Sterling Axle

rebjim

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The late Mark Scott would have been proud and would have approved of you leaving the building :rockon:

Indeed, it's too bad he left us too early. For those of you who don't know who he was: He was truly a warrior and spokesperson for the common man. An asskicking ex-Marine libertarian who had his own talk radio show on WXYZ/WXYT 1270 AM on and off for 20 years... Talk about a wealth of knowledge... WOW! And believe me HE WOULDN'T TAKE ANY CRAP FROM NO-ONE. I MEAN NO-ONE!

We need more voices like him now more than ever! Wouldn't be a bad career idea... The opportunities are endless!

Bord of Pisteon,

Good bye, Good night, Good luck.

No new updates, other than the place is :censored: up big time. They don't even know what the hell to do. People walking around saying they are on a special project! Had a guy tell me yesterday he is on a special project for the company. He works in dept 109. My buddy asked his committee man where dept 109 is because he is supposed to be in it too. The committee man told him that that dept. is in the parking lot! Figure it out folks. Everyone is walking around in denial. "This can't happen to me!" What the hell is wrong with these people? The beginning of the end has started. The plant will be dead within 5 years at the rate it is going. There is nothing in place to slow down the train wreck. God bless.

Bord of Pisteon,

Good bye, Good night, Good luck.

No new updates, other than the place is :censored: up big time. They don't even know what the hell to do. People walking around saying they are on a special project! Had a guy tell me yesterday he is on a special project for the company. He works in dept 109. My buddy asked his committee man where dept 109 is because he is supposed to be in it too. The committee man told him that that dept. is in the parking lot! Figure it out folks. Everyone is walking around in denial. "This can't happen to me!" What the hell is wrong with these people? The beginning of the end has started. The plant will be dead within 5 years at the rate it is going. There is nothing in place to slow down the train wreck. God bless.

When the people on tlo in dept 17 were brought back the people that were there were sent to dept 109 (job banks). they were placed throughout the plant on the wrif sheet to cover for the people that retired until the job posting are done. hope this helps

There is still a lot of confusion around the plant. They are filling all the empty spots with people who were tlo or reduced out of a dept. I saw a tlo list on the trades board today. They must be getting ready to dump a bunch of depts or shifts. October 1 is what I keep hearing. We will see. If they start dumping trades you know production is hit.

If anyone knows or hears anything about our plant feel free to chime in. Heard a good one Friday. Van Dyke is laying off skilled trades supposedly. With the joint trades agreement between our two plants those who get laid off can bump trades at Sterling. I know we do not have a transfer agreement anymore, I am not sure about trades. What I heard is those trades being laid off have an avg. of 12 years seniority. When they bump to Sterling, the Sterling trades to get bumped go back to production. Therefore the seniority list changes again with additional people on the floor. I don't think this will happen anyway. This is something I heard anyone who may have heard feel free to reply.

Hey dog, yes trades will be getting laid off in the future (within 2 month's or so). No they will not be taking any skilled jobs at sterling. They will be going back to production if they came from production (return to basic unit). There is going to be movement both ways because of trades going back to production. With V.D.'s new c.o.a. (that the membership did not have a chance to vote on) there will be approx. 214 fewer trades by next year. Probably at least 60 or 70 are originally from sterling. Our bargaining com. accepted this new agreement for new work and in the process gave away the powerhouse, general stores, building maint (doors, dock locks, fans,lighting. parking lot, washers,deburrs,etc.) cleaners, material handling, and most of the fab shop. On top of that there will be contractors putting in the new work, while they lay off trades. I never thought I would see the day the u.a.w. would allow all this to happen (plant vs. plant, etc.). I have no problem giving things up to help FoMoCo, but you cannot allow the membership to cut each others throats to get work. The international should have a blanket c.o.a. and let ford decide what plants to keep. If we whipsaw against each other where is the solidarity? Do you know how things are in the annex(75,78,72,95)?

If anyone knows or hears anything about our plant feel free to chime in. Heard a good one Friday. Van Dyke is laying off skilled trades supposedly. With the joint trades agreement between our two plants those who get laid off can bump trades at Sterling. I know we do not have a transfer agreement anymore, I am not sure about trades. What I heard is those trades being laid off have an avg. of 12 years seniority. When they bump to Sterling, the Sterling trades to get bumped go back to production. Therefore the seniority list changes again with additional people on the floor. I don't think this will happen anyway. This is something I heard anyone who may have heard feel free to reply.

The joint trades agreement between the two plants is only for new apprentices going on course. I dont see much of that happening for a LONG time. All the idiots (at both plants) that were happy about the transfer agreement being broken, will be crying the blues. Somebody being happy that they have one less door to walk through, I will never understand.

