Blue tooth device ban all facilities

propain

People communicating with their cell phones has been a good thing for saving time on the plant floor. The bosses even use them to get messages across. I even joked that Ford should pick up the cell phone bill. Safety talks recently have been about not walking and texting, and stepping off the floor while using the phone.

Ford is going safety crazy. We were instructed that we are not to use our company provided radios untill we come to a complete stop, whether we are walking or driving a PMHV.

I don't think that is crazy. Hilo drivers can barely drive without talking on the radio. Same with salary. In 16 years i have been hit 4 times by hilo's. Three times they hit the rack I was in unloading axles out of. One ran a stop.

Glad to hear the company finally decided to enforce the rules and make the employee accountable for refusing to do what they are suppose to do

You show me anywhere in my job description or the contact that says I need to wear a radio. Other trades have refused to wear them with no consequences, but an Electrician says no and all hell breaks loose.

I can get all the information I need from the bingo board. I don't need the radio and all the babbling bosses in my ear to do my job.

Edited by Pioneer

You show me anywhere in my job description or the contact that says I need to wear a radio. Other trades have refused to wear them with no consequences, but an Electrician says no and all hell breaks loose.

I can get all the information I need from the bingo board. I don't need the radio and all the babbling bosses in my ear to do my job.

They tried to force me to wear one as well at KTP and I told them when everyone in Skilled Trades in my department wears one...I will. They could not enforce it because alot did not....so they let it go because it would be seen as discrimination

I don't think that is crazy. Hilo drivers can barely drive without talking on the radio. Same with salary. In 16 years i have been hit 4 times by hilo's. Three times they hit the rack I was in unloading axles out of. One ran a stop.

do you not look out for hi-los, and go with the "pedestrians have the right of way" mentality?

If they say wear it, Just wear it. You dont have to turn it on.. ;) Besides, You'll look "cooler" then the guy with his bluetooth. And the guy using it after you (if shared) will enjoy the charged battery! LMAO

If they say wear it, Just wear it. You dont have to turn it on.. ;) Besides, You'll look "cooler" then the guy with his bluetooth. And the guy using it after you (if shared) will enjoy the charged battery! LMAO

Yea just wear it and pretend to talk on it so production employees think your actually doing something besides checking out women