Just The Facts: February 2012 Car Sales

just+facts.jpg

Top 3 in each segment listed, full listing at link.

B Segment

Kia Soul: 10,876

Nissa Versa: 10,190

Chevrolet Sonic: 7,900

C Segment

Honda Civic: 27,087

Ford Focus: 23,350

Toyota Corolla: 22,148

C/D Segment:

Toyota Camry: 34,542

Nissan Altima: 32,953

Ford Fusion: 21,773

D Segment

Chevrolet Impala: 15,333

Chrysler 300: 7,670

Dodge Charger:7,324

LINK - The Alternator Blog

There's pretty good rebates (and lease deals) on the Altima right now. I think they are emptying them out before the new (uglified) one comes out.

Just this past Monday, my father in law went to turn in his leased Altima to get a new Sonata and they wanted $329 per mo. for one optioned like he wanted.

He went next door and got another similarly equipped Altima for $269 per mo. That's a pretty good deal for leather/bluetooth/sunroof/etc... on a midsize car.

I'm reluctant to visit GMI since they ruined their design, what are the Bowtie Folks saying about Cruze v Focus now?

It's nearly 6pm on sales release day, and the only thread over there has the GM release and nothing else. :ninja:

My "Just The Facts" thread sits in the "suggestions" forum. Still.

It's nearly 6pm on sales release day, and the only thread over there has the GM release and nothing else. :ninja:

My "Just The Facts" thread sits in the "suggestions" forum. Still.

They said exactly what I thought they would...................... rental fleet dumping, and huge cash on the hood. Of course, they say nothing about the $159 lease deal for the Cruze. See, GM is being responsible with incentives, while Ford is going hog wild to buy sales.

Is "C/D segment" a Ford Motor Company term? I'm accustomed to the moniker "D-Segment" associated with cars like Camry, Altima, Fusion, etc., and "E-Segment" for Impala, 300, Charger, etc. :shrug:

E-segment was full sized cars like the Crown Vic. Impala, 300, Charger, Taurus would all be D sized leaving the Camry, Altima, Fusion, Accord as C/D - in between C and D. Of course the Accord is borderline D.