MTP is safe

"Tank"McRoy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NAP will not make it 2008, LAP & OHAP=get the padlocks out, MTP get's the Econoline. Play golf with reliable sources. Oh the pain

"Tank"

:shrug: When and where did this info come from? Hubby and I were just discussing why and when and what's going on, per rumors, of course. Seeing as we haven't seen anything in writing...

NAP will not make it 2008, LAP & OHAP=get the padlocks out, MTP get's the Econoline. Play golf with reliable sources. Oh the pain

"Tank"

OK and who gets to build the 200,000 Exploders, SpotsTrac, Mountaineer's? If Lap is closed, as you said. Also don't be so happy just yet my friend. Remember that LAP will be able to follow their Product.

OK and who gets to build the 200,000 Exploders, SpotsTrac, Mountaineer's? If Lap is closed, as you said. Also don't be so happy just yet my friend. Remember that LAP will be able to follow their Product.

I hate to say it but sources from Launch team have been saying for sometime that the Explorer will not be built after model year 2009. Our only hope is for a new product.

Don't kill the messenger, you will hear the official announcement soon enough !!!

"Tank"

Mountaineer is going to the graveyard !!!!

"Tank"

let me know when Econoline has a rear independent system and I might belive you till then its all talk..... :runaway:

"Tank"

With all the fear running around the MTP, employees must realize that FORD just spent $300,000 in a flexible body shop. This body shop is one of five in the Ford system that can build unibody cars and trucks. It’s capability to accommodate at least two platforms with three body styles apiece. The purpose of the body plant is to change products on the fly faster than plants that have the old school system. Why would Ford spend all this money on new technology just to throw it down the tube when it could have invested it somewhere else? Also look at the logistics of where MTP sits, next to a stamping plant and down the road from the Glass House and Dearborn Truck.

Ford is talking about an Expedition starting at $30,000. This will probably take away Explorer sales because they get about the same gas mileage and Expedition can tow better and has the interior room.

I was hearing the rumor about the “Big Announcement†in two weeks about MTP going down a shift or closing all together because Dearborn can build the Expedition and they do need the our capacity. After all, I walked into work and told we were going 4 hours on Friday and laid off next week due to quality issues with a few parts. That’s not workers fault or production managers it's the outsourced material coming in house. If we don’t have the right parts, MTP is not going to build it!

It's funny that we are in the middle of a launch and rumor says we are going to shut down with dealers waiting for the new Expedition XL in September.

I don't think its funny for talking about other plants being shut down and pad locks on the doors. I'm sure the idea of losing your livelyhood is hard enough with out someone bragging about it. We are all in the same boat together, working to live and nobody wants to loose what they've worked for.

Edited by Ups&Downs

I don't think its funny for talking about other plants being shut down and pad locks on the doors. I'm sure the idea of losing your livelyhood is hard enough with out someone bragging about it. We are all in the same boat together, working to live and nobody wants to loose what they've worked for.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

"Tank"

we dont give a shit where it goes--we follow with our seniority--16 plus years--how many MTP workers will that displace? Go hoop and holler somewhere else--your coworkers will lose their jobs

we dont give a shit where it goes--we follow with our seniority--16 plus years--how many MTP workers will that displace? Go hoop and holler somewhere else--your coworkers will lose their jobs

:hysterical::hysterical: Sorry but the New Way Forward plan doesnt relocate workers from Louisville to Detroit. How much loot do u thinj Ford has. You will need Cut That Check.

With all the fear running around the MTP, employees must realize that FORD just spent $300,000 in a flexible body shop. This body shop is one of five in the Ford system that can build unibody cars and trucks. It’s capability to accommodate at least two platforms with three body styles apiece. The purpose of the body plant is to change products on the fly faster than plants that have the old school system. Why would Ford spend all this money on new technology just to throw it down the tube when it could have invested it somewhere else? Also look at the logistics of where MTP sits, next to a stamping plant and down the road from the Glass House and Dearborn Truck.

Ford is talking about an Expedition starting at $30,000. This will probably take away Explorer sales because they get about the same gas mileage and Expedition can tow better and has the interior room.

I was hearing the rumor about the “Big Announcement†in two weeks about MTP going down a shift or closing all together because Dearborn can build the Expedition and they do need the our capacity. After all, I walked into work and told we were going 4 hours on Friday and laid off next week due to quality issues with a few parts. That’s not workers fault or production managers it's the outsourced material coming in house. If we don’t have the right parts, MTP is not going to build it!

It's funny that we are in the middle of a launch and rumor says we are going to shut down with dealers waiting for the new Expedition XL in September.

Lorain had a state of the art paint shop that was never even used and what happened to them? Look at Wixom. From what I understand, they had some of the best quality in the Ford system.....what's going on there?

There is no loyalty whatsoever in this company. They don't care who you are, where you are or how good you are. All they care about is making money and if they can make a few more dollars by cutting you out, they will.

" Why would Ford spend all this money on new technology just to throw it down the tube when it could have invested it somewhere else?"

Drive by the Lorain plant and see how the new paint building helped them stay open. They just write it off as a loss and move on to other stupid decisions. :doh:

It's not a matter of "lack of loyalty". It's a matter of too much capacity. Ford would love to keep more plants open - but truck sales are trending down, and the only way to survive in the long run is to right-size the company's capacity. It's brutal, it sucks, but it's necessary.

The Explorer's fate will be interesting, if only because GM appears to be focusing on the full-size truck and SUV market as the one that will ultimately survive the shake-out to utilitarian vehicles that are car-based. What is the fate of the mid-sized truck-based SUV? If Ford does the opposite of GM and invests in a new, state of the art Explorer, will the market be there? My bet is it will be, since one of the wiser things Ford may need to do is fill the niches where GM (apparently) isn't going to be. Ford can also fill that kind of niche by building an Explorer-sized pick-up.

Edited by Jazzhead

They are waiting for the stretch EXPI.

The Expedition XL will be a low volume,niche vehicle at best.But a plant saver ?Do you think Ford is stupid enough to throw the Explorer (or it's replacement) in the toilet.I don't think so.The Explorer has been the no.1 selling suv since it hit the market. :shrug:

"Tank"

This punk has revelled in the fact that others will close along with his plant. Just read the other trash posts he's made. He likes to rub it in. He's just a dick.

the reality is one has to close. and with the expy dropping into explorer price, one of these 2 plants will be building it. the explorer and expedition will be gone and a new one will be made with a new name. now where it goes, who knows. i don't want to see anybody lose there job. i hope they open up company wide buyouts and get about 40k to sign up. then everybody who's plant closes will be placed, but who knows