closed, UAW master waged number went from 84,000 to 35,000 in less then 7 years. You fought valiantly!

I hate posting a reply to my own, but seriously the rich could give a shit about America. I wrote a peice on globalization on this site 3 years ago. They have no loyalty to anyone. China is the new industrialized nation, they are going through their boom like the USA did in the 1920's. In time their work force will begin to feel a sense of entitlement, begin unionizing, and demanding more. The same will happen to them. At some point the wealthy will abandon them for a lower cost labor market, and sell to them as the high return retail market. Then when their economy collapses, as ours is, they will begin the same cycle again in other countries.

Do you really think demanding more, bitching and whining will change this? If you understand the game, and don't make changes in the way you think to do well in this environment, then your own foolishness is the reason you will always have to settle for what others decide you can have. It's getting harder and harder to make it, but it is still possible. I will keep hoping trains, and make sure the one I am on is headed in the direction I want to go. You can criticize me for making good descisions, but if you want to be angry that you didn't make it any further, blame your own fear, and complacency!

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

I will keep hoping trains, and make sure the one I am on is headed in the direction I want to go. You can criticize me for making good descisions, but if you want to be angry that you didn't make it any further, blame your own fear, and complacency!

Keep hopping trains while I enjoy my $33 per hour, great benefits and job security beyond my expectations on this new agreement.

Yeah I made well over $130,000 in 2011 thanks to the foresight of the UAW, so I will enjoy my current status and continue to earn a great living.

If fear and complacency is earning six figures than call me scared and lazy.

Edited by Skilled1
  • Like 2

Keep hopping trains while I enjoy my $33 per hour, great benefits and job security beyond my expectations on this new agreement.

Yeah I made well over $130,000 in 2011 thanks to the foresight of the UAW, so I will enjoy my current status and continue to earn a great living.

If fear and complacency is earning six figures than call me scared and lazy.

Do you feel better now?

You still have brothers and sisters on ILO, working the line, or entry level who haven't been so lucky.

Quality and productivity doesn't always lead to "six figures", far too often is is rewarded with closure, loss of a shift, or empty promises.

And we all work for the same company with the same union. How's that?

First thing we hear from our newly elected reps. is excuses and defending the company's rights. Not exactly how they campaigned, is it?

• Like 3

Do you feel better now?

Much better thank you.

This clown Furious either took the separation money or was fired and somehow finds a need to post on a Ford forum to tell us we are all fools for staying at Ford while he enjoys his riches as a Sailor (sarcasm).

So yeah I am happy with my union negotiated $33 per hour, voluntary overtime opportunities to easily bump my pay into six digits, job security and benefits better than 95% of American workers.

So sit back and eat Furious's spoon full crap he is feeding you if you will and I will continue to earn my wages, enjoy job security and piece of mind in my golden benefits

• Like 5

Much better thank you.

This clown Furious either took the separation money or was fired and somehow finds a need to post on a Ford forum to tell us we are all fools for staying at Ford while he enjoys his riches as a Sailor (sarcasm).

So yeah I am happy with my union negotiated $33 per hour, voluntary overtime opportunities to easily bump my pay into six digits, job security and benefits better than 95% of American workers.

So sit back and eat Furious's spoon full crap he is feeding you if you will and I will continue to earn my wages, enjoy job security and piece of mind in my golden benefits

Your a chump, you have no job security, no retirement guarantees, nothing but a momentary peice of mind. If you are making $33 an hour then you are in trades. Trades will take the hit before production cause they out number you. Smile when your doing a production job and repairing your own equipment. You have it great. One day you'll catch up to me! LOL you didn't sell your job to secure your future, you did worse, you sold out other people's to preserve your way of life. You sound like a government politician. low man gets the cut as long as I get mine. I would guess you are in your mid 50's it was common with the generation. Once there is a large number of new hires, the pendulum will swing back in your direction. Hope you have your 30 years in by then. Enjoy your new VEBA funded medical!

• Like 1

*** Equality of Sacrifice Arbitration Update From Vice President Jimmy Settles ***

As we previously indicated, the arbitrator would attempt to resume the testimony phase sometime last week. However, due to the holidays and the end of year responsibilities of the arbitrator and witnesses from both the union and the company, a reasonable date was not established.

Therefore, testimony will not resume until after the first of the year.

It is important to note that the delays in scheduling are in no way an indicator of the potential outcome of the grievance. In fact, we believe the grievance carries such weight that the painstaking nature of the process is necessary for proper diligence.

I have reiterated to my staff, and accordingly I ask of you, that we all remain patient during the arbitration process. The magnitude of the grievance filed against Ford Motor Company has no historical precedent, meaning every step forward along the way presents a new challenge that deserves our willingness to allow the process to play itself out.

I respectfully ask at this time, with the holidays approaching, that we all reflect on the goodness in our lives and the past year, and that we dedicate this time to find harmony with our coworkers, friends and family. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to do our very best at keeping the entire membership informed.

In Solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President and Director

UAW National Ford Department

most of these coments have nothing to do with EOS ????????WTF.

• Like 1

Your a chump, you have no job security, no retirement guarantees, nothing but a momentary peice of mind.

Chump???

$130,000+ a year???

How much does a sailor make since you have to be on that boat 24 hours a day 3 to 4 days in a row.

Your compensation is more like $4.50 per hour and weeks away from your family and friends (chump) once all hours in the day are factored in.

Sorry, dont know too many sailors making $130,000 per year..................

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 3

Chump???

$130,000+ a year???

How much does a sailor make since you have to be on that boat 24 hours a day 3 to 4 days in a row.

Your compensation is more like $4.50 per hour and weeks away from your family and friends (chump) once all hours in the day are factored in.

