Why No Choice ?

fmarra2009

As I looked for another car this spring, I thought I would like to change from a car to a small SUV and purchase a '13 Escape. I normally purchase or lease a vehicle with all the bells and whistles. When the Escape finally arrived at our local dealership, I was ready to buy until I found out the "top of the line" Titanium model only came with a BLACK interor. Well, since I moved to Florida I have never purchased a car with a black interior due to the heat and I would think black would retain it. Well, I decided not to get the Escape and decided to wait on the '13 Fusion........and guess what? If I was interested in the Titanium model, I could only get a BLACK interior ! Why would FMC only offer one interior choice on their top of the line models? I could understand a base model not having a choice......but the top of the line???? WHY????

I did finally puchase my third choice..........a Focus Titanium.....I had the choice of the Arctic White option !!!!!! Just wondering.............................................!

• Like 1

On some vehicle lines, Ford offers three interior trim choices... Black, Grey & Camel. I actually wish they'd eliminate the Camel trim option as both the grey and camel choices are so similar that I'd happily accept anything that will simplify the vehicle ordering process. Across all vehicle lines, the black interior trim is by far the most popular.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find Ford's Fusion hybrid Ti trim roll out odd.

First they offer the the gas Fusion in Ti - but apparently won't offer the hybrid in Ti. Many folks folks order adjusted SE trim (and report they would have waited and ordered a Ti trim if they could).

Then in October, well after announcing the Ti trim as the top gas Fusion trim and the SE as the top hybrid Fusion trim, they announce they will the Ti trim to the Fusion hybrid - with dual integrated exhaust tips that later disappear.

Now it seems scheduling/production of this version is in the dreaded "TBD zone" while, reportedly, Energi Ti and gas Fusion Ti's continue apace. There are also reports that Ford is no longer accepting any orders for the Fusion hybrid Ti trim.

Anyone who knows anything isn't speaking publicly.

Wonder what could have come up with this version (and avoid the gas and plug in Ti versions) given that it has been planned since well before last years Detroit auto show?

The Fusion seems to be a great car - sorry to see Ford stumble so with its roll out.

Originally I thought they delayed it so as not to steal any thunder from the MKZ hybrid that was scheduled to arrive first.

Now it seems Ford sold more Fusion hybrids than expected so hybrid components may just not be available.

This will be the poster child for how not to launch new vehicles.

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like someone making the decisions finally listened to us and has made interior color choices availible on the 2014 Titainium models of the Escape and Fusion.....Black is not the only color of choice !!! According to the order guides the Ti Escape will have Mediium Light Stone availible and the Ti Fusion will have Medium Soft Ceramic and another "appearance option" of Brick Red. It'll be nice to have a choice again !!

Well it looks like someone making the decisions finally listened to us and has made interior color choices availible on the 2014 Titainium models of the Escape and Fusion.....Black is not the only color of choice !!! According to the order guides the Ti Escape will have Mediium Light Stone availible and the Ti Fusion will have Medium Soft Ceramic and another "appearance option" of Brick Red. It'll be nice to have a choice again !!

I'm sure that was the plan all along since it's exactly what they've been doing in the past. Med. Soft Ceramic is late availability so it's just not quite ready yet.