Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Hi... This is slightly off topic, so my apologies, but it is spreadsheet related...

I have been making all my spreadsheet related posts in the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum website... Is that forum related to the Blue Oval forum or are they separate entities?

Thanks!

Yuppers, I called my dealer today as I didn't hear from my salesman... because YESTERDAY was his last day. But they can have my girl ready with two hours warning and offered tonight. Instead, I take delivery Friday. They were kind enough to pick me up so I don't have to drive two cars home.

So baring something stupid happening go ahead and mark mine delivered 7-JUN-2013.

Yuppers, I called my dealer today as I didn't hear from my salesman... because YESTERDAY was his last day. But they can have my girl ready with two hours warning and offered tonight. Instead, I take delivery Friday. They were kind enough to pick me up so I don't have to drive two cars home.

So baring something stupid happening go ahead and mark mine delivered 7-JUN-2013.

Awesome !! Guess you win this one. I am still waiting,... but, since you have not actually taken possesion, I still have a fighting chance!!! So we shall see. Guess I have to pick mine up before Friday afternoon.

Hey, HTTP... You may have your first entry for the spreadsheet. :)

Hi Folks,

As noted above, Malibu3105 is expecting his delivery in the next few days and would like some quality time with his new baby without having to mess with the order tracking spreadsheet. Therefore, I have volunteered to maintain the tracking spreadsheet for a while. Please continue to post updates to this forum as before and I'll try to keep up with the tradition. I know I enjoyed reading about other people's progress when I was waiting for my car and I hope others will enjoy it as well.

Shaggy,

I'm not sure we can actually update the spreadsheet until you drive home from the dealer, but whet the heck, we can make the rules as we go along. I'll mark you as delivered.

• Like 2

OK.... Shaggy, be honest now, did you get your car ??

I took delivery of mine about 6:00pm PDT. Shag, no cheating now. I think I may have beat you !! lol

HTTP, mark me officially in possession of my new car. Pics to follow, dark outside now.

My first drive at night was very weird. So much going on on the dash, so fun to drive. Overwhelming. Just how I like it :)

By the way, it's RED !!! lol

• Like 3

I was scheduled to be picked up at my house at 9:15... finally got the ride from the dealer at 10:15. Left the dealer around 4:15 PM. They refused to honor the $750 coupon despite oral reassurances to the contrary. Two calls to Ford and they agreed to a 3 year of premium maintenance plan... Not the same and not sure the $500 or so MSRP is real, but they didn't have to do it.

It seems the salesman warned him about me so I really didn't get any hard sell from the finance person. They did match Flood Ford for the ESP after the first quote of $2495. 7 years, 100k, $100 ded for $1135. Guy said I was getting it for less than they normally offer to Ford employees which is cost + $100. They got me a nice rate of 1.34% for 48 months, so all told I think I did ok.

Didn't use a drop of gas driving home... did in the driveway playing with all the settings. :-D

Taught the sync guy 2 things so I did good there. He was surprised I had already setup the sync account and bound my phone before he got there.

• Like 3

I was scheduled to be picked up at my house at 9:15... finally got the ride from the dealer at 10:15. Left the dealer around 4:15 PM. They refused to honor the $750 coupon despite oral reassurances to the contrary. Two calls to Ford and they agreed to a 3 year of premium maintenance plan... Not the same and not sure the $500 or so MSRP is real, but they didn't have to do it.

It seems the salesman warned him about me so I really didn't get any hard sell from the finance person. They did match Flood Ford for the ESP after the first quote of $2495. 7 years, 100k, $100 ded for $1135. Guy said I was getting it for less than they normally offer to Ford employees which is cost + $100. They got me a nice rate of 1.34% for 48 months, so all told I think I did ok.

Didn't use a drop of gas driving home... did in the driveway playing with all the settings. :-D

Taught the sync guy 2 things so I did good there. He was surprised I had already setup the sync account and bound my phone before he got there.

Awesome!! Ok you win. We both got our cars the same day. Now the learning curve. I printed the 450some page manual (2 1/2 inch thick printed both sides in a large binder.

Made notes as to what page things are on. The fun starts today.

My first drive was at night, so weird. Like being in a disco. Need to get used to all that ambiant lighting. But I like it !!!!

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. The car is so awesome.

Funny thing this morning, I went out with friends for breakfast, walked away from the car which locked, heard two horn beeps letting me know it was locked. Returned 90 minutes later to find it running!!!! Seems you have to hit STOP to stop the engine! lol. The engine was running to preserve my nice warm cabin temperature.

It only changed my MPG by 2 gals p mile, and I got that back on my way home.

Car is so fun. Also, found out that with predictive cruise, you get a battery charge every time someone cuts in front of you as it uses the regen to slow the car !!

Love it.

• Like 1

Awesome!! Ok you win. We both got our cars the same day. Now the learning curve. I printed the 450some page manual (2 1/2 inch thick printed both sides in a large binder.

Made notes as to what page things are on. The fun starts today.

My first drive was at night, so weird. Like being in a disco. Need to get used to all that ambiant lighting. But I like it !!!!

