Ford Has Built $1.5 Billion Business Licensing Blue Oval Products

Great news.

On a related note (hoping not to earn 2 consecutive tangent awards...), I was surprised to see a metric ton of GM merchandise at the Disney outlet store: Corvette and Camaro hats and tees, Pontiac (yes, Pontiac) jackets and whatnot... I guess with the temporary closure of Test Track at Epcot they emptied the gift shop into the outlet. Everything was 75% off.

There's definitely big business to be made on merchandise.

Great news.

On a related note (hoping not to earn 2 consecutive tangent awards...), I was surprised to see a metric ton of GM merchandise at the Disney outlet store: Corvette and Camaro hats and tees, Pontiac (yes, Pontiac) jackets and whatnot... I guess with the temporary closure of Test Track at Epcot they emptied the gift shop into the outlet. Everything was 75% off.

There's definitely big business to be made on merchandise.

Is GM the official vehicle of Cars / Cars 2? (I never saw 'em).

Is GM the official vehicle of Cars / Cars 2? (I never saw 'em).

Nope, the Cars movies have all sorts of vehicles in them. GM was the marquee sponsor of Epcot's TestTrack attraction, though it has been closed and will reopen as the "Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot" with a refurbished ride featuring only Chevrolet vehicles and signage.

Nope, the Cars movies have all sorts of vehicles in them. GM was the marquee sponsor of Epcot's TestTrack attraction, though it has been closed and will reopen as the "Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot" with a refurbished ride featuring only Chevrolet vehicles and signage.

Test Track was one of my favorite attractions at Epcot. We're getting something similar this summer at the new "Cars" land at The California Adventure. They're recreating Radiator Springs.

Last night on American Idol, Ford gave the two finalist mentors brand new 2013 Escapes and the two singers new 2013 Fusions. I assumed the two new Escapes were outside in parking lot as they both got keys, and Seacrest told the two singers that they would have to wait for their Fusions. I would say the new Escape is shipping although haven't shown up on lots around here yet. I would expect next week after holiday.

Test Track was one of my favorite attractions at Epcot.

Eww yuck. Color me unimpressed by it, even when I was younger. I hope the overhaul brings it up to the standards of other newer attractions like Soarin'.

Reminds me: I still miss Horizons at Epcot. :(

Edited by NickF1011

Eww yuck. Color me unimpressed by it, even when I was younger. I hope the overhaul brings it up to the standards of other newer attractions like Soarin'.

Track is staying the same, sets are being changed out to a very Tron-esque look

Reminds me: I still miss Horizons at Epcot. :(

You've seen my 2nd tattoo, right?

Track is staying the same, sets are being changed out to a very Tron-esque look

The track itself wasn't really the problem. It was the premise and execution of the storyline/setting that always seemed hokey.

You've seen my 2nd tattoo, right?

Negative, Ghostrider.

The track itself wasn't really the problem. It was the premise and execution of the storyline/setting that always seemed hokey.

Story is taking a slightly more futuristic tone, with guests designing their own vehicles in the queue and seeing how they work out over the course of the ride.

Negative, Ghostrider.

8.jpg

And with that, I fear I may have earned another Mr. Hamilton.

• Like 1

The singing finalist were offered a new Ford (GT500??? He didn't mention a dollar limit, but I'd bet on it), but Ryan said they could get the 2013 new Fusion they've been highlighting on Idol, but would have to wait. Since Jessica is only 16, she'll have to wait anyway!

Like movies, there is a lot of money in licensing products. joint developments like Transformers nets both the film producers and GM a lot of money. Some astute actors get a percentage of that too. (no word on George Hamilton getting suntan perks).

Edited by timmm55