AAI

el norte

I was under the impression what AAI was getting was the electrics and hybrid models..

AAI is going to make most of the gasoline engine models. It will not be overflow, it will be around half of all Fusions made. Ford expects 250,000 to 300,000 units of the new model sold yearly, so 125 to 150 thousand made at AAI. Trial bodies start in February, full launch in spring 2013, second shift added in summer 2013.

• Like 1

I was under the impression what AAI was getting was the electrics and hybrid models..

AAI is going to make most of the gasoline engine models. It will not be overflow, it will be around half of all Fusions made. Ford expects 250,000 to 300,000 units of the new model sold yearly, so 125 to 150 thousand made at AAI. Trial bodies start in February, full launch in spring 2013, second shift added in summer 2013.

• Like 3

Now if AAI will agree to build Fusions for $3.50 an hour you just

might have a shot at taking production from them.

Funny thing this promise that AAI got?

AAI to produce "all" of the overflow units of the Fusion....

Has AAI, ran any CD4 prototype units?

Funny thing, CAP has run 142 CD4 2013 units prior to the 2013 Fusion (CD4) launch.

Yep, thru Body and Paint. Ran the CD4`s thru phosphate, E-coat, prime and enamel. The boy`s were taking measurements and making adjustments to equipment? Hmmm? :shades:

Then packed up and sent off to the pilot plant.

LAP, KTP, MAP, MTP, KCAP and CAP flexible assembly facilities.... AAI ?

Wasn`t there a few promises made before the last voting process.....

Decker

1 of the 1788

Wrong.... Most of the Fusiopn production will remain in Mexico. AAI gets selected models and overflow only.

By 2013 we will be on 3 shifts and our coveted job security will be back at AAI. No more worries of closing. Thanks to the UAW we will be back as the #1 quality and efficient assembly plant in the world!!

Economists are projecting that the 2011 agreement will bring Ford up to 50,000 UAW members and boost the USA economy from its bargaining to return jobs back in America.

If you have a chance to transfer to AAI and you are looking for job security come on over. The premier plant of the UAW!!!!

By 2013 we will be on 3 shifts and our coveted job security will be back at AAI. No more worries of closing. Thanks to the UAW we will be back as the #1 quality and efficient assembly plant in the world!!

Economists are projecting that the 2011 agreement will bring Ford up to 50,000 UAW members and boost the USA economy from its bargaining to return jobs back in America.

If you have a chance to transfer to AAI and you are looking for job security come on over. The premier plant of the UAW!!!!

You aren't even starting a second shift untill 2013, so no way you will be at 3 shifts that year...IF EVER! MAP will be the plant to be at in Michigan, we will be on 3 shifts in just over a month from now, people want small cars with our fuel prices going up and up, the Focus fills that need in every way. Mustang will not do it, and the overflow of Fusions won't even keep you on 2 shifts.

Should have come to MAP like many of us did...I am HAPPY to be out of AAI, coming to MAP was the smartest move I have ever made. 23 years at AAI was more than enough. MAP is a much better place to work.

I am kind of suprised at the size of the investment in Mexico. It was twice as much as the investments at MAP, LAP, and AAI and the first two were touted as Ford's most advanced in the world. I am guessing that Hermilsilo is quite antiquated and will need an additional body shop since the MKZ is no longer a heavy badged-engineered version of the Fusion. That being said, I am dissapointed that the MKZ, a car that is so important to the very future of Lincoln and its bread and butter car, was not made in the United States.

At least the good news is that AAI is not in danger of closing anytime soon. Also, Mazda still owns a stake in the plant and that opens the door for them to build a model there in the future.

Wrong.... Most of the Fusiopn production will remain in Mexico. AAI gets selected models and overflow only.

Not according to The Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Car and Driver, the UAW and our engineers. We are scheduled to build anywhere from 125k to 150k Fusions yearly. At peak times we will build more Fusions than the Mexican plant, which has less capacity than AAI and needs major retooling. They will build the new Fusion and launch it first, so they will build most of the 2013 models, but the next year it will be around 50/50. They will be building more Lincoln MKZ's than last year and less Fusions. Ford expects Fusion sales going over 300,000 next year,(2011 sales were 248,000) with employee A plan purchases tripling now that workers can purchase an American made product. Jimmy Settles (Int. VP) said a 550 million dollar investment at AAI and a second shift added does NOT mean just overflow. We still have the capacity for a third car, we made over 270,000 cars on 2 shifts in 2005. Ford wants a third shift added by 2014, with capacity over 300,000. If we build 140,000 Fusions a year & 80,000 Mustangs and get a third product, who cares if Mexico builds 160,000 Fusions?

