New to MyFord Touch, questions

Camride

I may just need to talk to Ford support on this, but I thought I'd ask here first and see if anyone knew the answers.

First, I'm getting an error trying to do a vehicle health report, saying that I haven't activated the car on syncmyride.com. But I have, I set it up before I picked up the car with the VIN. I can't see that I'm missing anything on there, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Second, I was trying to run the USB diagnostic so I could report the version to syncmyride.com, but I can't get it to work. It says to download the files onto a USB drive (which I did) and to plug it into a USB port and that it'd automatically create a log on the USB drive with the version on it. That's not happening, I plug the USB drive in and nothing happens at all.

Any ideas? My dealer also didn't install the 3.5 version update, so I'm going to have to take it in unless that's one we can do ourselves?

Also, unless I'm missing something it looks like the Scout app (navigation) won't work with our cars because of the lack of App Link. I can't get it to connect to the car at all. I'm going to talk to Telenav and see if I'm right or if maybe I'm not understanding the setup.

Well Strike's instructions are correct, I was able to get it to work on the car. However, when I brought it back to my computer and try to report a successful install it gives me a "Your Sync software update was not confirmed successful". I'm just trying to get it to show that I need the 3.5.1 update. Still can't get the diagnostics to work either.

I may just need to talk to Ford support on this, but I thought I'd ask here first and see if anyone knew the answers.

First, I'm getting an error trying to do a vehicle health report, saying that I haven't activated the car on syncmyride.com. But I have, I set it up before I picked up the car with the VIN. I can't see that I'm missing anything on there, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Second, I was trying to run the USB diagnostic so I could report the version to syncmyride.com, but I can't get it to work. It says to download the files onto a USB drive (which I did) and to plug it into a USB port and that it'd automatically create a log on the USB drive with the version on it. That's not happening, I plug the USB drive in and nothing happens at all.

Any ideas? My dealer also didn't install the 3.5 version update, so I'm going to have to take it in unless that's one we can do ourselves?

Also, unless I'm missing something it looks like the Scout app (navigation) won't work with our cars because of the lack of App Link. I can't get it to connect to the car at all. I'm going to talk to Telenav and see if I'm right or if maybe I'm not understanding the setup.

For the vehicle health report to work you need to register your VIN and the cellular number you will be using to send in the health report... All of this is done on syncmyride ... Same thing happened to me

For the vehicle health report to work you need to register your VIN and the cellular number you will be using to send in the health report... All of this is done on syncmyride ... Same thing happened to me

I have done that though. Both my VIN and my cell phone are registered. I'm just going to have to call support at some point.

• Like 2

Just read this;;

Dec 10th:

Today, we are proud to announce the release of a new software update, available immediately for many SYNC® with MyFord Touch®/MyLincoln Touch systems. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current system:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8 inch display

• Updated phone pairing process

• Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)

• Simplified voice commands for music

• Enhancements to voice recognition

• Updated SYNC/device compatibility

Please note that the update is not yet available for MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. For these vehicles, the software update requires a complimentary replacement SD card. We plan to have your replacement SD cards, as well as the new software update, ready for you in January. We will make an announcement in the forums when you are able to request your replacement SD card. Please be aware that if you perform the update without the replacement SD card in a Navigation-equipped vehicle, your Navigation system will be inoperable.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SD Card Navigation, you can log in and check for updates now.

We look forward to sharing an enhanced MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch experience with all of you.

-- I find this a little odd. Mine is showing 3.5.1 after the update thingy I did a little while ago - I appear to have all the features listed above, in working condition. I do have Navigation, and didn't get new Nav card, however my navigation system still works fine?

