Thousands of new Ford Escapes damaged in hail storm

I'm telling you this is one of the bunch damaged by the hail storm. At the very least, there were 30 small dents in the roof. They are easy to see at eye level. The Escape, being black and in the dimly lit showroom made it difficult to spot damage to the hood. Go to down to your local dealers and take a look at the Escapes on their lots. I interested to find out how many of the the hail damaged group have made it to dealerships. The Escapes at the dealerships now would be the ones that were in the hail storm. It shouldn't take long for this batch to be sold off.

wildosvt, troll, i think not. Previous owner of 77 Pinto and 91 Ranger Supercab. Ranger was best small truck in the market. My new car will be purchased on Nov.7, the day after Barack Hussein Obama is defeated. I've narrowed the picks down to a 2013 Fusion, a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and a 2013 Escape.

Hey Einstein, I'm just curious how you can be sure it was THAT hailstorm??

It was my understanding that the hail damaged Escape were never to be sold, infact almost all of them are in Dearbon right now in a huge parking lot. None of them were dumped on rental agencies either or repaired in anyway. I'm not sure what Ford will do with them but they are not to go to customers.

They are all going into Ford company service to the best of my understanding. The majority will be going to those active employees and retirees who are eligible for the company lease program (there was a special deal where employees could lease an incremental Escape at a discount). After that, they will be sold used.

BTW, I still don't have mine yet -- was built in early April. In addition to hail damage, also got caught up in the trim recall I suppose.

Edited by Austin

I'm telling you this is one of the bunch damaged by the hail storm. At the very least, there were 30 small dents in the roof. They are easy to see at eye level. The Escape, being black and in the dimly lit showroom made it difficult to spot damage to the hood. Go to down to your local dealers and take a look at the Escapes on their lots. I interested to find out how many of the the hail damaged group have made it to dealerships. The Escapes at the dealerships now would be the ones that were in the hail storm. It shouldn't take long for this batch to be sold off.

wildosvt, troll, i think not. Previous owner of 77 Pinto and 91 Ranger Supercab. Ranger was best small truck in the market. My new car will be purchased on Nov.7, the day after Barack Hussein Obama is defeated. I've narrowed the picks down to a 2013 Fusion, a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and a 2013 Escape.

So if Obama wins (as projected) you won't buy a new car? I'm watching a special on TV about tornadoes (and hail) storms. Very common in the Midwest.

Black is the MOST unforgiving of paint defects. Dimly lit or not. I've never seen a dimly lit showroom.

I'm telling you this is one of the bunch damaged by the hail storm.

How do you know, did someone from the dealership tell you this? My delivery was delayed because the first one built for me was damaged in the hail storm. The dealership I purchased it from said my original VIN one day just disappeared from the system.

Go to down to your local dealers and take a look at the Escapes on their lots.

I have, no hail damaged units to be seen.

I interested to find out how many of the the hail damaged group have made it to dealerships.

Are you sure they have?

The Escapes arriving at the dealerships now would be the ones that were in the hail storm.

The storm occurred in mid April, vehicles built in early to mid July are now showing up on dealer lots.

wildosvt, troll, i think not.

Are you sure?

My new car will be purchased on Nov.7, the day after Barack Hussein Obama is defeated.

Be careful what you wish for.

I've narrowed the picks down to a 2013 Fusion, a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and a 2013 Escape.

So the Escape is third on your list, with a Hyundai in the mix... good luck with that. Makes one think you're trolling a Ford Escape topic.

I came here to get some insight on the new Ford products. I reported exactly what I saw on a 2013 Escape at a local dealership. Are new cars of all makes sent out by inspectors as "good enough?" Hell yes, that 2001 Dodge Dakota I purchased was a prime example, crappy paint job, a leak that the dealer couldn't find and a front suspension that popped when making hard turns in either direction. I have found that this is not a site for Ford consumers or Ford owners. This sight is run by UAW thugs and you UAW thugs will soon get your deserved outcome. I hope and pray that Ford Motor Company lets your union contract lapse and fires every damn one of you, with the option of keeping your job as a non-union employee

Well guys, I'm happy to be here. I've been looking around for a new vehicle for my wife. I've whittled things down to 3 vehicles, all are 2013 models. I went to my local dealer here in Albany, GA to see if the new Fusions had arrived. No 2013 Fusions yet. The dealer had 3 2013 Escapes in inventory and I gave the one in the showroom a looking over. I have found a hail damaged Escape waiting to be sold as new. Hard to tell on the hood but, the roof did indeed have numerous small dents. Looks like the UAW guys just ran it back through the paint booth. Please, check the 2013 Escapes over good before buying. You may get a good deal on one if you catch them selling it as new.