I am on the waiting list for trades, like you said that will probably never happen again. I did see a small tlo list for skilled trades at our plant. It was mostly welders from what I saw. Our plant looks like a church on a weekday. You walk around and you don't see anyone. I keep hearing about layoffs in October, Ford is supposed to make an announcement in the next week about the new way forward plan. I am surprised we are still working now. They don't need the parts we are making, so maybe we are building up for a two week layoff. I know the woods will be packed with hunters if rumors are true!

The joint trades agreement between the two plants is only for new apprentices going on course. I dont see much of that happening for a LONG time. All the idiots (at both plants) that were happy about the transfer agreement being broken, will be crying the blues. Somebody being happy that they have one less door to walk through, I will never understand.

I agree, Transman

I can see nothing has changed as of late... Where's all the other people from Sterling?

I heard they cut a shift in Dept.42

1 month min.

I heard she was pretty messed up. She is a good woman, I can only hope she recovers quick. I feel for the guy that hit her, can't imagine what he is going through. That whole area is a mess. Over by the new 10.5 line you have to walk right next to where they load the carriers on the way in. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. No one needs to get hurt, no excuse for it.

Well that's the end result of some of these knuckleheads who are more concerned about their company counts than the welfare of their co-workers.

How's the stockpile going anyway? Heard it's getting to the point where you can even barely walk anywhere in the plant. What's that tell you? :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

Hope your union is on this one or have they once again dropped the ball? Same goes as the plant manager... Another injury there doesn't surprise me at all! Not at all.

Whoever mentioned the 5 mph limit on moving vehicles... :hysterical: What a joke that is! You got hi-lo drivers who hot dog in and out of isles... WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING HURRY ASSHOLES?

I heard she was pretty messed up. She is a good woman, I can only hope she recovers quick. I feel for the guy that hit her, can't imagine what he is going through. That whole area is a mess. Over by the new 10.5 line you have to walk right next to where they load the carriers on the way in. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. No one needs to get hurt, no excuse for it.

With the way that place is run and the supply/demand issues going on right now. I hope that never becomes the case... But listen to me when I say THAT JOB WAS HASTILY PUT UP WAY TOO FAST... Let's not see another incident because of it due to POOR PLANNING, LOGISTICS AND ENGINEERING! There's too much of that shit going on anyway... YOU OUGHT TO KNOW!

Edited by {CARD-SHARK}

A quote from Sterling worker on the Local 600 sucks thread:

"Shit we voted a new C.O.A. at Sterling last year, and they said we might get more work! one year later and we are losing work and people..... "

Who's they? Your elected leadership assholes across the street on Mound Road? :hysterical:

I guess when "Bored of Pisteon" was still around describing the flaws of the C.O.A. in brief and brought this issue up not only on this thread but on the Sterling updates thread also... He may have been right after all! :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Well that's the end result of some of these knuckleheads who are more concerned about their company counts than the welfare of their co-workers.

How's the stockpile going anyway? Heard it's getting to the point where you can even barely walk anywhere in the plant. What's that tell you? :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

Hope your union is on this one or have they once again dropped the ball? Same goes as the plant manager... Another injury there doesn't surprise me at all! Not at all.

Whoever mentioned the 5 mph limit on moving vehicles... :hysterical: What a joke that is! You got hi-lo drivers who hot dog in and out of isles... WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING HURRY ASSHOLES?

With the way that place is run and the supply/demand issues going on right now. I hope that never becomes the case... But listen to me when I say THAT JOB WAS HASTILY PUT UP WAY TOO FAST... Let's not see another incident because of it due to POOR PLANNING, LOGISTICS AND ENGINEERING! There's too much of that shit going on anyway... YOU OUGHT TO KNOW!

Sorry to hear that a lady got hurt by a raymond up there, should not have happened. I hope that the union is on top of this and gets to the truth of the matter. With all the stuff you say that is getting stacked here, there, and everywhere, got a question.WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE HEALTH AND SAFETY REP? I wonder if it the same one that was there when I left back in 2004?

Sorry to hear that a lady got hurt by a raymond up there, should not have happened. I hope that the union is on top of this and gets to the truth of the matter. With all the stuff you say that is getting stacked here, there, and everywhere, got a question.WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE HEALTH AND SAFETY REP? I wonder if it the same one that was there when I left back in 2004?

Yep... Now let's hear your thoughts! I'm sure I won't find one disagreement in them as always! In fact I think you should let it fly on how you really feel from then right up on to now. You read the information for yourself! Makes for great reading!!!

Edited by {CARD-SHARK}

this is probably a dumb question...but is Sterling Axle considered an ACH plant?

That is a million dollar question at this point. Sign says Ford. When labor cuts checks they say ACH. When salary logs in to the computer, the password is ACH. If we are still under ACH(and we are), than the conclusion is that we will close by the end of 2008 right? We are supposedly under Ford, but don't forget that when we voted on the Ford return our local missed the deadline by a week. We are currently under a probationary period with Ford. If we can show profitability than good for us! With the current mgt. team look for us to remain ACH and be doomed. Someone better clear this up for us. If we are closing, you can show me the money.