Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

All the answers to most everyone new to the forum have been ask and answered many times.

Spend some time reading these posts and you will learn a great deal about your new ford and a lot about the ordering process,how to track your car and much more.

Reason I was asking is because I used the ford build chat, and she was saying it was being built now. I am getting conflicting stories, and if murphy worked for ford, and was available to check, I saw no problem with asking. Maybe you could answer my question chuckokie36

I posted earlier today for cyberdman. I guess I am just excited, as this is our first new car. I guess this is the old, a watched pot never boils thing. Wish I could leave it alone, but Im having a hard time not being able to back away from the forums. Thanks, Steve

It's not available yet.

Click this link to check for it yourself.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0RU0DR288898

That tells me that the date in your signature is the build week, not the build day.

I would expect your sticker to show up either tomorrow or Saturday.

Typically, but not always, the sticker is available 7 days before the build day.

Thanks Murphy62

Reason I was asking is because I used the ford build chat, and she was saying it was being built now. I am getting conflicting stories, and if murphy worked for ford, and was available to check, I saw no problem with asking. Maybe you could answer my question chuckokie36

I worked for Philco-Ford over 40 years ago but today I am just a Ford stockholder.

There is a lot of information available on this forum but it takes a lot of reading to dig it all out.

A pattern that seems to work is get an update from cyberdman the Friday before your build to week, that way you will get a build to day, after the build to day check ETIS with your vin to get a build date, that way you do not have to waste a cyberdman update.

Cyberdman update a week later will hopefully get you a rail car that you can track or request weekly updates to watch your car on its way to your dealer.

• Like 1

I posted earlier today for cyberdman. I guess I am just excited, as this is our first new car. I guess this is the old, a watched pot never boils thing. Wish I could leave it alone, but Im having a hard time not being able to back away from the forums. Thanks, Steve

This! Exactly this!

• Like 1

Until further notice, rail cars are on commodity constraint :)

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Here is the actual notice from March 7th.

3/7/13

Shortage of Railcars (US and Canada)

Ford reports that railways are currently experiencing a shortage of railcars in the US and in Canada. This shortage is due to an industry wide seasonal peak in volume and is not expected to last beyond mid-April. Ford also states that they are monitoring the situation and will work to minimize any shipping delays.

Ford is short of rail cars and Ruby red paint...I am short of patience! (and I know that I have waited much less than some others here!) But as I still really, really want this car, I will continue to wait.

My scheduled build week for my Hybrid Titanium was the week of 3/25/13. Contacted Ford headquarters on the 20th with surprising news that my car is IN PRODUCTION. This is the status on the visibility report..not some shady dealer trying to make me happy. My window sticker was made available on 3/21/13...so one day after production started of my vehicle. My vehicle is in the 282,000 ....so i dont know if they are going in order..if they are they are really ahead of schedule so a lot of you people with 3/25 build dates may actually have your car in production this week or right now if you havent gotten status updates yet...if they are producing out of order then i got lucky with mine. My window sticker confirms under SPECIAL ORDER at the bottom that the build date is 3/20/13...not the date on the very bottom which is the date the window sticker was accessed, but the actual date apart of the code of the window sticker says 3/20/13.

According to what some others have said in this thread "The "Vehicle Visibility" program will show the "In Production" status as soon as the vehicle actually starts the assembly process."

Also, I don't seem to be the only one with their car meant for a 3/25 build week but being built this week..captinkirk seems to be in the same boat as me as his car was built a day before mine was. I'm really excited to know it's in production and going down the assembly line early...i know i cant be the only one. I called Ford again the next dfay to verify status and they said again it is in production...not unscheduled clean, not scheduled, not anything other than IN PRODUCTION...no ETA, nothing like that..however Fordetis is not showing any specific dates yet...so i can confirm as well that system is not the most reliable source to go by for up to date information and can be behind if ford is ahead? Who knows how Fordetis really works other than theories going around here..not that it really matters...the only thing that matters is getting reliable information about your vehicle from a reliable source. Once you have that you dont have to play the guessing game or follow the heard of people waiting for their vehicles with theories of who, what, when where, why things are happening around here.