I came here to get some insight on the new Ford products. I reported exactly what I saw on a 2013 Escape at a local dealership. Are new cars of all makes sent out by inspectors as "good enough?" Hell yes, that 2001 Dodge Dakota I purchased was a prime example, crappy paint job, a leak that the dealer couldn't find and a front suspension that popped when making hard turns in either direction. I have found that this is not a site for Ford consumers or Ford owners. This sight is run by UAW thugs and you UAW thugs will soon get your deserved outcome. I hope and pray that Ford Motor Company lets your union contract lapse and fires every damn one of you, with the option of keeping your job as a non-union employee

Here are your three posts in this topic. I've re-read them and I don't see any inquiry or requests for advice or insight on the 2013 Escape or the 2013 Fusion. If you just wanted information, all you had to do is read posts. If you took the time to read this forum, you would know what happened to the damaged Escapes and you would also know the new Fusion isn't scheduled to arrive at dealerships until late 2012. You started off making claims that you can not prove, and now you have bashed all UAW workers, not the best way to make friends. Why would a dealership put a damaged car on their showroom floor? If they did have a damaged car, from whatever source, I would think they would try to hide it on the lot. Do you really think a damaged car is the example they want everyone to see in an controlled environment under perfect lighting. Stick to your Hyundai forums and go have yourself a cup of TEA.

• Like 2

Yikes. Did you forget to take your meds?

I was a member of Ford management for over 30 years before I retired. I certainly was not always happy with the UAW, nor am I now, but every employee in the U.S. has the right to be represented by a union, regardless of what some right wing nut cases want to believe.

The UAW did not cause the hail storm. They -- like every other worker in the U.S. -- have the capability to build quality products, and there is no reason to believe they are not performing well in Louisville.

I seriously doubt that a hail-damaged vehicle actually was shipped for retail sale as I have mentioned in my previous posts. As I mentioned, I will be leasing a hail-damaged (but repaired) Escape as a company retiree on the lease car program; I'll tell everyone what it's like when it arrives. If you actually saw a hail-damaged vehicle, all you had to do was to point out the damage to the dealer; as far as I know, all retail orders that were placed that were hail-damaged were rebuilt.

Please save your "hopes and prayers" for something more important than ridding Ford of the UAW.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3

Here are your three posts in this topic. I've re-read them and I don't see any inquiry or requests for advice or insight on the 2013 Escape or the 2013 Fusion. If you just wanted information, all you had to do is read posts. If you took the time to read this forum, you would know what happened to the damaged Escapes and you would also know the new Fusion isn't scheduled to arrive at dealerships until late 2012. You started off making claims that you can not prove, and now you have bashed all UAW workers, not the best way to make friends. Why would a dealership put a damaged car on their showroom floor? If they did have a damaged car, from whatever source, I would think they would try to hide it on the lot. Do you really think a damaged car is the example they want everyone to see in an controlled environment under perfect lighting. Stick to your Hyundai forums and go have yourself a cup of TEA.

HA!

Yikes. Did you forget to take your meds?

I was a member of Ford management for over 30 years before I retired. I certainly was not always happy with the UAW, nor am I now, but every employee (EVERY EMPLOYEE!!!) in the U.S. has the right to be represented by a union, regardless of what some right wing nut cases want to believe.

The UAW did not cause the hail storm. They -- like every other worker in the U.S. -- have the capability to build quality products, and there is no reason to believe they are not performing well in Louisville.

I seriously doubt that a hail-damaged vehicle actually was shipped for retail sale as I have mentioned in my previous posts. As I mentioned, I will be leasing a hail-damaged (but repaired) Escape as a company retiree on the lease car program; I'll tell everyone what it's like when it arrives. If you actually saw a hail-damaged vehicle, all you had to do was to point out the damage to the dealer; as far as I know, all retail orders that were placed that were hail-damaged were rebuilt.

Please save your "hopes and prayers" for something more important than ridding Ford of the UAW.

Geez, is this troll Sunday?

First fgts crawls out from under his rock with his usual blather and now this yoyo.

Oh, I did point it out to the senior salesman, who happens to be a personal friend of mine of 20 years. I urged members to take close looks at these first arrivals and I get a bunch of crap back from zealots. Most folks don't know what to look for when buying new cars. Is it possible for a quality control guy to pass a vehicle as undamaged when it slightly damaged because, he or she thinks,"no one will ever notice." This scenario happens all the time with any number of consumer products. Shelling out $23,000 for a new vehicle is a big deal and a sub-par product is unacceptable for any kind of money. I run into GM zealots all the time, you know the ones in black Chevy pickups with the #3 and #88 decals on the back glass. I didn't think I would get that kind of junk here. So, my pointing out that an Escape had filtered through the system with hail damage is automatically false? Don't believe the media reports, go down and have a look for yourself. The attacks on me from the zealots has left a bad taste. Ford vehicles have been a part of my family for many years. My dad was a Ford mechanic for Haley Motors for a number of years. A 2001 Ford Ranger and a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis sit under his carport. I've owned 2 Fords but, some knuckle-draggers attack me for pointing out a fact. I stand by my statement of hail damage found. Don't like it, tough crap. It sucks to have blinders on. Screw you UAW monkies and your stinking money laundering scheme you've got going on with crooked politicians.

