Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Got a "partial VIN" for my order yesterday. Dealer says they should have the full VIN next week. I've never heard of getting a partial VIN. Is that normal?

Model: Sterling Gray 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Date Ordered: 11/4/2013

Job: F900

Promised Delivery time: 8-12 weeks

VIN: 3FA6P0SU_E_______ (partial)

Scheduled Build Week: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released fro Factory for Shipping: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

The partial VIN is based on the trim, engine, and year that you ordered. That's the same for all cars like yours and is easy to figure out. What they haven't given you yet is the unique serial number which is the last 6 digits, along with the check sum digit which can only be calculated from the full VIN. This likely means your car hasn't been scheduled yet. They actually left out one additional digit that can be determined already:

3FA6P0SU_ER______

Got a "partial VIN" for my order yesterday. Dealer says they should have the full VIN next week. I've never heard of getting a partial VIN. Is that normal?

That's an incorrect 'partial' VIN, as the 'P0S' in the middle portion is for a Titanium Energi... if you are waiting on a Titanium Hybrid, that would be a 'P0R' (and the 'E' later to the right is just for a 2014 model) -- sounds like they are blowing smoke as once a VIN is established it gets done as a whole.

Scheduled Build Week: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released fro Factory for Shipping: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

They're giving you lip service. Every VIN has that same boilerplate for your car. There is no such thing as a partial VIN. When Ford processes the order you get a full VIN. No VIN, no process complete year.

Whoops. My bad. I did in fact order a Energi Titanium. I really am starting to wonder if they're playing games though. From what you guys are saying, they could have given me this number the day they placed the order.

Yeah they could have given you that shell on the day you ordered, as everything is known except for the check digit and the serial number (last 6)... as timf noted above.

I did get my VIN the day I placed the order. Maybe they mean window sticker? I still haven't received my window sticker info because the build date isn't until Dec 16th.

Here is a link that's been referenced a few times, maybe even earlier in this thread... is a few years old but probably still pretty accurate.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

A partial VIN number is generated for all units when the order is placed and becomes part of the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and has nothing to do with an order's scheduling status. The partial VIN number includes those designators that correspond with the vehicle specifications ordered including some general items. The complete VIN number is generated as soon as the order is scheduled.

FYI... There is no scheduling for Fusion this week. The ONLY vehicle line scheduling this week is F-150 orders.

• Like 1

Here's another tip to determine when your vehicle is built, that is if it is Sync enabled. Go to myfordmobile.com and attempt to register your vehicle using your VIN. MyFordMobile will not recognize your VIN until the car is built, then it will allow you to give the car a name and to select its color. Mine (affectionately named "Wraith") was finally built today. :worship::yahoo:

I got it! Unfortunately, by the time we got all the rigmarole at the dealer finished up it was dark out. I'll take more interior pictures tomorrow! Love it, though. The adaptive cruise control is amazing, and I looooooooove the heated steering wheel.

You're gonna love it. Find yourself a warm place to play with all the toys and configure all the options. I went through the same long instructional session at the dealership when I picked up my Energi in May. It was one of the first PHEVs sold at Ted Britt and the salesman and I were learning together. I'm still finding new features and neat stuff after 6 months of daily driving. This forum helps a lot.

I'm seeing more and more Fusions on the road around here. Welcome to to the club.

I got it! Unfortunately, by the time we got all the rigmarole at the dealer finished up it was dark out. I'll take more interior pictures tomorrow! Love it, though. The adaptive cruise control is amazing, and I looooooooove the heated steering wheel.

Also, please check to see if you HD radio is working. There have been some issues with 14 Titanium's HD radios. Our build dates are suppose to clear of those issues, but it would be nice know for sure.

Here's another tip to determine when your vehicle is built, that is if it is Sync enabled. Go to myfordmobile.com and attempt to register your vehicle using your VIN. MyFordMobile will not recognize your VIN until the car is built, then it will allow you to give the car a name and to select its color. Mine (affectionately named "Wraith") was finally built today. :worship::yahoo:

My car was unloaded from the train this morning, leaving only a 3 hour truck ride to the Dealer.

