Obamacare Hits Home

fxcomet

A month ago my son was hired by a small printing firm to work in their t-shirt operation. Has extensive experience running screen printing, vinyl printing, etc. He was told the company had plans to expand their operation, were bidding several large contracts and his job would be secure for the foreseeable future. Last Friday he received word that he and several other employees would be laid off as the company had re-thought its plans after the election. Seems they're not going to expand afterall and the word he received was the added expenses that the company would incur due to the mandate forced them to forego the expansion and forced the layoffs.

My point is regardless of which side of the coin you come down on concerning Obamacare, it is going to affect a lot of people and not necessarily in a good way.

The simple fact is nothing is "free" and someone , somewhere will pay for the service provided.

Some like to think "stick it to the rich" when in reality the rich or businesses only pass those costs along to the customer or take it out of employee wages.

The government spends WAY more than it takes in already, wait until they more actively get involved in the health care fields.

• Like 2

To each their own I guess. The president of my company voted for Obama, partly because of the health care package and most likely because his values aligned more with Obama's Plan than Romney's. Our company constantly grows too, with 3-4 new positions opening within my area alone by April of next year. Some companies fear it, some embrace it. All depends on their outlook.

• Like 1

To each their own I guess. The president of my company voted for Obama, partly because of the health care package and most likely because his values aligned more with Obama's Plan than Romney's. Our company constantly grows too, with 3-4 new positions opening within my area alone by April of next year. Some companies fear it, some embrace it. All depends on their outlook.

(Bolding mine)

Or it depends on if you are a coal powered plant or coal mine, oil producer, or have 50 full time employees.

Then again, how's that health care plan working for the Ambassador to Libya?

The simple fact is nothing is "free" and someone , somewhere will pay for the service provided.

Some like to think "stick it to the rich" when in reality the rich or businesses only pass those costs along to the customer or take it out of employee wages.

Exactly. The libs either don't understand this or they intentionally ignore it because that's not what "should" be happening.

YOU CANNOT TAX A BUSINESS.

Mr. [Papa John] Schnatter has made waves about the health-care reform before. Over the summer, he said that the Affordable Healthcare Act would result in a 10- to 14-cent increase per pizza. "I got in a bunch of trouble for this," he told the students last week, according to Naples News. "That's what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don't think people know that they're going to pay for this."

I attended a continuing legal education (CLE) course on the day before the election. A three-person panel gave an overview of the act, along with how the election could possibly effect its implementation (i.e., what would happen if Romney won, or the Republicans take the Senate, or the Democrats take the House of Representatives).

These people weren't there to bash the act, and they didn't. But, during all three presentations, I kept hearing the same things:

"This provision will take effect after the election."

"This provision will take effect in 2013 or 2014."

"The regulations implementing this section haven't been written yet, and won't be done until after the election."

I don't think that was by accident...

Edited by grbeck

A profession office cleaning company in our area will lay off 6 employees soon to get under 50.

The owner asked their customers if they would absorb a 12% fee increase. All.. repeat.. All of the customers replied with a "no".

When asked "Who would do the job of cleaning their work area?" Most said they would have their current employees do the job.

This equals in a negative job growth..