What will you get if you give up on the Fusion?

CheesyRider

What will you get if you give up the Fusion?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will you get if you give up on the Fusion?

• Honda Accord
    • Toyota Camry
    • Nissan Altima
    • Chevrolet Malibu
    • Volkswagen Passat
    • Mazda 6
    • Subaru Legacy
    • other car not listed
    • will keep current car
    • Kia Optima
    • Hyundai Sonata

I'm sure a lot of people in TBD land and those who haven't received the 1.6 Fusions are thinking about jumping ship. What will you get if you give up on Ford? Or, if you've already given up, what did you get?

*EDIT - I can't believe I forgot the Sonata and Optima. I added them to the poll.

Edited by CheesyRider

I'm starting to second guess my decision on the Fusion since it's been a month and a half since the car has been built. Especially with all the recent problems and this stupid TBD delay. I am still looking for a hybrid and one that has caught my eye is the Lexus CT 200h.This car has everything and the price is about the same as the Fusion.

The 2014 Mazda6 is supposed to start arriving at dealers in early January. Full specs should be available soon. When I ordered the Fusion, I didn't consider waiting for the Mazda as it looked like they wouldn't offer a manual transmission. Now, it seems a manual trans is certain in both the gas and diesel versions.

I'm guessing my 1.6 will be shipped off to TBD land and I'll be lucky to get it by the end of January. That will give my plenty of time to decided. If I end up not liking the Mazda and Ford doesn't do anything to give me a warm fuzzy feeling after their botched launch, I'll probably keep the current car or reconsider the Passat.

Edited by CheesyRider

I would probably keep the Prius. I'm interested in the Fusion Hybrid because it offers a lot for the price and I don't think anything else out there compares right now. Maybe in another year or two I would think about a different car, or perhaps the same car once bugs are worked out.

Right now I'm still hoping that all the bugs are worked out by the time Job 2 rolls around. If there is also a significant delay in the FFH Ti I will be unhappy.

• Like 2

I am waiting for the Fusion Energi, because I really want a plug-in hybrid. So far none of these problems have affected the Energi, since it isn't even for sale yet. But if the Fusion Energi had a similar run of bad news, then I would look at the C-Max Energi, the Accord plug-in, the Volt, and (if I can wait that long) a plug-in hybrid from Audi.

Depending on the hypothetical problems Ford was trying to solve, I might rule out the C-Max Energi too. I hate the looks of the new Accords, and of all their trims, their plug-in is by far the ugliest. But otherwise, the Accord plug-in is very interesting. The Volt is pretty small, but at least has a reliability record to judge it by. I love my current A4, and if Audi were shipping a plug-in hybrid, I would be test-driving it today. But so far Audi is just talking.

We'll see how long my order takes (2.0L Titanium, so it isn't affected by the engine recalls, and shouldn't be affected by the headlamp recall), but since I went with the Titanium for AWD, I'd probably be looking at an AWD VW CC if the Fusion doesn't work out. Which would be really unfortunate because that CC would cost me a lot more than the Fusion would...

We'll see how long my order takes (2.0L Titanium, so it isn't affected by the engine recalls, and shouldn't be affected by the headlamp recall), but since I went with the Titanium for AWD, I'd probably be looking at an AWD VW CC if the Fusion doesn't work out. Which would be really unfortunate because that CC would cost me a lot more than the Fusion would...

Once you're looking at an AWD CC you might as well look at an A4 IMO. The Audi is going to hold up alot better, both in resale and on the interior. My 12 year old Audi A4 has held up very well with 168k miles.

Once you're looking at an AWD CC you might as well look at an A4 IMO. The Audi is going to hold up alot better, both in resale and on the interior. My 12 year old Audi A4 has held up very well with 168k miles.

My dad had an A4...it just feels too small for me. I'd be wanting an A6, and the $$'s just keep going up, and up, and up...

The Buick's big shiny grill make me think of someone's grandparents' car. Otherwise, it looks nice and worth a test drive if you like it and you keep getting the stonewall.

The Lexus and Toyota look similar to each other and like every Toyota sedan for the past 15 years, except the Prius of course. And if the interior was as plastic-ky as my Prius was, no thanks.

The Lexus and Toyota look similar to each other and like every Toyota sedan for the past 15 years, except the Prius of course. And if the interior was as plastic-ky as my Prius was, no thanks.

I know someone that just got a new Camry Hybrid XLE. I'm sure the trim level has something to do with it, but I thought it was really sharp inside! They previously had a 2008 (i think) Camry LE, and the new one is waaaay nicer.

Maybe I've got the Prius in my head when thinking of Toyota. A friend of mine recently took her Honda into the shop to get timing belt replaced and had a Ford Taurus as a rental. She said that she doesn't like the way that Ford's controls are set up, that she's too accustomed to the way that Honda has them. So I guess it's common to get used to a given type of setup and not want to rock the boat..

I was considering the VW Passat but now I'm just thinking I might go in for a used VolksWagen CC V6 AWD, love the interior in comparison to the ford and its designed coupe-like kinda similar to where Ford was leaning with the Fusion.

I'd have to give up any chance of good mileage but it drives beautifully.

Anyone have any experience with it? Love to know if its reliable because I just started considering it and took one for a test drive today.

Edited by mondaydriver

I'll stick with Acura. I've been driving Honda products for 25 years and have never had a problem. Just turned 100,000 miles on the old TL a week ago and the engine still hums. I've been checking out used 2012 TLs with the Technology package and the prices are coming down. I'll give the Titanium another month to be delivered, then may move on to another TL.

The Mazda6 specs have been released: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=M6N

On the specs page it looks like one can get the manual on both the Sport and Touring trim levels, but on this page it looks like the manual is only available on the Sport. In any case, three important features appear to be limited to the auto only Grand Touring: heated seats, memory seats, and moonroof. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul as there is no other mid-size manual transmission sedan under $30k that has the features I really want.