I am disappointed to relate that, although my Dealer's inventory manager has tried to help me, she has been a source of erroneous information. First, it took her nearly a week to place my special order even though I had specified that time was of the essence since I had $750 in Ford Cash. When she did, she specified a priority code of 19. When I asked her why, she said that was all they could do and that it was Unscheduled Clean. I told her she could specify 11-19. She changed it and on the following Thursday Cyberdman told me the car had been scheduled to November 25 (this was at the end of October).

When I called her for an update on November 26 she told me I had been re-scheduled to December 9...my Ford Cash expires on Dec. 7. On Wednesday, Nov. 27 I used the MyFordMobile registration process (described above) to determine that my car had been built that day. On Friday, Nov. 30 I asked her to check her records again to confirm the Wednesday build and to get a delivery ETA. On Monday, Dec. 2, Cyberdman confirmed it had been built, that it was already in Nogales, and ETA was Dec. 11. On Dec. 3 I spoke with the inventory manager directly and asked her to check the vehicle visibility report. She did and reported an ETA of Dec. 12. I asked her for a rail car number, she said it the report did not list one. She faxed the attached report to me to prove that she was right and I was mistaken. post-51044-0-89740000-1386182508_thumb.jpg I noted for her that the report indicated that the car could be delivered as early as Dec. 6 and as late as Dec. 12. But more importantly I told her that the report she had sent was a current report and that she needed to look back at the full status history for an ETTX number which would have been assigned just prior to the status changing to "in transit". She did and found the number, but then said it only applied to the segment between the plant and Nogales. I told her I thought it applied to the rail car, not the train, and that I would check with Union Pacific for current status. She responded that the Visibility Report was the most current information and she offered for me to call her back on Friday for an update. I told her the UP system is constantly updated. So I performed a telephone inquiry and requested it to fax a report to me. I then sent the report, which indicated the car was scheduled to arrive at its destination today. Today I ran another UP inquiry and obtained the attached trace report indicating the train car was at its destination waiting to be unloaded. I sent the report to her to alert her to the probability that car will be delivered to the dealership later today or tomorrow. I then called the new car manager and made an appointment for noon on Friday to sign the purchase paperwork for the car and take advantage of the Ford Cash.

I'm just happy to be getting my car this week.

post-51044-0-51708200-1386183272_thumb.jpg

Wow Lucifer, she was no use at all. What a pain.

Toz - my HD radio seems to work fine! Sorry I still haven't taken any pics, things have been crazy busy around here when it's still light out enough to take pics.

how do you like the Ceramic interior?

Also, please check to see if you HD radio is working. There have been some issues with 14 Titanium's HD radios. Our build dates are suppose to clear of those issues, but it would be nice know for sure.

I have HD in my '13 MKZh that I took delivery on 5/13 and have had absolutely no issues with the HD radio.

Wow Lucifer, she was no use at all. What a pain.

Toz - my HD radio seems to work fine! Sorry I still haven't taken any pics, things have been crazy busy around here when it's still light out enough to take pics.

Hey trvlrschick, if it's not too much to ask, can you take a picture of your MFT when all the menus are at the default screen. I want to know if the cooled option on the seats and the heated steering wheel controls are available from the default screen, or if you actually have to go into the climate control module to turn them on / off. I have the MFT iPad app, but the cooled seat and heated steering wheel controls are not even an option for the Fusion MFT. I just curious to see if Ford made them a hassle to operate them.

Toz - I haven't marked it up yet, so it's still on my good side. ;) I like the contrast in the interior, too. Hopefully I can keep the seats clean.

ReadySetSmoke - yes, they are available on the default screen, all the heated/cooled options are lined up in a row under the temperature indicator. The steering wheel is in the middle, then the cooled option next to that, and the heated seats on the outside. I wish they were buttons on the console, but it's fine. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow afternoon (I get out of work early for a change).

• Like 1