Length from Order to Arrival

VaporEdge

zeeman and vapor must both be 1.6 EcoBoosts?

Ours is a 1.6 and we really like it so far. Put about 200 miles on it today and so far I am very impressed. Car drives well, has a good solid feel and so far the MFT is working with no problems. the 1.6 has plenty of power as far as I am concerned.

Thanks! That's where I originally read it. It was one of the MANY documents I download and read when I was first shopping... They certainly sounded more delicate than traditional allow wheels and finishes...

From page 4 of the 22 page brochure titled "2013 Escape The Product Information Book".

Smart finish

The 18-inch wheels, optional on SE and SEL, use an

advanced ”plating” technology called Physical Vapor

Deposition (PVD) to produce the “chrome” finish.

PVD combines vacuum plating with powder coating

as a replacement for the traditional chrome plating

process. One benefit of PVD is reduced weight. While

traditional chrome is metal based, PVD is not.

PLEASE NOTE: Customers should NOT use

traditional chrome cleaners when cleaning wheels

with a PVD coating, as the chemicals and abrasives

will ruin the protective clearcoat and eventually

degrade the PVD layer. The wheels should be cleaned

with soap and water or a mild approved cleaner.(1)

Let's see if I can attach the PDF...2013 Escape Prod Info.pdf

Stop by the dealer and got my VIN # for my ordered Titanium. Going to be built tomorrow!! Very excited!! Hope the folks at the plant don't get too smashed today celebrating Labor Day. :reading: Looked up my window sticker and there it was. Ordered 8/20 and due at dealer around 9/17. Man that is fast. All the 2012 escapes are pretty much gone from this dealers lot. And it looks like the 13's are selling pretty darn good. They can't really keep them on the lot. I live in Fairfax, Virginia and the dealer is Ted Britt Ford.

My wife and I put in an order for a 2013 Escape Titanium on 8/8. The order hasn't been scheduled, and we are still waiting on a VIN. Has anyone else had the same experience? Is this a dealership issue, or is Ford backed up?

It depends on the exact status. My old order was hanging for 2 months with "unscheduled-compatibility" due to some mistake. If it's unscheduled and 'clean' then it's probably just a low volume dealer so Ford is not in a hurry.

You can check the order status with Ford customer support - 800-392-FORD (3673). They usually ask for VIN, but actually dealer# plus order# is enough. Ford representatives' knowledge varies wildly - one person spent 15 minutes consulting with someone, contacting my dealer and in the end didn't provide any useful info; the other found the order in a minute and just told me the status.

My wife and I put in an order for a 2013 Escape Titanium on 8/8. The order hasn't been scheduled, and we are still waiting on a VIN. Has anyone else had the same experience? Is this a dealership issue, or is Ford backed up?

Hmmm, hard to say. You put your location down as "USA". Doesn't really help. What Leon said is spot on. Could be you are dealing with a low volume dealer? If so, they don't have as many allocations as large volume dealers. Did you get an order confirmation sheet from the dealer? If so, call Ford ^ and use the info on it to at least get the estimated build date. That's what I did using the order # and dealer # on my confirmation sheet. If they give you that then go by your dealer and ask to see the inventory manager. That person can then pull all your info (VIN included) from Ford and give you a printout. Did you put a deposit down??? Is it refundable?? Unless you are many miles away from the next dealer you don't have to put up with poor customer service if this one is not to your satisfaction.

Hmmm, hard to say. You put your location down as "USA". Doesn't really help. What Leon said is spot on. Could be you are dealing with a low volume dealer? If so, they don't have as many allocations as large volume dealers. Did you get an order confirmation sheet from the dealer? If so, call Ford ^ and use the info on it to at least get the estimated build date. That's what I did using the order # and dealer # on my confirmation sheet. If they give you that then go by your dealer and ask to see the inventory manager. That person can then pull all your info (VIN included) from Ford and give you a printout. Did you put a deposit down??? Is it refundable?? Unless you are many miles away from the next dealer you don't have to put up with poor customer service if this one is not to your satisfaction.

The dealer mainly handles fleet purchases and large truck orders. They don't sell cars. I really like the sales guys at the dealership. There is none of the sales manager or inventory manager foolishness, and none of the "let me go see if he'll take your offer" middle man headaches. I absolutely want to get my Escape from this dealership if possible. At the same time, my wife and I have a baby due any day now, and my 2-door Focus ZX-3 just isn't going to make a very good family hauler. It is going to be a major headache getting a baby seat in there.

I called Ford today and gave them the dealer and order codes. All the woman could tell me was that my order had not yet been scheduled. She said there was nothing else she could tell me or anything she could do.

I called Ford today and gave them the dealer and order codes. All the woman could tell me was that my order had not yet been scheduled. She said there was nothing else she could tell me or anything she could do.

There might be different details levels depending on the entry point to the Ford tracking system - dealer, Ford CS, Ford employees... Try to ask your sales person to track the order. Or hang around the forum, get 10+ posts and ask cyberdman to track it.

Ordered my SEL 2.0 on 8/28 - Dealer says minimum 2 weeks for VIN.

Yeah, that sounds about right. i was told 2 weeks for the VIN. I felt bad about calling the dealer AGAIN and bugging them for it so I called Ford CS. They were very nice and using my dealer order sheet told me that a VIN did in fact exist but they can't give it to me. Has to come from the dealer. That's cool,Ii understand that. Got the VIN. Ordered 8/11, built 9/4. Goes to Jessup, MD. From there trucked to dealer. scheduled delivery 9/17

Edited by Escapism

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 8/28

Got a build week of 1st week of Oct. And via a gracious lady on another forum, I've got a VIN!!! 1FMCU9H96DUB34997.

I stopped by the dealer today - they had the build week, but not the VIN (?), and nonw of the salesmen had a clue as to the memory stored in the B-pillar Keypad!!

Things are looking up!

Our titanium order placed 8/8 is still in limbo, with no VIN. The dealer says the holdup is being caused by a shortage of tonneau covers at the factory. Has anyone heard the same, or heard otherwise?

That seems really odd. Why would they hold up orders just for an accessory item that can be handed to you later. Ordered mine on 8/11 and I am driving around in it since last Saturday and it came with the cover. Your location says USA so I can't tell if maybe its a low volume dealer that is the problem.

I'll ship mine to the factory so they can build your car. The window shade IMHO is a worthless piece of crap - all it does is get in the way when you want to put the seats down and haul something big like a few beer kegs. When I want to haul around my gold bricks I rent an enclosed trailer.