Ford recalls 11k 2013 Escapes due to fire concern, will pick up from owners

The damaged fuel line parts came from a company called TI Automotive. TI Automotive was founded in 1919 as Tube Investmentmens Ltd in Birmingham, England. 18,500 employees at 130 locations in 28 countries.

Some of the fuel lines were "mechanically scored" at TI's Ashley Indiana plant.

http://www.tiautomot...arrying-systems

Edited by JasonM

Congratulations. You've officially turned into p71_crownvic.

Sure I'll be P71, whoever that is, if you want to start throwing lables around to make yourself feel better. Whatever. But first let me ask a few questions before we officially dub me as P whoever. Who am I exactly when I openly support your decision to buy a first year model of the Fusion and further openly state that the Fusion has always been a solid and reliable vehicle? Who am I then akirby? Because I've stated numerous times on this forum that the Fusion is a quality car. Who am I when I openly state on this forum that the Mustang is the best sports coupe for the money on the market? Because I've openly stated that several times I'm sure. Am I P71 then too? Gosh I wonder who I am over on the Toyota forum when I am openly critical of the new FR-S as being a half hearted attempt at a sports coupe with a lousy cheap interior that is overpriced by about 6 grand given the level of performance that the buyer is going to get. Am I then the P71 of the Toyota forum? I mean one would think that given my decision to buy a Corolla and a crew cab Tacoma that I would be some big flag waving Toyota fan boy right? And yet I have been critical of the FR-S for months now. It's underpowered and overpriced. It couldn't even beat the V6 Mustang on a 1.8 mile road course where its supposed to be "the car to have" according to the press. I find it curious that no matter how much praise I heap on the Fusion and the Mustang that no one ever says "hey we are tired of hearing how great the Fusion is. Just move on." lol So label me if you must. If that makes you feel better, have at it. But let me now tell you who I am not. I am not some overly zealous fanboy that latches on to a particular car company with fanatical fervor and decides that said company can do no wrong and even when that company does mess up, well its ok because its not as bad as that other company messed up. A car is either good or it isn't. If its good I'll say its good. I'll say it a hundred times. Heck I'll say it a thousand. If its bad, . . . .same thing.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

You had a defective tranny and your dealer refused to acknowledge it and you refused to go to another dealer. Then you went out and bought a Corolla and proclaimed it the best vehicle ever. Then because you had problems you start telling everyone that all Focus' have tranny problems. They don't. I own one. Other people here own one. They're not defective and with the latest software there have been NO complaints that I've seen or heard of.

Get over it already or be labeled accordingly.

You had a defective tranny and your dealer refused to acknowledge it and you refused to go to another dealer. Then you went out and bought a Corolla and proclaimed it the best vehicle ever. Then because you had problems you start telling everyone that all Focus' have tranny problems. They don't. I own one. Other people here own one. They're not defective and with the latest software there have been NO complaints that I've seen or heard of.

Get over it already or be labeled accordingly.

I never proclaimed the Corolla to be the best vehicle ever. It is a good car, however.

Edited by BlackHorse

I liked the Focus a lot actually, . . . at first. But we all know how that turned out. Oh and by the way mine wasn't the only Focus by a long shot that had a crappy transmission so lets not try to make this out like its just me. In fact I got yet another letter from Ford just a few weeks ago informing me that I need to bring my Focus in and have yet another software patch put on the transmission because it might be having driveablity issues. YA THINK?! lol

No, it's not just you. But it is just you who brings it up in every thread you post in, regardless of the topic. And before this thread is hijacked any further...

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 2