2013 Escape Build and Price

Or better yet a Bronco! With Jeep Wrangler sales taking off recently, there's money to be made in smaller off-roaders/mall crawlers.

^ THIS please Ford, I cant help but grin when I see a Susuki Samarai, thats some SERIOUS fun....sadly, may never happen unless SVT perhaps gets a wild hare...because, dare i say it, it would be a niche model....

...its got NOTHING to do with off road capability.......

You're right. It has everything to do with marketability and usability. It's about image and the image conscience don't want to change their own gears. I know it's been debated here and on nearly every car forum out there, there is a small percentage of consumers who want a manual to increase the fun factor and improve economy, but the percentage isn't high enough for a manufacturer to offer a manual transmission in models marketed to specific demographics. Manuals will be limited to trucks, sports cars, sporty cars like the Focus and economy cars like the Fiesta. There's no advantage for Ford to offer the Escape with a manual. When the commercials come out for the Escape, I bet you will see young couples enjoying an afternoon antiquing, picnicking and driving down the coast with their boogie boards on top, all of them ready to get on to their next adventure, as long as it's on a paved road or down a gravel driveway. You'll never see and I'm sure Ford never envisioned the new Escape slogging through 4 feet of mud and water, let alone venturing too far off the graded gravel road. Now, I don’t do any of those things, what I do do is haul home improvement supplies, tools, lawn and garden supplies, golf clubs and carts, odd finds for art work, myself and friends. I want space with the rear seats up or down and enough room up front so I don’t feel cramped. Oh ya, I also don't want to manually change the gears, that's so 1977 for me.

Yeah, thats not a Ford.

Ford owns Troller. TROLLER wiki info.

The Troller company started in 1995, by Rogério Farias.[2] In April 1996, the first prototype was built.[2] In 1997, Troller was bought by the entrepreneur Mário Araripe, who formed a partnership with Rogério Farias,[2] and the first gasoline-powered T4s were built.[1] The mass-production of the vehicles started in 1999, when a factory was built.[2]

In 2005, a manufacturing plant opened in the African country of Angola to build the T4 for the African market.[3]

Ford do Brasil announced in January 2007 the acquisition of Troller for an undisclosed price.

It's not going to happen, but it sure would be nice with the 2.0 EB and a 6-speed, just like Dean outlined.

4242190626_b5cc484da1.jpg

As 4x4's they have a great reputation. There's YouTube videos of 'em chugging through ridiculously-deep water, thanks to that breather.

Edited by Edstock

^ THIS please Ford, I cant help but grin when I see a Susuki Samarai, thats some SERIOUS fun....sadly, may never happen unless SVT perhaps gets a wild hare...because, dare i say it, it would be a niche model....

Ford hasn't built anything like that since 1977 and I don't see it happening in the future. In fact they have been marching in the exact opposite direction as time has went on. It would be neat, but it's never happening.