Anyone found an electronic copy of the NAV manual?

PajamaGuy

I'm coming out of a 2010 Fusion with the 10GB NAV - Ordered my Escape Tuesday and am trying to get a head start on how the MFT full NAV package differs. :reading: I do read instructions and have downloaded and read the other manuals.

But, being an ex-IT guy, and a Technical beta tester for Microsoft... I wouldn't mind having the access codes to "get under the covers" of the system.. ;).

Does anyone know if you can store and play music on the SD card? - (got to go back to and RTFM again)

PJ

When I asked if I could use the SD card for music the salesman said the NAV won't work as it needs the card installed (at the time I didn't know the SD card was where the NAV info was stored). Our Titanium has two USB ports in the console and I was told we could play music from a flash drive. I have no idea if the salesman is correct or not as he admitted that most customers know more about the vehicle they are buying than the salespeople do. At least he was honest about that.

When I asked if I could use the SD card for music the salesman said the NAV won't work as it needs the card installed (at the time I didn't know the SD card was where the NAV info was stored). Our Titanium has two USB ports in the console and I was told we could play music from a flash drive. I have no idea if the salesman is correct or not as he admitted that most customers know more about the vehicle they are buying than the salespeople do. At least he was honest about that.

Of course you can play mp3s from the usb flash drives. I've heard you can do it from the SD card but not sure. Even if you could I don't see the point with 2 usb ports.

It may be pointless...but I was thinking if I can store several hundred CD's of music on the SD card, and it has to be installed anyway, why plug another device into the USB's?

PJ

You can't put music on the Navigation SD card if that's what you're thinking. That would only work on a non-nav vehicle.

Of course you can play mp3s from the usb flash drives. I've heard you can do it from the SD card but not sure. Even if you could I don't see the point with 2 usb ports.

The SD card disappears completely into it's slot. Depending on the length of the USB drive, it would be easy to inadvertently snap it off when rooting around in the console if you aren't careful.

Thanks Leon! How did you know I have been looking online for physically small usb drives for the past 15 minutes?

Today (8/30/12) a 32 GB drive (largest according to Sandisk's site) is $24.99 with free shipping from bestbuy.com.

Edited by pillboy

Thanks LadyBird, I found, "https://fmcstage.dealerconnection.com/submissions/esourcebook/suv/2013/escape/" and have downloaded just about everything. Now I'm searching for detailed info on the subject of seat/mirror memory and what is stored (and when) in the IA Fobs and the KeyPad. The manual and the dealer aids (so far) aren't very helpful.

And of course you have to ask the question about compatibility. Will the latest SD cards work (SDXC UHS-1 or SDHC UHS-1)?? I realize read/write speed probably isn't a factor here, but me being an amatuer photogragher, most of my SD cards are the latest/greatest. Does anyone know? My Escape is due in next week so I can't try it.

I should clarify. It's technically possible but you must have the right software packages and the right tools to install them and activate them. Only the dealers have the tools and Ford has not released a software package and update procedure for the dealers to use to do it. And dealers aren't going to let you use their tools to hack your system. So for owners the odds are still zero until Ford releases an add-on package through dealers.