Congrats to the Both of you! :happy feet: :shift: :shift: :banvictory:

Edited by taylorjd

Funny thing this morning, I went out with friends for breakfast, walked away from the car which locked, heard two horn beeps letting me know it was locked. Returned 90 minutes later to find it running!!!! Seems you have to hit STOP to stop the engine! lol. The engine was running to preserve my nice warm cabin temperature.

Car is so fun. Also, found out that with predictive cruise, you get a battery charge every time someone cuts in front of you as it uses the regen to slow the car !!

Love it.

I hate it when that happens :). Have fun!

Love it.

Oh ya, the 2 beeps meant your key is not in the car and the car is still running :). Only beeps when you lock it from the fob a second time otherwise just clicks.

Wow! Big day. Two deliveries. I know two people who will be very busy this weekend. Congrats.

Shaggy: Was your $750 coupon expired? I got mine in the mail about two months after I ordered the car and when I walked in with it, they took it, no questions asked. I did give my sales guy the heads up that it was coming. If you handed them an unexpired coupon and they refused it, I would not only call Ford, but also make sure it showed up in the dealership evaluation.

The tracking spreadsheet has been updated to reflect the deliveries. Enjoy!

Funny thing this morning, I went out with friends for breakfast, walked away from the car which locked, heard two horn beeps letting me know it was locked

The two honks were BECAUSE you left it running. It should lock when you touch the wavy lines on the handle.

Yes, the expired coupon not being entered and or fixed to the order despite my bringing it up a few times before it expired... will be on the survey.

Edited by shaggy314

So I got everything working, but have a question, I have conected my iPhone via Bluetooth / usb cable. I can not get Pandora to play via my phone. Also, I tried to pull up my text messages on the console and it says something about bluetooth not supporting text.

Anyone else experience that? I was under the impression that Pandora worked, and also that text messages would show up on the console.

I don't have an iPhone but I found with my Galaxy S II that the first time I used any bluetooth feature with my car I had to be watching the screen on the phone to answer the questions that it asked about bluetooth access and also check a box for the phone to remember the answer. Until I caught the question about allowing text message access I also got the not supported warning from the car. The questions on the phone screen go away if not answered quickly and assume that you answered no.

• Like 1

Oh, awesome. Thank you. I will readd my phone and try again.

What about Pandora? Have you tried that?

I have with my Galaxy S4 and it works well. I use the SVoice on the galaxy to "Open Pandora". I still don't have a powered Car Cradle for my new phone.

Crazy week ending in getting my new car! So i get to join my fellow Ruby Reds! With one week left before the $750 coupon would expire I called the case manager where my delayed vehicle had been escalated. He told me only Ford Marketing could extend it. I called Ford Marketing where they promptly lied and said never in the history of Ford has Ford extended this $750 coupon; even with circumstances such as mine (so just to prove I'm not insane if you have benefitted from this extension please post a response here). They were terrible. With one week left I pushed hard on the status update for why my car has been sitting off rail for 1 month 2 weeks. At 4 days left till expiration I was updated that a stop had been placed on the vehicle and there was simply no expected delivery date anymore. My dealer's hands were tied, not to mention they weren't concerned at all. So, I realized I was going to have pay $750 more for my vehicle and it would be a race to the expiration date. I remembered that others on this forum were able to switch their vehicles once ordered. As a result, I started a comprehensive search for a similar Titanium and found one with the exact configuration I ordered, including color only 45 minutes away!!!! Not wanting to start the price negotiations over again, I wanted my dealer to make the trade but before I asked them I did a quick search on tips for trade from dealers. The best advice I read was not to contact the dealer that has the vehicle you want because then they won't trade it if they think they could get a buyer. Next the dealer was contacted to ask for the trade to make sure we didn't miss the deadline and they weren't overjoyed to collaborate. In one of the conversations my wife talked to them and she was upset! She has no emotions for this vehicle, and was sick of their apathy, apparently that was what was needed. Once she got involved they turned into helpful dealers - who knew?!! Long story put just a little shorter I ended up signing for the vehicle on the last day of the expiration and I now have my new car - just a different VIN number. I want so many of you to know this line of thinking could not have happened without the help of this forum. I hope my story helps future people that have to wait a long time for their vehicle. I ordered November 28th 2012 (entered by dealer 12/6) and took receipt of my vehicle on June 8th, 2013 - 6 months and 11 days later. I absolutely love the car, its awesome! I will post pictures really soon. Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

HyTi,

Congrats on finally getting your car. I've been following your long, sad story on the forum while waiting for my delivery. You have the patience of a saint. When my car was delayed in Chicago for a mere four days, I was on the horn to my sales guy to let him know I was not happy. i don't know if that helped, but the car did arrive with only a minor delay. The reason why I called so quickly was due to your experience.

Ford sends every buyer a customer satisfaction survey, I hope you hammered your dealer on his customer service. I've never heard of anyone being treated as badly as you. Ford corporate should have a long talk with the sales manager at that dealership.

Once again, congratulations and I hope you enjoy your Fusion as much as I love mine.