Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

I was trying to explain to my wife how my early Christmas present order for a Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium turned into a post Easter expectation of 5 months. Can you help me fill in the blanks, as many of us are together in this and have tracked the progress over the same time period. My wife thinks I'm nuts for waiting 20 weeks or more but this really has become somewhat of a "good things come to those that wait" thing. Can you help me recap? I'm sure I have some of this wrong so straightening out my inaccuracies is much appreciated.

I ordered in December and Ford always said Production would begin in early 2013

SE models were being built in January

Titanium models were bumped in February for Energi's to go first (Job2)

Quality concerns delayed all production until quality was back up to satisfactory levels

Delays were several weeks pushing into March. Cars being built but not at usual rate?

Moonroof delays, Ruby Red Color Delays

Small dealers get small "allocations" of orders so presuming I fit this category I wait until all large dealers go first

My wife thinks I could receive the car as the model year comes to an end- I have nothing to suggest it would be different

In need of accurate explanations of delays (and encouragement)

Joveri,

I think I am doing something wrong with that link you sent me, If only looks for Ford Fusion Hybrid, but not necessarily SE or TI, and no color or other option selections.

Did you use it just to get in contact with dealers? So I just need to get the printout and call them? Or what was the process?

https://secure.bestprice.rankingsandreviews.com/registration.html?postalCode=92507&referrer_id=ZUSNA0030&chromeTrimId=353068&deepLink=yes

Just wait for them to call you or send you an e-mail. I didn't know what they were offering until they called me.

I have no idea why yours is sitting in sunny Mexico if it was built on 2/19. Hope the CSM will be able to get it on a train for you and you'll soon be a happy FHH owner :)

What can CSM do to help? My car was built on 2/23 and is still there in sunny Mexico.

Talked with the salesman today and he knew nothing...trend here in LA (lower Alabama) so I told him what I knew...he was a bit surprised. Said he would check, called back later and said car is in KY and ETA 2 Apr. Later than the 31 Mar eta...asked about the ettx and he said huh. Be glad when this is over with.

Hey RedRubyFuse, congrats! Can I ask how you found this info on the online chat? Did you need to provide some information for them to look up your order?

Tomgyanks - Like Murphy62 said, I gave them my order and dealer numbers and asked if I had a VIN yet. I was surprised that they did! I asked about a week ago and they gave the "in production" speech. So sometime between then and now my VIN appeared. Now hoping for a sticker and build date but after hearing the other Ruby Reds getting delayed I think I can expect the same.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Cyberdman gave me the In transit report on Monday, but no rail car info...the train my car was on was stuck in AZ on Monday- mechanical, but I know has moved since. Wonder if asking him for the rail car # would break his rule of asking for an update?

What can CSM do to help? My car was built on 2/23 and is still there in sunny Mexico.

I was referring to gl419's message:

Its been sitting on the lot in Mexico since 2/20, with no action at all until I contacted Customer Service and finally got the regional CSM to place a case number and priority on the VIN.

It sounds like in his case the regional CSM can help get things moving. I also heard of other users here that had success contacting the higher-ups @ Ford- can't remember who it was.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Cyberdman gave me the In transit report on Monday, but no rail car info...the train my car was on was stuck in AZ on Monday- mechanical, but I know has moved since. Wonder if asking him for the rail car # would break his rule of asking for an update?

Have you tried the etis site. It may give you train info, but Im not sure , as my car is being built April 1st. I think you may be pressing your luck with cyberdman. I would also call my salesman first and see if they can give you info.

Does anyone know if the phone car to CSX/PU will continue to Track the railcar after Illinois?

This might help:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52703-tracking-cars-on-railways/?p=832387

UP handles most railroad traffic west of the Mississippi and CSX handles most of the railroad traffic east of the Mississippi.
Edited by neod192

I've been impatiently waiting all week until Wednesday so I could ask for my weekly update from cyberdman so that I could track my rail car like others have been doing and this morning he posts:

"In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Lordsburg, NM Mar-26-2013, 20:05 MT.

ETA Apr-04-2013."

Arrggghh! How do you guys get the railcar info?

I am afraid to ask him for more updates :). Yours salesman should be able to get it.

I've been impatiently waiting all week until Wednesday so I could ask for my weekly update from cyberdman so that I could track my rail car like others have been doing and this morning he posts:

"In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Lordsburg, NM Mar-26-2013, 20:05 MT.

ETA Apr-04-2013."

Arrggghh! How do you guys get the railcar info?

The railcar # is included in the first "In Transit" status in the vehicle visibility report. You're past that and your best bet is to ask your dealer to look it up. They'll have to run the vehicle visibility report and look at the full history to find the first "In Transit" status. You can also try and ask Cyberdman, but he might yell at you for asking too much :) Good luck!

• Like 2

Etis is now showing my car is built... Yess!!! Now how I have to play the rail car waiting game. How long before that happens?

We're in the same boat. Showed up this morning on ETIS.

Ford CS says status is "Awaiting Shipment".

Do they all go to that status after built? I would think so.

I've asked my salesperson for an update.