STAP News

youngSTAP

Today I heard the plant will go to one shift in January now, not April.

I also heard that there will be another annoucement in two months and they will announce that all plants that were slated to close in 2012 will close in 2008.

So there you have it.

yS

Today I heard the plant will go to one shift in January now, not April.

I also heard that there will be another annoucement in two months and they will announce that all plants that were slated to close in 2012 will close in 2008.

So there you have it.

yS

Oh yeah, I also heard that our next down weeks are as follows

PP's 34, 35, 38, 39, 41, 42, 45, 46, 47

yS!

I heard your not going to one shift. :shrug:

Can you elaborate a bit? we are in the dark on this....

so who thinks we will be one of the plants that are closing?

doesnt look too good for us .....

thats alot of down weeks even with the 4 day work week, the charger must be selling alot of cop cars ?

I am obviously not a Ford employee, but Automotive News reported that the CV and GM will be refreshed for 2009. Maybe the cars will be around until 2012.

Rumours brother, rumours. I heard the same speculation today.The down weeks are not rumours they are tentative weeks. Ride it out until the end if indeed it comes to that. Not much else you can do. Until the Wal-Mart sign goes up on the front of the plant, keep doing your job.

:titanic:

Working at STAP is like watching a slow death. Things just keep getting worse with nothing positive in the pipeline. Management has destroyed morale..The union is extremely placid. It is sad to see these those who still hold out hope for our future. The only thing missing is the "sorry we're closed sign", but I am sure Mark Fields has already ordered one, just need someone to make it official. What I would like to know is where does the union stand. How much more do they know that they are not telling us. Stap opinions would be appreciated :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:

Working at STAP is like watching a slow death. Things just keep getting worse with nothing positive in the pipeline. Management has destroyed morale..The union is extremely placid. It is sad to see these those who still hold out hope for our future. The only thing missing is the "sorry we're closed sign", but I am sure Mark Fields has already ordered one, just need someone to make it official. What I would like to know is where does the union stand. How much more do they know that they are not telling us. Stap opinions would be appreciated :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:

Hey Stap Guy I know thing's seem pretty bad but you know what ,we could be in the situation that Wixom is in or Atlanta or St.Louis or Norfolk but i think we still have a chance and please quit bashing the union because it's not there fault, it's this company that had no vision. The union has done a lot for this plant and if we had any other leadership we would be on one shift already and the junior people would be looking for an other job so I think we should support this leadership and hope that the future get's brighter. As far as the union not telling us anything I really believe they are in the dark.

Just my 2 cents

This is all true.

I think our union is trying to grab a dangling carrot(more investment) that Ford is never going to

let them have. That is why they are so placid. Hopefully our union will say enough is enough SOON.

People in the front office were babbling to non-Ford workers about the layoff being in January already and this was back when they 1st announced the 280 layoff. I think that the Union really is in the dark so if you want to find out what is going on just take turns hanging out around the front office for the real story.

Ford is playing like this is all new decision making - give me a break and :kissass: - they just want to string us along so we don't all abandon ship before they are ready for us to...we can't help but worry about the future of our families and all Ford worries about is their current dividend payout...

Yet another foreman is done today....Tim McFadden, Line 7/8 B-Shift.

The rats are always the first off the sinking ship.... :titanic:

yS!

McFadden may be bailing but it's to a good job that will keep him comfortable.

Just hope he dont drop the soap in the shower.

It was HOT HOT HOT today. A shift went home an hour early and B shift worked half hour on, half hour off most of the night, went home 15 mins early.

Heard some big shot lady exec is coming to out plant for a tour and to assess the future of our plant tomorrow.

Figures, she'll come on the hottest, most humid day of the year when we're the least productive.

yS!

You must watch for signs that they have zippo plans for you. Does anyone know whats going on at reseach and engineering in reguard to your products. If the answer is NONE then you have about two years to get your affairs in order Once they go to one shift you have 6mo. before they make the announcment.

IS your plant management team and their buds getting positions at other places, THEY allways move out about 1 year out and are replaced with up and commers or retirees. JUST get ready and save your money.

You must watch for signs that they have zippo plans for you. Does anyone know whats going on at reseach and engineering in reguard to your products. If the answer is NONE then you have about two years to get your affairs in order Once they go to one shift you have 6mo. before they make the announcment.

IS your plant management team and their buds getting positions at other places, THEY allways move out about 1 year out and are replaced with up and commers or retirees. JUST get ready and save your money.

Already way ahead of you guys 2 more months and my credit cards should be all paid off ... 1 1/2 years and my car is paid for ... and I already have a job all lined up and am currently working for..

Momma didn't raise no fools.

Already way ahead of you guys 2 more months and my credit cards should be all paid off ... 1 1/2 years and my car is paid for ... and I already have a job all lined up and am currently working for..

Momma didn't raise no fools.

$0 in Credit Cards, Loan paid off in December, Car lease up in December (no more new cars, fuck'em) Cell phone contract done in September, Part time job & a side business that can evolve into a full time job...

my mama didn't raise no fool either.....

yS

Yeah that's about all we can do pay off what we have to and treat things like STAP is going down. I'm bored with always worrying about are we going to get some new product or not. Well what I'm doing is treating it like we are closing and if things go for the better well lets get down to bussiness. If Ford closes those doors I will just shake my head because I know that, that plant even with some of the dead-beats is still one of the best top quality producing plants anywhere. Ford knows that and if they ignor it and decide to invest somewhere else then I say good luck you'll need it. Cheaper isn't always better. A company needs a workforce that has a solid history of quality and the competition knows that. All I can say to my fellow Ford workers that work hard and show up to work and give a damn. If Ford doesn't appreciate you and know of our potential then they can all POUND SALT! THE CLOCK IS TICKING AND THE ALARM IS GOING OFF DO YOU HEAR THE WAKE UP CALL! :finger:

This is not the case. Our chairman is a national negotiator and I believe Ford started here to see what he was made of.

After he was approached first in April, our chairman sat all the other stamping chairman down and told them what was coming. Everyone was supposed to stick together. As far as I am concerned he is the only chairman in the SBU with any credability, he lived up to his word.

They will be back because Ford wants the p-471 work here, and I have faith in my chairman and his bargaining team to get it done.

Rumor also has it that the Taurus my stick around a while longer and the Town car may go to St. Thomas. Things don't look that bad for BSP.

Read this in another thread...... seem other plants thing we're getting the TC now too....hmmmm...

yS!