That is what I get for buying my first American Built vehicle!!

Tazzel

2013 Ford Escape SE, Dashboard rattle is back and the doors still vibrate. I am beginning to really hate this car. I even avoid driving it because all the noise! drives me crazy! The doors dont really vibrate, I would describe the sound more like if you are wearing a leather coat and everytime you move the leather makes a noise, that is the noise my two front doors make. The Dashboard does rattle and the dealer said it was my first aid kit in the the glovebox (even though it was an all cloth bag with nothing hard in it). When the sound came back I took everything out of the car and the noise was still there. I wonder what the dealer will blame it on this time. I am considering trading it in already. Thats what I get for buying my first american made car!!!!

Thats what I get for buying my first american made car!!!!

Sorry about your experience, I've got 600k-700k in American cars and zero rattles... however I couldn't say the same for the Prius I had (needed for us in HOV lanes) for over 120k miles... so I guess YMMV applies to many things.

No I was not wearing leather nor do I have leather seats. are you saying that your escape rattles? so your are saying I should just put up with the rattling. It hard to do that when I just plopped down over 30k. I just sold to vehicles that did not squeak rattle or pop. If Ford cant fix it I will have to trade it in and in the mean time I will tell people DO NOT Purchase a 2013 Ford ESCAPE.

Calm down.

How did you pay over 30K for an SE? I paid $29,554.12 out the door for my Titanium with Park Tech Pkg.

I had a squeak that was driving me crazy and I was convinced it was coming from the center dash by the CD slot. It turned out to be my sunglasses in their case that I keep in one of the beverage holders. My point is it can be almost anything, including a First Aid kit.

Edited by transitman

I am considering trading it in already. Thats what I get for buying my first american made car!!!!

Buying any newly designed Ford product in its first model year is a major gamble, given the company's quality control woes. If you do trade in your Escape (which IMO would be prudent in your situation), consider the Mazda CX-5 Touring model. It has racked up an excellent reliability record thus far, delivers better real world fuel economy than the Escape, and has a lot of standard features including a backup camera and blind spot monitoring system.

Buying any newly designed Ford product in its first model year is a major gamble, given the company's quality control woes. If you do trade in your Escape (which IMO would be prudent in your situation), consider the Mazda CX-5 Touring model. It has racked up an excellent reliability record thus far, delivers better real world fuel economy than the Escape, and has a lot of standard features including a backup camera and blind spot monitoring system.

Judas!

No car is totally without some noise. Parts move as the car travels down the road. So unless you're deaf, they have sounds coming from them.

It has racked up an excellent reliability record thus far

Except for the three recalls within weeks of the release. I'm glad I didn't buy when they were first released. A few months shackout will be get out the bugs.

Edited by rscalzo

+1 on that.

My Titanium has been a great car with NO problems. The only thing I wish was different is a larger fuel tank. Even getting up to 36 mpg's on a 2000 mile trip, too many stops at the gas station. My guess it has a smaller tank to reduce weight to increase EPA mpg ratings when it's full. Twelve gallons weigh 73 lbs., 15 gallons weigh 91 lbs. and 17 gallons weigh 103 lbs.

Edit: I was mistaken, the Escape has a 15.1 gal. tank, not a 12.1 gal. Now I'm wondering why they couldn't design a 17 gallon tank which is only 12 lbs. more in fuel weight, that can't affect mpg's too much if at all. That would allow another hour or at a minimum 65 miles on the road between fills.

Edited by transitman

The only thing I wish was different is a larger fuel tank. Even getting up to 36 mpg's on a 2000 mile trip, too many stops at the gas station.

Me, too. I am coming off of Scion xA which got about 40mpg highway with the SAME SIZE gas tank - and don't enjoy having to stop more often for gas with 33mpg. But when I drive this much better riding and more spacious vehicle I don't seem to mind too much overall.

hyperactive parking sensors that would beep at random while stopped at lights.

I recently found that at a toll booth, I heard a faint beep and the radio volume went down. I figured out it's the forward sensors - and I like it! same thing happens if I get too close to other cars/things at stop lights!