Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Are you sure it didn't say "Placed at Industry"?

That is railroad talk for the railcar being placed at the spot in the rail yard where it will be unloaded.

The last three checkpoints for my car were:

April 12 1055 ET Arrived at Twin Oaks, PA (This is the end of the rail trip)

April 12 1615 ET Placed at Industry Twin Oaks, PA (At unloading position)

April 13 0622 ET Empty - departed for Connellsville, PA

Well I had it faxed to me, it says:

ETTX 810104 Loaded

Estimated Time of Arrival at Industry: Jun 02 09:00 AM

It doesn't specify a date. So I am assuming, but my first car was at the dealers inside of 9 days, so the schedule fits. May 25th plus 9 days would be Monday June 3rd, to arrive in Riverside CA.

I could be wrong, but still hoping for next week delivery either way. Maybe there are lots of places named Industry, I wouldn't think my car would go to PA and then to California. But maybe you are correct and Industry is just a word they use. I will keep track and see where it ends up. But even if it's unloaded in Arizona somewhere, that is still only one or two days drive once on the truck.

Did you get rail updates saying where your railcar was? Mine just says "Loaded". That doesn't say much :)

You misunderstood my statement.

Industry is not a name of a place in PA.

The final railyard for delivery of my car was at Twin Oaks, PA.

"Industry" is railroad terminology for the location within the railyard where the railcar is parked so it can be unloaded. It means the railroad is finished with the trip and it is now up to whoever is responsible for unloading railcars containing automobiles to do the unloading.

My take on your FAX is the railcar is estimated to be in position to be unloaded on June 2 at 9:00 AM.

The reports always say either loaded or empty at the beginning of the report. That is the status of the railcar. That is followed by a statement such as "arrived at" or "departed from" followed by a city and a time. I found I had to record the message and play it back several times while looking at a map to determine where the railcar was.

By the way, Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Titanium 1:43 scale models (Metal) are available from www.3000toys.com - got one for the wife's desk. There's a few other colors also. It's an extravagance, but - hey.

I am still waiting for them to sell a Deep Impact Blue one :) I have the Gray, Silver and White, but I may need to get the Black and Red.

• Like 1

You misunderstood my statement.

Industry is not a name of a place in PA.

The final railyard for delivery of my car was at Twin Oaks, PA.

"Industry" is railroad terminology for the location within the railyard where the railcar is parked so it can be unloaded. It means the railroad is finished with the trip and it is now up to whoever is responsible for unloading railcars containing automobiles to do the unloading.

My take on your FAX is the railcar is estimated to be in position to be unloaded on June 2 at 9:00 AM.

The reports always say either loaded or empty at the beginning of the report. That is the status of the railcar. That is followed by a statement such as "arrived at" or "departed from" followed by a city and a time. I found I had to record the message and play it back several times while looking at a map to determine where the railcar was.

Ok, that does make sense. So the question then is... where will it get dropped off. I guess I call on June 2nd to see. But maybe I will call every day to get an update. Yes, the recording is very hard to understand. But that location in Industry, CA did have railcars and carriers.

funny co-incidence.

All your movement must have helped me too. I have a case number and ford is going to call every 2 days till I have my car. Today they told me it is on a truck and picked up from the rail warehouse holding area. Man it has been a long time and I really can't wait. Hearing this news I can hold on till he end - YAY!

Yup Nogales, AZ seems to be the entry point for US rail. I am guessing they then all hit Tucson for distribution to the train going to the closest rail head to the dealer.

Mine is due in Kirby, TX pushed one day to 1-JUN, which is next to San Antonio (unless there is another one). It is estimated to take another 11 days to get the 90 miles up IH-35 to Austin.

post-49898-0-37592600-1369947644_thumb.jpgpost-49898-0-06459500-1369947646_thumb.jpgpost-49898-0-13801100-1369947647_thumb.jpgpost-49898-0-72142700-1369947648_thumb.jpg

Ok, that does make sense. So the question then is... where will it get dropped off. I guess I call on June 2nd to see. But maybe I will call every day to get an update. Yes, the recording is very hard to understand. But that location in Industry, CA did have railcars and carriers.

funny co-incidence.

When I was following mine by rail the next stop was Industry, which I thought it was off-loaded there but then I skipped a day and decided to call again and the message sounded like it was definitely off-loaded in Phoenix. It didn't make sense to me that it would go all the way to Industry which was closer to me then to Phoenix but that's what it sounded like so you'll have to keep listening to see where it ends up. Either way it won't be long now!

Here are my promised pics! Sorry it took so long to get them posted. I just absolutely love this car! It handles so well and it's so quiet and comfortable. I love the sound system but it's still taking some time figuring out how to work everything lol. Not only that but it gets a lot of looks and comments too. The only bad thing I could comment on which isn't really a bad thing is I'm on my third tank which holds by the way 13.5 gallons and have only averaged around 35.5. Individual drives have registered in the low 40's but overall it has been in the 35/36 range. That could also be because of a grade I have nearby me which I have travelled up a few times though. I can't complain since my other vehicle doesn't reach anything near it.

