rousch outside of assembly plants doing campaigns and repairs

mbrow467

This is the second time in a year this has happened. Rousch (NON UNION)is brought in by Ford or the plant to repair cars and do campaigns is this happening at other plants? They are at our Mod Center not inside the plant.

They (Rousch) worked our MOD Center (CAP) for a month or two or three... Hell, they still may be out in the DT Lots somewhere.... just waiting..... I thought there were big birds circling over our MOD Center??? Nope just Rousch. :shades:

As long as ALL REPAIR members were utilized, that was there reasoning for the use of the non union people working....

Decker

1 of the 1788

People will never understand things are not like they were 25 years ago, now days the union could care less about non union labor working cause they are too busy kissing the company's ass!

AMEN Brother!! That’s why, when Michigan goes Right To Work at the end of this year (right after the ballot proposal fails, impowering the sitting Repubican legislators) UAW is in deep trouble as people will opt out due to the IUAW's unwillingness and inability to do the job we pay them to do...PROTECT THE WORKERS AND THEIR RIGHTS!!

IUAW has drifted way to far from the principals that the Union was founded upon. The same principals that workers organized to fix, are now being broken by the very people that are supposed to fight for us.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 2

AMEN Brother!! That’s why, when Michigan goes Right To Work at the end of this year (right after the ballot proposal fails, impowering the sitting Repubican legislators) UAW is in deep trouble as people will opt out due to the IUAW's unwillingness and inability to do the job we pay them to do...PROTECT THE WORKERS AND THEIR RIGHTS!!

IUAW has drifted way to far from the principals that the Union was founded upon. The same principals that workers organized to fix, are now being broken by the very people that are supposed to fight for us.

It's hardly surprising given the level of participation that we have in our locals. If i may be so bold, the company knows that the workers won't back the unions and that the leadership can not make it happen so we are screwed. We are caught in a loop of our own making, weak membership weak leadership and the cycle continues.

Too often have a I heard that we need a democratic vote on the president of the UAW by the same people who refuse to attend their locals meetings where you actually get to vote on things. Perhaps not the level of things that you wish, but a true democratic vote none the less.

• Like 1

It's hardly surprising given the level of participation that we have in our locals. If i may be so bold, the company knows that the workers won't back the unions and that the leadership can not make it happen so we are screwed. We are caught in a loop of our own making, weak membership weak leadership and the cycle continues.

Too often have a I heard that we need a democratic vote on the president of the UAW by the same people who refuse to attend their locals meetings where you actually get to vote on things. Perhaps not the level of things that you wish, but a true democratic vote none the less.

Lots of people are dis-enchanted with the union after attending meetings. Lets be realistic here, Most meetings are nothing more than a bitchfest, making them a total waste of time. Far too often, anything that comes up for a vote is already gauranteed as those wanting it somehow gett he numbers of people to attend that normally don't, in order to pass things. As far as the local leadership...Yes, most are very week, and that will remain the case as long as they don't have the international backing them up. Our current leadership at the international level has proven to be totally useless at getting anything done that actually helps the membership. And in all reality, they thing you get to vote on, are only things that affect the local, or unit. NATIONAL matters should be voted on by ALL members, as we ALL have a stake in the outcome. Teamsters can do it...WE CAN TO...but that will never be allowed as it would take power away from appointed assholes that should never have been in power at all.

• Like 1

This is the second time in a year this has happened. Rousch (NON UNION)is brought in by Ford or the plant to repair cars and do campaigns is this happening at other plants? They are at our Mod Center not inside the plant.

At 4:30 pm today @ CAP our Plant Chairman put Roush out of our MOD Center.

The Chairs stance is Full Utilizition of our workforce before, utilizing an outside workforce.

Hang in CAP, the regularly over used, most times used for everything under the sun, pharse.... "Work for a Change".... may just be working.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Decker, the last couple threads have actually made me proud of CAP UAW. Has your Chairman had an experience that has changed their stance torwards the company? It seems as though your Chairman and a few others are figuring out that the IUAW is in collusion with the company. What is the reaction from the membership? Are they waking up and rallying? Maybe there is hope!

• Like 2

I have found that best thing you can do is encourage someone you really admire , respect, and trust to run for office.

Remind them as much as possible that they need someone who is not looking to go downtown to run.

Don't vote for the popular person or re-elect someone because you listen to all the scare tactics they put out if they don't get re-elected.

They always say if they are not reelected you wont get any future product.

Let me tell you, if you get or don't get future product is because Ford whats it, not the Union.

They want that corrupt guy to stay in office so its business as usual.

They don't want the guy who fights for you no matter what the IUAW says.

Anyone who will retaliate against you for running against them or the people under them is someone you need to send packing.

One last thing. The LAST people you want to go to the convention is ANYONE in office.

They will aways vote for IUAW pay raises, and people running for IUAW offices with no opposition because they want to go downtown and will do anything to get there!

The best people to go are those who are not afraid to speak up.

• Like 2

Decker, the last couple threads have actually made me proud of CAP UAW. Has your Chairman had an experience that has changed their stance torwards the company? It seems as though your Chairman and a few others are figuring out that the IUAW is in collusion with the company. What is the reaction from the membership? Are they waking up and rallying? Maybe there is hope!

As for an experience well, I for one have seen our Chairman open up communication with more and more members regardless of who they are or what he has been told about the different members from the old school types.

The man has become aware of those that can only push the negative side of anything for their own personal gain. He listens to input then moves on to check into different points of view for the benefits that can be had. Looking beyond his own political gain, he has a following now because of that. Using older members for their background and experience in the contract along with looking to the transferee`s for the different experiences that they bring from their other plants is an asset that hasn`t been applied here at CAP. Ever.

