WeatherTech Liners Now Available

hermans

So I made a mistake when I got the Ford all weather mats. They are fine for the passenger and rear seats but the coverage for the driver's side is totally inadequate. So rather than perpetuating the mistake I went and bought the WeatherTech's today. I stopped at the WeatherTech factory store and picked them up to save on the shipping charges. I'll probably install them tomorrow as I've got them warming up in the house. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them in place.

• Like 1

So I made a mistake when I got the Ford all weather mats. They are fine for the passenger and rear seats but the coverage for the driver's side is totally inadequate. So rather than perpetuating the mistake I went and bought the WeatherTech's today. I stopped at the WeatherTech factory store and picked them up to save on the shipping charges. I'll probably install them tomorrow as I've got them warming up in the house. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them in place.

Yes, please do... I want some confirmation that these do cover the entire driver's area before shelling out even more bucks.

Great news! I'm looking forward to some pics. Which colour did you get? Black?

Pics pics!

So I made a mistake when I got the Ford all weather mats. They are fine for the passenger and rear seats but the coverage for the driver's side is totally inadequate.

I totally agree. At first I thought they gave me 3 rear floor mats. The driver's side does not provide enough coverage if you have snow or rain where you live. Going to investigate the weather techs and huskys for the driver's side.

Here you go. I've got shots of the fronts and the rear.

The first pic shows exactly the issue I have with the WeatherTechs in my 2010. The left side doesn't completely cover the left floor rest area. My Huskys do in my 2013. I'd of thought WeatherTech would have corrected that by now.

Thanks for the pics. Unfortunately they have the same problem as the Huskey's. They don't go to the edge on the door side. Carpet is still visible which means mud and salt will still get on the carpet in that location. I'm disappointed... Other than that issue they fit nicely everywhere else.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics. Unfortunately they have the same problem as the Huskey's. They don't go to the edge on the door side. Carpet is still visible which means mud and salt will still get on the carpet in that location. I'm disappointed... Other than that issue they fit nicely everywhere else.

Yep. Disappointed to see that in those weathertechs. They also continued their tradition of not covering further up the dead foot pedal.

The Husky's I have for a different model car do indeed cover all the way to the door sill. Why the stopped that for the '13 fusion.......?

Hmmm..... what to do now....

Thanks for the pictures missileman88.

Edited by RedFusion

So what's it going to be? Husky or WeatherTech?

Well, I am disappointed in both companies in the lack of carpet protection on the door side. But looking at both of these pictures, the price and the dead foot pedal protection I will have to go with the Husky's. If anyone know's of another brand that has a similar product I would be interested in checking them out. In the meantime, I need a car before I go and buy any floor mats.

So in short, it looks like the Husky's mainly because it seems to cover the dead pedal much better and the price is about half of the WeatherTechs.

WeatherTech's

post-48501-0-99565600-1359329821_thumb.jpg

Husky's

post-48501-0-39447100-1359329833_thumb.jpg

Edited by JSKershaw

Does anyone have any reviews on the all-weather floormats that come with the Fusion?

Yes, I have both all-weather and premium mats... neither are worth the money as the driver's mat is a mini-me mat. There are threads on that with pics on this board or maybe at fordfusionforum.com or fodfusionhybridforum.com

Does anyone have any reviews on the all-weather floormats that come with the Fusion?

They're a little thin, but all fine. Driver's side mat leaves a little to be desired (it's about the same size as the rear mats) but it's not that big of a deal. Quite honestly, I think Ford went with a smaller driver's side mat to avoid the stuck-pedals problem that Toyota was experiencing.

I received my Husky's last night. I only put on the rear, and it fits like a glove. I need to vacuum the front today before I can put those in. They look extremely well made and durable, and the fact that it will actually cover most of the front foot well is going to be nice, especially in the winter. I am thinking for spring/summer/fall I will put the front factory mats back in, unless I'm going to the beach. I will keep the rear husky in at all times since I have a 2 year old, and we all know how they like to throw things to the floor. lol.

They're a little thin, but all fine. Driver's side mat leaves a little to be desired (it's about the same size as the rear mats) but it's not that big of a deal. Quite honestly, I think Ford went with a smaller driver's side mat to avoid the stuck-pedals problem that Toyota was experiencing.

Here are Ford's all-weather mats for the Fusion. Please excuse the filthiness of it, it's been snowing on and off for the past week or so. Plus, the camera does a very good job of picking up subtle details. Good for camera, bad for Fusion.

Driver

1360163032.JPG

Passenger

1360163047.JPG

Rear

1360163057.JPG

The front mats are down right pathetic in their coverage, whether it's the standard or all weather (haven't seen a picture of the premium, but I am guessing they too only cover the floor portion and not behind the pedals). I think boogs is correct that it's Ford's way of addressing the issue that has been plaguing Toyota to not have the mat extend toward the pedal.

The front mats are down right pathetic in their coverage, whether it's the standard or all weather (haven't seen a picture of the premium, but I am guessing they too only cover the floor portion and not behind the pedals).

I posted a pic of the premium mats in post #6 of the below thread.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5732-premium-floor-mats-waste/

Edited by jeff_h