Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

www.etis.ford.com says "Build Date: 17.08.2013"

So hopefully it's travelling between there and here with an ETA of who knows. I'm not sure what the average travel time is between build date and at your dealership.

Waiting is always the hardest part.

The build date on my car was April 1 and I picked it up on April 15. I am in SE PA.

Unless yours got randomly picked for an extra quality inspection I think it should already be at the dealer.

The build date on my car was April 1 and I picked it up on April 15. I am in SE PA.

Unless yours got randomly picked for an extra quality inspection I think it should already be at the dealer.

Well what do ya know, just called the dealer and he said it just came in!

• Like 2

My build date is 8/30 according to ETIS, so I suppose I should expect my vehicle to be delivered to North Carolina in under two weeks?

It should be right around there, provided it gets onto a rail car within a day (as opposed to waiting to be consolidated with others etc)... mine rode on a rail car to Petersburg VA and took 12 days to get there, but then sat at the trucking terminal for a few days... so there are a lot of variables at play, which is why 2 weeks is a good approximate timeline but ya never know.

Edited by jeff_h
  • Like 1

You all know there are ways to track your cars or at least the Train Car it is on, once they have started on there way?

Are there ways to track your car that don't require 15 posts or a dealer who is willing to look up this information?

You can get the rail car from the first update of it being on the rail car (from the dealer or cyberdman) then you just call their automated line to get updates on that rail car#.

Bonus: You can get them to fax you the results, which I did for the final update, you know, 'cause I'm a nerd.

Edited by shaggy314
  • Like 1

Well Bard, did you pick it up yet? I love the my Deep Impact Blue!

Yes indeed! I really do like the color. It's a very nice blue. Trying to get the seat adjusted just right. That darn steering wheel adjustment lever is a pain in the butt to find the first time. So far after about 150miles my average MPG is flipping between 29 and 30, which is a good improvement over my Challenger.

• Like 1

Are there ways to track your car that don't require 15 posts or a dealer who is willing to look up this information?

I first got my Rail # from my dealer. It took a bit to convince them, but I did. After that, it was a mater of calling CSX (I can't remember the numbers, but they are in this tread somewhere). It really was fun to track it.

post-49063-0-00079200-1378929342_thumb.png

Yes indeed! I really do like the color. It's a very nice blue. Trying to get the seat adjusted just right. That darn steering wheel adjustment lever is a pain in the butt to find the first time. So far after about 150miles my average MPG is flipping between 29 and 30, which is a good improvement over my Challenger.

29 to 30 ? I take it you got one of the gas versions.

Ordered Hybrid SE on 8/14/13

Color: Dark Side

Options: Push Button Start, Moonroof, Luxury, Technology

VIN: 3FA6P0LU4ER150033

Estimated delivery is 9/23/13
Build date according to sticker was 8/29/13.
Called dealer this morning and they told us it would be 'soon' and that they would call us when it came in. Their communication pretty much sucks.
Edited by technotica
  • Like 1

Ordered Hybrid SE on 8/14/13

Color: Dark Side

Options: Push Button Start, Moonroof, Luxury, Technology

VIN: 3FA6P0LU4ER150033

Estimated delivery is 9/23/13
Build date according to sticker was 8/29/13.
Called dealer this morning and they told us it would be 'soon' and that they would call us when it came in. Their communication pretty much sucks.

We stopped by the dealer this afternoon and they had our car on the lot. According to the owner the transport arrived about an hour before we arrived! We're picking it up tomorrow after work - very excited!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Model: Dark Side 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Date Ordered: 9/26/2013

JOB: ?

Promised Delivery time: none

VIN Available: yes

Window Sticker Available: yes
Scheduled Build Week: TBD
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date:
Estimated Delivery Date:
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: WI

• Like 2

Got My VIN today for a '14 with late availability options (job 2). I really hope that means that Ford is on schedule to start building the job 2's in mid Nov as planned. It took me over eight weeks to get my VIN last time I ordered. Three days is much nicer.

• Like 1

FINALLY got my DORA. Had to call a couple of times and pester, turns out they hadn't put in the order until Wednesday, even though I ordered last Friday. Argh. At least it's priority 10?

Assuming that everything related to the deal was in place (Deposit, Financing Approval, Etc.) there's no excuse for a Dealer to delay placing a retail factory order. What if Ford had announced a price increase on the model?

Assuming that everything related to the deal was in place (Deposit, Financing Approval, Etc.) there's no excuse for a Dealer to delay placing a retail factory order.

Don't know why some dealers have problems with this... on my retail order I negotiated with the dealer over email and we agreed on options and price, I just needed to go there and sign order request and give deposit -- when I got there the sales manager had a screen print of my order and said they were ready to hit 'send', however I saw the original color choice in person (as I drove into the dealer lot) and didn't like it as much, walked in and said I wanted a different color and it took just a minute or two for them to change the color code and then hit 'send' and it was as easy as that, got my VOC as I walked out and started a cyberdman thread that showed that it was placed that same day as I went there.

Edited by jeff_h
  • Like 1