Dual integrated exhaust on Fusion Hybrid Titanium

HyTi Fusion

Include the dual integrated exhaust on the Hybrid Titanium. When a consumer selects the titanium features rather than SE they should expect a similar platform and class for the look. When I ordered mine in November it was billed as having the same feature set as the gas titanium. This move by Ford will not encourage people to move up from the SE, and will only save money in the short term but result in lower sales over time. At least make this an option, or increase the price, titanium people will pay for exterior and interior refinement

Agreed. I'm very close to canceling my order due to this. I even downloaded a brochure today and right there on the page that says "hybrid titanium" is a rear shot with the dual exhaust. It's not been a stretch to believe it was part of the trim package. Very disappointed.

Is it possible the dual exhaust simply conflicts with the hybrid components and it's removal is not a cost-cutting move?

So have a single integrated exhaust, not that ugly ass tailpipe sticking out the back like an S trim Fusion. I want to ask Ford why people pay for their high trim products? I'd bet the majority are for the exterior upgrades which you can't option into from a lower trim model...

(Edit) In a way it's a slap in the face, that same option is listed on the S trim model. You should go to the build page and look at what you're getting on the exterior for you're $10k more...

Edited by wazzul
  • Like 1

It can be argued that the dual exhaust is an EcoBoost 2.0 feature and not a Titanium feature as it is also included on the 2.0 SE models.

Apparently, but in this case it was advertised in the brochure on the Ford website for the Ti hybrid until they changed it.

It can be argued that the dual exhaust is an EcoBoost 2.0 feature and not a Titanium feature as it is also included on the 2.0 SE models.

You sure about that? On the Ford site when you build an SE w/2.0L Ecoboost it shows a single ugly exhaust hanging down in the back. I'm pretty sure it's only the Ti's that have te exhaust integrated into the rear facia.

You sure about that? On the Ford site when you build an SE w/2.0L Ecoboost it shows a single ugly exhaust hanging down in the back. I'm pretty sure it's only the Ti's that have te exhaust integrated into the rear facia.

Very sure. The 2.0L EB SE comes with integrated dual exhaust. The picture is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure it is too late for the Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titaniums that are coming out soon, but maybe not for late this year, so If you think there should be Dual Integrated Tailpipes for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titanium? Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

• Like 2

I am sure it is too late for the Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titaniums that are coming out soon, but maybe not for late this year, so If you think there should be Dual Integrated Tailpipes for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titanium? Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

I fully agree with Jeff and entered my post supporting his post on Ford Social where he makes his case for a dual exhaust option for the Hybrid and Energi Titanium models. I am seriously disappointed that my car will not have the dual integrated tailpipes. Whoever, made the decision to leave them off should be taken to the wood shed and punished!

• Like 1

Technical limitation or not, a cosmetic solution would have suited me well. It's such a cool look and would create a benchmark standard for the highest class Titanium.

Akirby i saw your beauty on a different thread. How do you like your Titanium AWD? Does it have dual integrated tailpipes? I wasn't sure? Did you make a switch from hybrid or were you always on the gas version?

Technical limitation or not, a cosmetic solution would have suited me well. It's such a cool look and would create a benchmark standard for the highest class Titanium. Akirby i saw your beauty on a different thread. How do you like your Titanium AWD? Does it have dual integrated tailpipes? I wasn't sure? Did you make a switch from hybrid or were you always on the gas version?

It's FWD. I was thinking about a hybrid Titanium for a bit but decided I really wanted the H spoke wheels and did not want to wait.

More comments posted stating their concerns on the missing dual integrated exhaust for the hybrid titanium

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/performance/dual-exhaust-mia-fusion-hybrid-titanium/

"Just learned yesterday that the Fusion Hybrid Titanium Trim will only have the single exhaust. That's a bit frustrating because up to this point it had been listed as a feature in brochures and other advertisements. Instead of a classy look for the highest trim Hybrid and Plug-in Fusions, the back end is going to look exactly like the SE... The "COOL" score just went way down Ford! Why not a single integrated exhaust in these most expensive Fusions"

• Like 2

More comments posted stating their concerns on the missing dual integrated exhaust for the hybrid titanium

http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/performance/dual-exhaust-mia-fusion-hybrid-titanium/

"Just learned yesterday that the Fusion Hybrid Titanium Trim will only have the single exhaust. That's a bit frustrating because up to this point it had been listed as a feature in brochures and other advertisements. Instead of a classy look for the highest trim Hybrid and Plug-in Fusions, the back end is going to look exactly like the SE... The "COOL" score just went way down Ford! Why not a single integrated exhaust in these most expensive Fusions"

Thanks for the shout out!

You know for all those people that thought the reason for the lack of integration is due to the Hybrid setup, I present exhibit A, the MKZ Hybrid....

• Like 1

Odd how Ford is so terrible at communication and coordination.

Folks are left to guess as to their motives as Ford won't explain why they advertised dual integrated exhaust ... only to then quietly remove it.

I hope for the MKZ folks there isn't a repeat of history.

If you go to the build and price and spin the car there is looks like there is one on the right only...

Yes, that is right. Pictured is a single chrome tipped exhaust pipe hanging down below the bumper on the right side. The red reflectors are in the rear bumper for the Energi Titanium and SEL but no dual chrome exhaust. In fact the only model, that I could see, that has the dual chrome exhaust is the gas model Titanium.

I guess we aren't paying enough for the Energi to warrant dual exhaust...even dummy chrome tips in the rear bumper would be okay with me.

I am quite upset there isn't a physical reason to do it. This is false advertising and consideration for litigation. My brochure had it on and it was part of the package I bought at the time. Take it off for those that purchase after a certain date if they are just being tightwads, but to the ones who purchased it with the dual integration tips I require they come through on their promise.

I am quite upset there isn't a physical reason to do it. This is false advertising and consideration for litigation. My brochure had it on and it was part of the package I bought at the time. Take it off for those that purchase after a certain date if they are just being tightwads, but to the ones who purchased it with the dual integration tips I require they come through on their promise.

It's not "false advertising" per se. It was either a misprint or a late change and they're not going to change it back just for you. You are entitled to cancel your order but you really can't count on anything until the cars are actually produced and start arriving at the dealer. Ordering before that is always a crap shoot.