2013 Fusion Hybrid order mixup

scott029

I ordered a 2013 Fusion Hybrid from a local dealer on 6/2/12. I sent a deposit

and recieved a faxed copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation on 6/4/12. It showed

the correct car, color & options along with a priority code of 19 and a order type 1 (retail).

I waited until early August & sent the salesman an email asking if he had any ideas on

my order as I had seen a few VIN#s/Window stickers show up on line for both the Fusion

& Fusion Hybrid. He sent an email saying his zone manager said retails would start showing

around the 2nd week in September. As I saw more & more orders allocated vin#s I sent

a few more messages and got the same response. I called Ford Customer service a few times

and they said my order still was showing as "in processing".

My dealer finally called last week (on Monday 9/29/12) & said I needed to sign a copy of the order & he needed

a copy of my drivers license. I did both and then called him this past Monday & said "what's up" with

my order?? They have (4) stock orders of '13 Fusions on there inventory. He said someone made a mistake

and that my order had been on hold by Ford until they got the signed order & copy of the DL and that

my order had been shuffled all the way to the back of the orders since it now was like a brand new retail

order. They had no idea when the VIN would be assigned or any idea as to an estimated manuf. date.

I am so mad right now. I ordered the car with a down payment over 4 months ago and it's being put into

the schedule like the order was placed yesterday. Retail orders taken in early August for Hybrids are now being delivered to dealers.

Can't the zone manager expediate the order by changing the priority code to >10 ??? Any idea on what

I can do or who I can contact? Help!!!!

(I am a loyal Ford owner owning 3 vehicles right now)

Ford did not do this. Whatever happened it was the dealer's fault. Ford doesn't require a signed order and a copy of your DL - that was just a smokescreen. The dealer either gave your order to someone else or changed it after it was entered. If you have documentation that proves to Ford that you placed your order in good faith then take that to another dealer and see if the zone rep can get you an expedited order. But ultimately this one is on your original dealer.

I was told there is a program called "Retail Order Verification" for high demand/low production cars that

have to have the signed order & copy of Drivers License sent to Ford to verify it is a legit retail order.

They have used them for the Shelbys, Raptors, Focus ST and even some Fiestas along with the

previous generation Fusion Hybrids. Evidently my dealer was not aware of this requirement with this car

(or new about it and either forgot to or neglected to). I have conacted the regional zone manager and

they are trying to do something with the scheduling manager. We'll see.

......Evidently my dealer was not aware of this requirement with this car (or knew about it and either forgot to or neglected to)....

Just remember....not the fault of Ford Motor Company, the dealership should have made sure all was in proper order, if not, they should have followed up....sounds to me that the dealer owes you some mudflaps, or other accessories that they should offer as a way of screwing up....some free oil changes....paint protection package...etc etc....

There is a Retail Order Verification Program in place for all 2013 Fusion retail orders requiring dealers to submit a signed buyer's order and driver's license to Ford. Upon verification, Ford will expedite the retail order scheduling regardless of a dealer's available allocation. Retail scheduling did not start until the shipping release was issued about 3 weeks ago. The dealer was at fault in either not being aware of the 2013 Fusion retail order process or not notifying you of it and having the appropriate documents to submit to Ford. It has been Ford's standard policy for several years now to limit intial order scheduling to dealer stock orders in ordeer to make sure that retail orders are built to the required quality standard.

Thank you for purchasing the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion! You may be disappointed and frustrated in the delays to get your new Fusion but the wait will be well worth it!

There is a Retail Order Verification Program in place for all 2013 Fusion retail orders requiring dealers to submit a signed buyer's order and driver's license to Ford. Upon verification, Ford will expedite the retail order scheduling regardless of a dealer's available allocation. Retail scheduling did not start until the shipping release was issued about 3 weeks ago. The dealer was at fault in either not being aware of the 2013 Fusion retail order process or not notifying you of it and having the appropriate documents to submit to Ford. It has been Ford's standard policy for several years now to limit intial order scheduling to dealer stock orders in ordeer to make sure that retail orders are built to the required quality standard.

Thank you for purchasing the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion! You may be disappointed and frustrated in the delays to get your new Fusion but the wait will be well worth it!

I really wish they would do this for all ordered vehicles. Nothing is more frustrating for a customer than having an order sit unfilled because the dealer either has no allocation or has too many other lower priority orders.

Thanks for all your help. I now understand the process better. I sent an email

to Ford Corporate and got a very quick reply and even quicker action. My order

has been "prioritized" and it should expediate the scheduling process. I am so

amazed that someone that high on the corporate ladder would take the time to

respond to my email and take the time to check out my order problems.

Thank You to a very compasionate Ford Motor Company employee and thank you

to Ford for hiring people that not only design & build beautiful cars like the new Fusion

but also people that really care about the people who are buying & driving their cars!