Edited by tankmt

Oh, I did point it out to the senior salesman, who happens to be a personal friend of mine of 20 years. I urged members to take close looks at these first arrivals and I get a bunch of crap back from zealots. Most folks don't know what to look for when buying new cars. Is it possible for a quality control guy to pass a vehicle as undamaged when it slightly damaged because, he or she thinks,"no one will ever notice." This scenario happens all the time with any number of consumer products. Shelling out $23,000 for a new vehicle is a big deal and a sub-par product is unacceptable for any kind of money. I run into GM zealots all the time, you know the ones in black Chevy pickups with the #3 and #88 decals on the back glass. I didn't think I would get that kind of junk here. So, my pointing out that an Escape had filtered through the system with hail damage is automatically false? Don't believe the media reports, go down and have a look for yourself. The attacks on me from the zealots has left a bad taste. Ford vehicles have been a part of my family for many years. My dad was a Ford mechanic for Haley Motors for a number of years. A 2001 Ford Ranger and a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis sit under his carport. I've owned 2 Fords but, some knuckle-draggers attack me for pointing out a fact. I stand by my statement of hail damage found. Don't like it, tough crap. It sucks to have blinders on. Screw you UAW monkies and your stinking money laundering scheme you've got going on with crooked politicians.

Honestly your posts do come off trollish... it can be a simple misunderstanding but we get a lot of trolls around here, so we are a bit sensitive to it. However devolving to calling us all "UAW monkies" is classic troll. I would wager most of the active posters here don't work for Ford at a corporate level. Most of us just enjoy our Ford products.

It is possible that an Escape that was hail damaged escaped (pardon the pun) the factory as a new car but it is highly unlikely. Ford made very clear that the cars would go into corporate leases. It is very possible that the Escape you saw was damaged by hail after it got shipped. (Hail storms denting a car is pretty common)

:beerchug:

1. Oh, I did point it out to the senior salesman, who happens to be a personal friend of mine of 20 years. I urged members to take close looks at these first arrivals and I get a bunch of crap back from zealots. 2. Most folks don't know what to look for when buying new cars. 3. Is it possible for a quality control guy to pass a vehicle as undamaged when it slightly damaged because, he or she thinks,"no one will ever notice." This scenario happens all the time with any number of consumer products. Shelling out $23,000 for a new vehicle is a big deal and a sub-par product is unacceptable for any kind of money. 4. I run into GM zealots all the time, you know the ones in black Chevy pickups with the #3 and #88 decals on the back glass. I didn't think I would get that kind of junk here. 5. So, my pointing out that an Escape had filtered through the system with hail damage is automatically false? Don't believe the media reports, go down and have a look for yourself. The attacks on me from the zealots has left a bad taste. Ford vehicles have been a part of my family for many years. My dad was a Ford mechanic for Haley Motors for a number of years. A 2001 Ford Ranger and a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis sit under his carport. I've owned 2 Fords but, some knuckle-draggers attack me for pointing out a fact. I stand by my statement of hail damage found. Don't like it, tough crap. It sucks to have blinders on. 6. Screw you UAW monkies and your stinking money laundering scheme you've got going on with crooked politicians.

1. No, you didn't point out that the senior salesman was a long time friend, that still doesn't prove anything.

2. "Most folks" can see that a car is damaged and any reputable dealership or salesman wouldn't try to pass one off as undamaged.

3. It's always possible for a defective product to slip by, but 3500 damaged cars is not one or two items. And to say someone who's job it is to spot defects would deliberately allow something to pass is an insult.

4. There you go again with that special way you have of making friends. Not everything is what you think it is just because you say so.

5. Your also implying that there's more than one. To make the statement on a National and World wide forum for folks to go to their local dealerships means you think there are more out there. Perhaps it's a National conspiracy cooked up by the Kenyans 51 years ago to sell inferior products to American Ford buyers turning them towards Hyundai's.

6. What the hell does that mean. Are you implying that the Republican controlled House of Representatives and specifically the TEA Party members led by Michelle Bachman, is laundering money through Ford Motor Company, the only American auto company to NOT participate in the very successful Government assistance program to save millions of jobs and create thousands more, in an effort to bring down the American way of life so they can rebuild it with all the great ideas they have presented? Is that what that means?

That was fun, but I'm out.

Edited by transitman