We, like so many other locals have been our own worst enemy, Along with how the IUAW will play one against the another, the locals have been pitted against each other for years. Here at CAP we still have the old political BullShit but those in that mind set see some writing on the wall that they have never seen before. We have so much communication going on that it is hard to use the old political ways of with holding information and putting out half truthes or just the bald faced lies that have worked to keep the membership completely confused.

Now we still have those that for what ever mentally challenged reason, have to start the bullshit rumors but, lately these mentally weak souls have been catching hell from the members that have good communications on their side.

I will go as far as this, CAP is doing what our Union was built on. We can only hope that this movement will gather strength. I for one can now see that light of hope clearer than ever before, In all the years of being a member and sitting on the floor at the Consitutional Convention as a delegate I can state with total confidence.... I AM PROUD OF THE MEMBERSHIP AND IT`S LEADERS HERE AT CHICAGO ASSEMBLY.

If you noticed.... not one time was that silly ass word used ...."Change". It seems to be so over used and has lost it`s meaning and apeal here at CAP. More and more the members grab their books and "DO" what Union Members should "DO". Communicate with each other and don`t be afraid to make a mistake, correct it with good communication and the truth.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

OHAP let over a thousand vehicles be taken up to Michigan to be repaired by Rousch. They also outsourced the repairs to other NON UNION shops despite the fact that they had a UNION dealer with more than enough repair bays willing to take the vehicles! Our union chairman rolled over the membership on this one and did nothing and even said he'd do it again if the situation arose.....

• Like 1

Well, Roush is back.....

After a phone call (text, e-mail or tweet I don`t know) from Ford (who ever) to the IUAW and/or Ford National Department, (maybe Jimmy) the term "Full Utilization" was flowing out of every management mouth at the plant like a trip to a bad restraurant.....

Ok, no repair classified members on TLO... no repair classified members displaced.... no repair classified members reduced out of the classification.... BAM!!! "Full Utilization"

So, the question about "hours worked" was brought up. If Roush is working 12 hours a day and there are repair classified members not working 12 hours a day are these members eligible for the overtime??? Yes, No or maybe? At this point no text, e-mail or tweet yet.... Hey!! someone check facebook maybe they released something on the IUAW facebook page?

One thing for sure full utilization applies to work within a classification. If your working outside your classification you don`t count towards full utilization..... One thing that keeps coming up is the statement "I usually repair when they need help". This is a fact, work outside your classification and it may be a good thing at times but, it can be a big let down also.

I believe this is a subject that will need to be fought for in the next negotiations. Classifications. Just take a look at the second tier members, they can bid on what ever the hell they want and can receive the classification..... is there any increase in money involved? But, thats another topic. (rambling)

Hang in there CAP, just remember our leaders did stop it. (a short stoppage is better then no stoppage) Remember, keep your arms tucked in and your head down, this could be the beginning of a long fight..... :slap:

Edited by Decker

Lots of people are dis-enchanted with the union after attending meetings. Lets be realistic here, Most meetings are nothing more than a bitchfest, making them a total waste of time. Far too often, anything that comes up for a vote is already gauranteed as those wanting it somehow gett he numbers of people to attend that normally don't, in order to pass things.

I wish i could say that your wrong about how things work out at meetings but I can not. The one thing to keep in mind is that if no one goes and no ones bitches then many things slide through because they are not within your circle of everyday life. Yes, a large amount of gossip gets around but many things do not. So we are left to judge the actions of leadership and others solely on what we might hear, or what happens directly to us.

As far as the local leadership...Yes, most are very week, and that will remain the case as long as they don't have the international backing them up. Our current leadership at the international level has proven to be totally useless at getting anything done that actually helps the membership. And in all reality, they thing you get to vote on, are only things that affect the local, or unit. NATIONAL matters should be voted on by ALL members, as we ALL have a stake in the outcome. Teamsters can do it...WE CAN TO...but that will never be allowed as it would take power away from appointed assholes that should never have been in power at all.

I'm fairly certain that you don't want to get the right to vote for top positions the way that the Teamsters did.

The main issue is not Roush....

The main issue is what the hell are we producing so many units and I mean across the complete model line up, with so many defects? The "Full Utilization" is true, all our repair people are working on every possible defect and parts that lets just say can`t be looked at by incoming quality much less by any quality inspectors where the parts are being made.

We have units that Roush can`t or even want to start on, engine changes, trans changes, wrong rear sub assemblies, electrical failures and on and on.... oh, and the plastic hoods on those 60k MKS`s.... what a screw up that is. Oh, hears one for a giggle, how many units can have the same VIN#? Clue, here at CAP its not just one.....

I have no idea what the chairman might be getting at any other plant that has the Roush infection but, here at CAP the Chairman has help making up his mine about Roush and making members work 12 hour shifts because of yep, you guessed it, parts shortages. It seems there were at least 4 pretty new IUAW jackets floating around the HR office today. Seems they were here looking for the donuts..... they were told they would have to head to DTP for the donuts so after they put their two cents in, and waved the magic IUAW staff.... Roush was given the OkeeDoeKee and the members were told they had to work 12. (emergency you know) They said their fairwells and headed east on 94.... Get the donuts ready DTP.

Is it just us here at CAP? or is the organized labor movement kinda screwed up? :shades:

Decker

1 of the 1788

So really, Roush the issue? What the hell is going on in Dearborn (are they really to busy counting money to give a shit?) and I most likely don`t want to know what the hell is going on at Solid House... :runaway: (gone on a donut run...)

I think I would be more concerened as a worker at the lack of supplier quality. If there is such a mass of defects being run that you have to out source repairs in the yard, it doesn't take a genius to figure out there is a bigger problem than who is doing what.

That would be my priority as a leader in a UAW role or Salary role.

Just my opinion?

Hendew