For those of you who ordered the cargo net make sure you have the hooks. Mine didn't come with them and they had to order them.

Good luck to all of you that are receiving your cars soon. It's been great being a part of this forum and everyone's help. Thank you Malibu for keeping up the spreadsheet, it has been a great help to all of us.

• Like 1

Yup Nogales, AZ seems to be the entry point for US rail. I am guessing they then all hit Tucson for distribution to the train going to the closest rail head to the dealer.

Mine is due in Kirby, TX pushed one day to 1-JUN, which is next to San Antonio (unless there is another one). It is estimated to take another 11 days to get the 90 miles up IH-35 to Austin.

Well mine had an ETA of June 15. I don't think so, my first car took 9 days. I am expecting the same which puts it at my dealers on June 3rd, or 4th. So 11 days before that. I am thinking they estimate long to account for delays if there are any. Then if there are no delays the car arrives early, which makes everyone happy :)

So..... Maybe you will get your car before me, June 3rd :) --- The Race is ON!! lol

• Like 1

20130430_182624 (1024x768).jpg 20130529_125928 (1024x768).jpg 20130529_130130 (1024x768).jpg 20130529_130211 (1024x768).jpg

When I was following mine by rail the next stop was Industry, which I thought it was off-loaded there but then I skipped a day and decided to call again and the message sounded like it was definitely off-loaded in Phoenix. It didn't make sense to me that it would go all the way to Industry which was closer to me then to Phoenix but that's what it sounded like so you'll have to keep listening to see where it ends up. Either way it won't be long now!

Here are my promised pics! Sorry it took so long to get them posted. I just absolutely love this car! It handles so well and it's so quiet and comfortable. I love the sound system but it's still taking some time figuring out how to work everything lol. Not only that but it gets a lot of looks and comments too. The only bad thing I could comment on which isn't really a bad thing is I'm on my third tank which holds by the way 13.5 gallons and have only averaged around 35.5. Individual drives have registered in the low 40's but overall it has been in the 35/36 range. That could also be because of a grade I have nearby me which I have travelled up a few times though. I can't complain since my other vehicle doesn't reach anything near it.

For those of you who ordered the cargo net make sure you have the hooks. Mine didn't come with them and they had to order them.

Good luck to all of you that are receiving your cars soon. It's been great being a part of this forum and everyone's help. Thank you Malibu for keeping up the spreadsheet, it has been a great help to all of us.

Ruby Red - Lookin' Fine!

So got an update on my railcar, it says delivered at interchange. So does that mean my car is no longer on the railcar? Or that it is switching trains ?

Delivered at interchange means the railcar has been handed off by one railroad company to another railroad company. Presumably from the Mexican railroad to Union Pacific.

You need to remember that the messages that you are getting are intended for railroad personnel, not for the general public. They all contain railroad buzz words that convey specific information that all railroad personnel understand. At the end of the trip the phrase "Placed at industry" will probably appear. That does not refer to a city named indusrtry. It means that the railcar has been positioned in the destination rail yard at the location where it will be unloaded. In the non-automotive case it means the railcar has been switched onto a siding and parked adjacent to an industrial factory or warehouse where it will be unloaded.

Edited by murphy62

So I think I have my final Union Pacific update, it says "Placed at Industry Jun 02 0448 AM, Current Status: Placed to Unload"

But no indication of where. I am assuming that since it was in Phoenix AZ 24 hours ago, it could be anywhere between there and Los Angeles, CA by now.

Guess it doesn't matter since even Phoenix is only about 5 or 6 hours’ drive from here. So only a day away. If it gets onto a truck today, or tomorrow, then should be at my dealers by Tuesday at the latest. But my guess is that they will have it sometime tomorrow.

Time to gather paperwork for my financing, and empty out my old car to go into the new car !! :)

Soon I will graduate and become part of the great Alumni!!!

Even though I was set back a car due to dealer error, I may graduate a car late, but I will graduate !! lol

Yes, I do know this. I have read the horror stories here. But I am hoping. My first car arrived at the dealers 9 days after the build date. If that follows for this car that will be Monday. So far it looks good. But yes, you are correct. Fingers crossed !!!! And no disrespect to those who paid their dues and had to wait excess of time !!

My last R/R update was the cool, "Unloaded, released for movement." That was Sunday morning. The Ford ETA is today. So at least 3 days to move the last 90 miles from San Antonio to Austin. I would guess they'd want to wait until they had a couple of cars/trucks to move to the same dealer.

If I am able to get Friday off it will be 149 days from order to pickup. I could say, 214,560 minutes or 12,873,560 seconds... but that'd be depressing.

• Like 1

My last R/R update was the cool, "Unloaded, released for movement." That was Sunday morning. The Ford ETA is today. So at least 3 days to move the last 90 miles from San Antonio to Austin. I would guess they'd want to wait until they had a couple of cars/trucks to move to the same dealer.

If I am able to get Friday off it will be 149 days from order to pickup. I could say, 214,560 minutes or 12,873,560 seconds... but that'd be depressing.

Dammmm, that is way toooo long!!!!!!