Finally saw the new Fusion in the metal...

...and I gotta admit, the overall initial impression was very positive. The lines work very well together, and it had a great presence even being surrounded by Mustangs and the like at the dealership.

I didn't have time to really stop, so nothing on the interior or driving impressions...though I'm assured you can experience all that via a picture (right, akirby?) :hysterical2: .

The profile is great, though I wonder if it'd be salvageable to give back a little rear seat headroom, which has been the universal bitch in the tests thus far, at lesast the ones I've seen.

I was concerned that everything in the dealership was getting the "Focus nose" (which is a valid concern, let's face it)...but the Fusion shows familial cues with enough differentiation to make it unique.

From a purely visual perspective...very nice. I'm still very twitchy about losing the V6 option and powering a family car with 1.6 liters (even turbo'd)...but the car, which was in silver, was very attractive.

Instead of filling up thread after thread with concern and skepticism,

how about you actually go check one out and then tell us what you think.

It's clear you want to believe Fusion is a nice car, so why not just go find out for yourself.....

Edited by jpd80

this is gonna come out all wrong, but we have only had SEs so far, I really want to check out some nice TITS.....LMAO....seriously though we havent had any come in yet fully loaded, I also want to drive a 2.0, all we have had so far is 1.6's and 2.5s....the 1.6 is nice, but I feel the 2.0 will be a definite step up....

this is gonna come out all wrong, but we have only had SEs so far, I really want to check out some nice TITS.....LMAO....seriously though we havent had any come in yet fully loaded, I also want to drive a 2.0, all we have had so far is 1.6's and 2.5s....the 1.6 is nice, but I feel the 2.0 will be a definite step up....

Maybe you're in the wrong line of work.....?

The local dealership here has only had SEs as well. I'll go back in a few months after more rollout.

Ummm...how many threads have I started on this subject, again?

I'd love an explanation for the "thread after thread" thing...because while I have commented, I'm hardly a thread factory.

Instead of filling up thread after thread with concern and skepticism,

how about you actually go check one out and then tell us what you think.

It's clear you want to believe Fusion is a nice car, so why not just go find out for yourself.....

Ummm...how many threads have I started on this subject, again?

I didn't say you start thread after thread, I said,

"instead of filling up thread after thread with with concern and skepticism..."

as an advisory pre-emptive post, not as a commentary of what has transpired.

The rest, guilty as charged,

"how about you actually go check one out and then tell us what you think.

It's clear you want to believe Fusion is a nice car, so why not just go find out for yourself....."

Edited by jpd80

I didn't say you start thread after thread, I said,

"instead of filling up thread after thread with with concern and skepticism..."

as an advisory pre-emptive post, not as a commentary of what has transpired.

The rest, guilty as charged,

"how about you actually go check one out and then tell us what you think.

It's clear you want to believe Fusion is a nice car, so why not just go find out for yourself....."

Actually, I was trying to pass on that I was impressed with my initial impression, but I wasn't aware the content nazis were goose-stepping for more than initial impressions.

Be sure those jackboots are shined up!

Actually, I was trying to pass on that I was impressed with my initial impression, but I wasn't aware the content nazis were goose-stepping for more than initial impressions.

Actually, I was trying to be supportive, there's no point in anyone describing a good experience in a car,

it's something we all have to experience first hand, have driven plenty of Mondeos and confident that

you will be impressed by the 2.0 Ecoboost.and the spaciousness of the new Fusion.

Edited by jpd80

I stopped by Drew Ford today. They had 3 out front. A deep dark blue SE 2.5 with MFT but w/o Navigation @ $25.4K, a silver SE 2.5 w/ MFT and Navigation @ $26K and a loaded TITanium in dark gray, 2.0 EB, moonroof with some really great looking anthracite wheels..........@ $35K.

My observations: the Fusion has presence. It looks like (said time and again) an Aston Martin/Jaguar........it really is impressive, I was playing around with MFT and it worked just great! There are redundant tune/volume and temp controls below the large screen. It seemed easier than before. I liked the base fabric SE interior just fine.

The camera black trim was fine too........C&D was complaining about finger prints! That is ridiculously picky and not realistic.

There was also a Performance Blue (same color as the above Fusion I think) Focus ST........loaded (Recaros, Sony MFT/Nav moonroof for $26K. The seats felt like they were made for me.