Sorry, dont know too many sailors making $130,000 per year..................

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ooh, found your soft spot. You obviously don't have a clue, and must only know sailors that work for the military. I am a U.S. Merchant Marine, and work for a non-military contractor. I don't know what trade your in, but I have to work in all trades. Plumbing, welding, fabricating, electrical, and I have Steam power credentials. Once I sit for my license, all I have to do is sit for my stationary steam test and I would qualify as a PPE (Power Plant Engineer) to keep the lights and heat on in your facility, or any major college, or hospital I'n the country that has independent power, and heat. Keep patting yourself on the back, you have it made. And if you lost your job at Ford tomorrow, you could get paid the same anywhere! :~) Chump!

• Like 1

Furious....would you please stop posting as if you work for Ford....you don't....you quit remember....also I must say you are the most narcissistic poster I have ever read on this forum....nearly every post by you ends up talking about yourself....nobody cares....post all you want ....but don't try to give the impression that anything you say about the union or the shop is anything but second hand knowledge....you have not worked for Ford for years

• Like 3

Furious....would you please stop posting as if you work for Ford....you don't....you quit remember....also I must say you are the most narcissistic poster I have ever read on this forum....nearly every post by you ends up talking about yourself....nobody cares....post all you want ....but don't try to give the impression that anything you say about the union or the shop is anything but second hand knowledge....you have not worked for Ford for years

Same song, and dance. Like I said before if you question my retiree status, complain to the moderation staff. I will take this matter up with people that have authority. Feel free to keep whining though, I find it entertaining!

Same song, and dance. Like I said before if you question my retiree status, complain to the moderation staff. I will take this matter up with people that have authority. Feel free to keep whining though, I find it entertaining!

FWIW, once an employee, you have insight and experiences that can only come from being an employee. Retired, Buy-Out, STEP, Enhanced Packages and whatever. To qualify for any of these options you had to be an employee. Prima Facie!

Argue the points of the topic and stop this distracting sidebar of trying to disqualify the opposing viewpoint.

BTW, I'm wearing my asbestos suit because I know the hate is on the way. UGH!

Ooh, found your soft spot.. I am a U.S. Merchant Marine, and work for a non-military contractor. I don't know what trade your in, but I have to work in all trades. Plumbing, welding, fabricating, electrical, and I have Steam power credentials. Once I sit for my license, all I have to do is sit for my stationary steam test and I would qualify as a PPE (Power Plant Engineer) to keep the lights and heat on in your facility, or any major college, or hospital I'n the country that has independent power, and heat. Keep patting yourself on the back, you have it made. And if you lost your job at Ford tomorrow, you could get paid the same anywhere! :~) Chump!

OOOhhhhhhh!!! a non military sailor !!! Wow you hit the jackpot. $4.50 per hour for ALL of your time on that boat and away from home. Great move.

So great you have to come back here and call us "fearful" and "complacent" for not leaving our great pay, benefits and job security.

You seem to have some sort of mental condition to have to come back here and call all 40,000 of us that choose to stay fearful and complacent.

Post here all you want, like I said in the past, I could care less.

Oh and thanks for your concern on my ability to work outside of Ford. If you must know I am a State of Michigan Master Electrician so to go elsewhere and make $130,000+ is still attainable.

Yes I am thankful for the UAW for providing me a great job, pay, benefits and job security, but if my plant closed I could easily find work and still make 6 digits.

Carry on-------

• Like 3

Yup, but I am looking for a job that pays $5. Hey, why did I get a notification that you added me to your friends list? With as angry as you get, I don't know if we can be friends anymore. LOL

Geez, and they say I need meds! You keep telling me no one cares, and then you keep posting everywhere I post.

At least I know you care about me, Chump :~)

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

Yup, but I am looking for a job that pays $5. Hey, why did I get a notification that you added me to your friends list? With as angry as you get, I don't know if we can be friends anymore. LOL

Geez, and they say I need meds! You keep telling me no one cares, and then you keep posting everywhere I post.

At least I know you care about me, Chump :~)

Furious you're still welcome here, and give up the battle with the electrician, way to much resistance there it's a battle with an open circuit... LOL We who know you, know you're a stand up person. Enjoy the down time it will be shipping season soon, as warm as it's been you shouldn't have to much ice to deal with.

• Like 2

Furious you're still welcome here, and give up the battle with the electrician, way to much resistance there it's a battle with an open circuit... LOL We who know you, know you're a stand up person. Enjoy the down time it will be shipping season soon, as warm as it's been you shouldn't have to much ice to deal with.

Thanks Bro. I was laid up at the Rouge for a couple days in the summer. I tried to call you to hit the strip. Gotta Mustang burger from Bronco's. And some pics with Henry. Can't wait, headed to Severstal for our last unload for the season. I'm sailing on the S.S. Kaye E. Barker (formerly the S.S. Benson Ford III) She is getting repowered with diesels this year. There is a picture of this vessel etched In the marble stones at the main gate of the Rouge complex behind the statue of Henry. I'm taking 2.5 months off, but I have school scheduled to get my tankerman's endorsement. One week in Florida in Feb. Ye-Yah. I'll be sailing on an oil tanker in the spring. you guys are killing it, I have been running exclusively from Marquette, MI to the Rouge Steel for the last month and a half. Back in 09' all the loads were COD, because the supplier thought Ford could file bankruptcy with Chrysler & GM, quite a turn around. Severstal is full for the winter. I found me a job that pays $5 an hour, on a tank ship hauling oil. LOL

Hey man, when I was on the Lee I found whrenches in the conveyor shop that had S.S. William Clay Ford scribed on them, and the Kaye still has a Ford logo between the boilers. I thought it was pretty cool.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1