Just read this;;

Dec 10th:

Today, we are proud to announce the release of a new software update, available immediately for many SYNC® with MyFord Touch®/MyLincoln Touch ™ systems. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current system:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8 inch display

• Updated phone pairing process

• Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)

• Simplified voice commands for music

• Enhancements to voice recognition

• Updated SYNC/device compatibility

Please note that the update is not yet available for MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. For these vehicles, the software update requires a complimentary replacement SD card. We plan to have your replacement SD cards, as well as the new software update, ready for you in January. We will make an announcement in the forums when you are able to request your replacement SD card. Please be aware that if you perform the update without the replacement SD card in a Navigation-equipped vehicle, your Navigation system will be inoperable.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SD Card Navigation, you can log in and check for updates now.

We look forward to sharing an enhanced MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch experience with all of you.

-- I find this a little odd. Mine is showing 3.5.1 after the update thingy I did a little while ago - I appear to have all the features listed above, in working condition. I do have Navigation, and didn't get new Nav card, however my navigation system still works fine?

Under settings and system information you can see which nav card you have (A?). Maybe you got one of the first few since they loaded 3.5.1 at the factory. Where did you read the above at??

• 5 months later...
I'm sorry, I know I'm rehashing an old thread but I was just curious if l can set up a "SyncMyRide" account before we get our car or should I wait till we actually get the car?

You can set up an account, but may not be able to input the VIN (have it recognized) until after delivery... but worth a try! If not, it only takes a few minutes to set up.

I set mine up before I got my car. However, for some odd reason my health report wouldn't work for months. It randomly started working in February or March, I didn't change anything.

The car must have 200 miles on it before VHR will work but I wouldn't think it would take "months" to go 200 miles.

Do (did) you have anything plugged into the OBDII port. That can block the VHR from working.

It's also been a bit since anyone mentioned USB drives here, but I wanted to share something I've found that could be helpful.

USB drives are formatted, just like any hard drive in any computer. I don't know about Macs, but if your computer is Windows based - check how your USB Drive is formatted. The first one I tried was formatted "NTFS" (just right-click on the drive in Windows, and choose Properties to see), and MyFord Touch wouldn't read it. I reformatted the drive to "FAT32" (the older DOS standard), and it now works like a charm.

The car must have 200 miles on it before VHR will work but I wouldn't think it would take "months" to go 200 miles.

Do (did) you have anything plugged into the OBDII port. That can block the VHR from working.

Nope, nothing plugged into the OBD2 port. The car definitely had more than 200 miles on it and I still couldn't get it to work. But after trying to get it to work several times in the first month I gave up on it and didn't touch it for a few more months. Now that I think about it though my Sync account was also screwed up (which might have been the root cause) because after setting it up originally and not logging in for a while I logged back in to find my account showing an F-150 instead of my Fusion. The VIN was right and everything, but the information was pointing to a F-150 (picture, car details, etc). I had to screw around with my account for a good 30 minutes to get the F-150 removed and get my Fusion back in. Maybe that was what fixed the VHR, I can't remember the timing.

Where would it fail during the VHR? Mine would time out when trying to dial out for awhile. I determined that it was because I had Skype installed on my phone and it was waiting for an input on the phone itself to choose which dialing method to use to dial out.

Where would it fail during the VHR? Mine would time out when trying to dial out for awhile. I determined that it was because I had Skype installed on my phone and it was waiting for an input on the phone itself to choose which dialing method to use to dial out.

It would dial out and then tell me that my account wasn't setup. I confirmed multiple times that my VIN was correct and my phone number was correct. I'm on Verizon and am not using anything out of the ordinary (no Google Voice number, no Skype, nothing like that). I spent a stupid amount of time trying to get it to work initially and eventually just gave up. The next time I tried a few months later it just magically worked. I want to say it was before I fixed the weird F-150 thing in my Sync account but it could have been after.

It would dial out and then tell me that my account wasn't setup. I confirmed multiple times that my VIN was correct and my phone number was correct. I'm on Verizon and am not using anything out of the ordinary (no Google Voice number, no Skype, nothing like that). I spent a stupid amount of time trying to get it to work initially and eventually just gave up. The next time I tried a few months later it just magically worked. I want to say it was before I fixed the weird F-150 thing in my Sync account but it could have been after.

Yeah, different issue then. Once mine would connect it never had any issues.