Disappointment

2012 FORD F-250 Lariet Ultimate, Crewcab 4X4, 6.7 Diesel

($55,000) ride

I recently started out on a trip in my "NEW" F-250 (5,802 miles) and experienced a transmission failure near Paducah, KY on Sunday April 1st. I spent the night at a local area hotel and visited the local FORD dealer the next morning. Since I was only 200 miles from where I orginated my trip, I acquired a rental vehicle from the dealer and went back home and waited for the dealer to give me news of the issue with my new truck.

On Monday I conveyed to the dealer my need to have my truck back in my possession no later than Saturday April 8th as I would be leaving the country for one month on business. The dealer spent all day Monday playing email tag with a FORD tech line. I made contact with the FORD regional customer service rep. and conveyed the urgency that the truck be repaired no later than the following Saturday. At the end of the day I had no news from the dealer on the issue with the transmission.

On Tuesday, I spoke to the dealer and they stated they would be pulling the transmission. FORD believed I had an internal failure in the tranny. Again I spoke with the regional customer service rep. restaing the need to have the truck repaired by Saturday. The dealer spent the entire day on Tuesday getting the transmission out of the truck, a task that should have taken no more than 3 hours for any experienced mecanhic.

On Wednesday (1030 CST) the dealer had just ordered the parts to repair my truck. The dealer conveyed to me that all the parts would not arrive at the dealership until the following MONDAY. Again I contacted the regional customer service rep. I even asked to speak with that person's supervisor at (1130 CST), I did not recieve a return call until nearly (4:30CST) from that person. Again I conveyed my need to have my truck back in my possesion before I left the country on business and once again I was met with an attitude that FORD was not willing to do anything special to meet the very reasonable request to have my truck back to me in one buisness week. Keeping in mind there are numerous carriers that overnight parts all over America and taking in mind the FORD assembly line for the F-250 is in Louisville, KY a meer 200 miles from Paducah, KY.

The icing on the cake was when I inquired about how FORD proposed getting my truck back to my home 200 miles away with me now out of the country for one month and "their" rental car 200 from its origination point and the customer service rep indicated that would be my responsiblity.

As the owner of numerous FORD vehicles I'm disgusted by the lack of importance placed on repairing my NEW vehicle in less than one-week..... Its not even like I was jumping up and down over getting a rebuilt tranny..... I just simply needed the repairs done on a timely basis to settle the issue before I left the country..... As it stands today, I dont even have any idea how to resolve the issue of my truck being 200 miles away from where it should be while I'm out of the country.

On Wednesday (1030 CST) the dealer had just ordered the parts to repair my truck. The dealer conveyed to me that all the parts would not arrive at the dealership until the following MONDAY.

While extremely frustrating, it is possible that parts would not be available to ship on Wednesday. They may have had to wait until Friday to ship out...

Don't buy a different brand then because you can have the same exact problem.

I've done parts in Ford, Chrysler, and now GM and I've had this problem with all three brands. It's not a brand problem it's an industry problem.

Good luck trying to change it.

My only question here, actually, is: If you're out of the country for an entire month, why the urgency to have the truck repaired prior to your leaving? If you left it with the dealer and said "You must have this done by the time I return" and that occurred, what would you have lost?

My only question here, actually, is: If you're out of the country for an entire month, why the urgency to have the truck repaired prior to your leaving? If you left it with the dealer and said "You must have this done by the time I return" and that occurred, what would you have lost?

Would be fine for the customer, but most dealers don't want a customer's vehicle sitting around their lot for a month.

• Like 1

Would be fine for the customer, but most dealers don't want a customer's vehicle sitting around their lot for a month.

No, I get that. But that still doesn't explain the OP's push to have it done before his departure. There's no mention that he told the dealer "Hey, I'll be gone for a month" and the dealer said, in response "Well, you can't leave it here". If that was the case, then presumably, the dealer would have pushed harder to get the job done to get the vehicle off the lot and back to the customer. And I also understand he was 200 miles from home, etc...but it doesn't appear (or he doesn't mention) that the dealer is hounding him about leaving the vehicle there, either.

Now, if the dealer just said straight up "There's no way we can do it in a week, but you can't leave it here for a month, either" then that would piss me off.

OTOH, he doesn't know 2 people who couldn't drive to Paducah and drive the truck home once the repair was done (since he would be out of the country)? I just don't get the "It must be done" aspect, if you wouldn't have a need for the vehicle for a month anyway.

2012 FORD F-250 Lariet Ultimate, Crewcab 4X4, 6.7 Diesel

($55,000) ride

I recently started out on a trip in my "NEW" F-250 (5,802 miles) and experienced a transmission failure near Paducah, KY on Sunday April 1st. I spent the night at a local area hotel and visited the local FORD dealer the next morning. Since I was only 200 miles from where I orginated my trip, I acquired a rental vehicle from the dealer and went back home and waited for the dealer to give me news of the issue with my new truck.

On Monday I conveyed to the dealer my need to have my truck back in my possession no later than Saturday April 8th as I would be leaving the country for one month on business. The dealer spent all day Monday playing email tag with a FORD tech line. I made contact with the FORD regional customer service rep. and conveyed the urgency that the truck be repaired no later than the following Saturday. At the end of the day I had no news from the dealer on the issue with the transmission.

On Tuesday, I spoke to the dealer and they stated they would be pulling the transmission. FORD believed I had an internal failure in the tranny. Again I spoke with the regional customer service rep. restaing the need to have the truck repaired by Saturday. The dealer spent the entire day on Tuesday getting the transmission out of the truck, a task that should have taken no more than 3 hours for any experienced mecanhic.

On Wednesday (1030 CST) the dealer had just ordered the parts to repair my truck. The dealer conveyed to me that all the parts would not arrive at the dealership until the following MONDAY. Again I contacted the regional customer service rep. I even asked to speak with that person's supervisor at (1130 CST), I did not recieve a return call until nearly (4:30CST) from that person. Again I conveyed my need to have my truck back in my possesion before I left the country on business and once again I was met with an attitude that FORD was not willing to do anything special to meet the very reasonable request to have my truck back to me in one buisness week. Keeping in mind there are numerous carriers that overnight parts all over America and taking in mind the FORD assembly line for the F-250 is in Louisville, KY a meer 200 miles from Paducah, KY.

The icing on the cake was when I inquired about how FORD proposed getting my truck back to my home 200 miles away with me now out of the country for one month and "their" rental car 200 from its origination point and the customer service rep indicated that would be my responsiblity.

As the owner of numerous FORD vehicles I'm disgusted by the lack of importance placed on repairing my NEW vehicle in less than one-week..... Its not even like I was jumping up and down over getting a rebuilt tranny..... I just simply needed the repairs done on a timely basis to settle the issue before I left the country..... As it stands today, I dont even have any idea how to resolve the issue of my truck being 200 miles away from where it should be while I'm out of the country.

Fuck em. Get rid of that piece of shit and buy a Chevy.

• Like 1