Not according to The Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Car and Driver, the UAW and our engineers. We are scheduled to build anywhere from 125k to 150k Fusions yearly. At peak times we will build more Fusions than the Mexican plant, which has less capacity than AAI and needs major retooling. They will build the new Fusion and launch it first, so they will build most of the 2013 models, but the next year it will be around 50/50. They will be building more Lincoln MKZ's than last year and less Fusions. Ford expects Fusion sales going over 300,000 next year,(2011 sales were 248,000) with employee A plan purchases tripling now that workers can purchase an American made product. Jimmy Settles (Int. VP) said a 550 million dollar investment at AAI and a second shift added does NOT mean just overflow. We still have the capacity for a third car, we made over 270,000 cars on 2 shifts in 2005. Ford wants a third shift added by 2014, with capacity over 300,000. If we build 140,000 Fusions a year & 80,000 Mustangs and get a third product, who cares if Mexico builds 160,000 Fusions?

Like I said, we will be flooded with well negotiated products and on 3 shifts in 2013. Thanks to the UAW AAI has been saved. Last year we were uncertain of our futures, soon we will be a plant full of job security.

Its interesting that the union considers it a victory when the company promises to invest in their plants. To me, that just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't Ford invest in their own plants, that should be a given. The union getting them to invest in their own plants isn't a victory, its just something a good company does. A real victory would of been to get rid of the 2 tier system, something that goes against everything the union stands for.

• Like 1

Its interesting that the union considers it a victory when the company promises to invest in their plants. To me, that just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't Ford invest in their own plants, that should be a given. The union getting them to invest in their own plants isn't a victory, its just something a good company does. A real victory would of been to get rid of the 2 tier system, something that goes against everything the union stands for.

Your facts are skewed and twisted. Ford Motor Company's way forward plan had 80% of production moving to Mexico in a five year timeline. The Union negotiated on our behalf a concessionary 2007 agreement for our job security and keeping jobs in the USA !!!!

The UAW was successful in gaining huge investments in our 2011 agreement creating thousands of jobs and even returning work and product back into our plants from mexico and asia

There, now you learned facts

• Like 2

Your facts are skewed and twisted. Ford Motor Company's way forward plan had 80% of production moving to Mexico in a five year timeline. The Union negotiated on our behalf a concessionary 2007 agreement for our job security and keeping jobs in the USA !!!!

The UAW was successful in gaining huge investments in our 2011 agreement creating thousands of jobs and even returning work and product back into our plants from mexico and asia

Amen to that brother!

You don't see anything wrong with the union having to fight to get Ford to invest in its own facilites here in the states?! I absolutely do. I will say that preventing Ford from moving further work to Mexico and China is a small victory, but that doesn't change the fact that that stuff never should of happened in the first place. Its just the way I feel about it.

I've looked at the contract and for you Tier 1 guys it was an average to below average contract. For us Tier 2 new hires, it benefited us some in actually getting us full-time work, but thats about it. I'm happy to have a job and I will congratulate the union for making the compnay do right by its long term temps, but coming from a family that has had several generation of Big 3 union workers (mostly GM), I'd expect that many of them would roll over in their graves if they saw the current contract. Just my opinion though, maybe you thought the 2011 contract was a huge success.

I looked again and I don't see ford selling 300,000 fusions !

2011 Fusion sales were 248,000. On pace to beat that this year, 28,000 sold in March, which was higher then the Focus or Escape. If gas prices don't skyrocket they could sell 300,000 in 2012. The 2013 will have more demand because of styling, Ecoboost engines with more power AND better gas mileage, and employees & their family members will buy more because they can get one made in the USA. A lot of customers will buy a mid size instead of compact because they can't fit their family into a Focus or Fiesta. Sales have been way stronger than anyone at Ford thought, or me for that matter. If they only sell 299,999 Fusions this year or next, you can laugh at me and say I told you so, Ford will still be very happy!

amen.

• Like 3