Now..the big thing is..how long will production take AND most importantly when will the car ship when its done. Titanium Hybrids were on hold for quality testing for a while and have recently been released and are starting to ship out to dealers so hopefully the wait is over or won't be that long since they are starting to move again.

The date embedded in the sticker is not the build date. It is the date the sticker was created. Your build date will be approximately 7 days after the sticker date.

Your vehicle is "in production" as soon as the specifications are transmitted to the production plant. The actual build date will appear in ETIS one or two days after it has been built.

Somewhere on this forum I read that it takes 18 hours to build a car. Whether that is true or not I have no idea. There is currently a shortage of rail cars so delivery may take longer than normal.

Somewhere on this forum I read that it takes 18 hours to build a car. Whether that is true or not I have no idea.

I noted this in a different thread somewhere... the below clip is a walking tour in Dearborn where F-150s are being made, the goofy interviewer asks the plant manager how long it takes to assemble one from start to finish, the reply was about 18 hours. The Fusion assembly is a bit different than the F-150 so the time might vary a bit, but I wouldn't think it would vary a huge amount.

So the below video is interesting, is 48 minutes long and you have to deal with the goofy interviewer, but still interesting.

• Like 1

As am I!!

Here is a question for ice-capades.... Will a vehicle show "Unscheduled - Clean" even if there were an active commodity issue, or would it show some other status, like "Unschedulded - Commodity Hold" or something like that?

The "Unscheduled/Clean" status on the Daily Status Reports is only in reference to the order complying with the order guide requirements. The CONCEPS ordering system generates error notices and recommendations to help make sure that dealers place vehicle orders that are clean and buildable per the Order Guide.

The commodity issues change on a weekly basis which is why Ford generates the weekly "Commodity & Constraints Letter" along with the "SIMS Reports" to provide dealers with the information they need in order to maximize vehicle scheduling. It's not easy and it takes a bit of time to keep track of all the commodity issues and at times it's more than a bit frustrating.

All Ruby Red orders are on commodity constraint until at least the week of April 1. After that, it's a matter of priority and any other constraints. Once you get a VIN, you're in the scheduling process, so you have to keep asking for updates to get your BUILD TO dates (Week, then Day).

Ruby Red is available for scheduling for "Retail" orders only.

Someone named jgeorg asked for a tracking update for their Lincoln MKZ on Cyberdman's thread. The VIN is highlighted in blue, meaning it is a link to another website.

Cyberdman made a snarky remark about how the link opens up the "Vehicle Visibility" page on Ford's website and why was jgeorg asking him for a tracking status update if he had access to the Vehicle Visibility. If you click the link, it takes you to a login page. Here's the web address: https://www.wslx.dealerconnection.com/login.cgi?WslIP=166.143.128.180&portstripping=yes&back=https://www.vehiclevisibility.dealerconnection.com:12363/VehicleVisibilityWeb/historyOrderStatus.do&statusHistoryParam=executeShowFullStatusHistory&searchType=orderNoSearch&vehicleOrderUniqueKey=34796627%403LN6L2G92DR807655

It would be great if we could all login (as has been suggested before) with our own ID that is given by Ford when we place our order. That way, we wouldn't have to pester @FordService or "Eric at Ford" on Facebook.

• Like 1

It would be great if we could all login (as has been suggested before) with our own ID that is given by Ford when we place our order. That way, we wouldn't have to pester @FordService or "Eric at Ford" on Facebook.

I have wondered why even need a login to check on a given VIN? User should be able to input a VIN on a public website and the service displays the latest status, and why should it matter whose order it is? This is already the case for retrieving window stickers where authentication is not required, why should there be a difference for retrieving the latest build and shipping status?

My scheduled build week for my Hybrid Titanium was the week of 3/25/13. Contacted Ford headquarters on the 20th with surprising news that my car is IN PRODUCTION. This is the status on the visibility report..not some shady dealer trying to make me happy. My window sticker was made available on 3/21/13...so one day after production started of my vehicle. My vehicle is in the 282,000 ....so i dont know if they are going in order..if they are they are really ahead of schedule so a lot of you people with 3/25 build dates may actually have your car in production this week or right now if you havent gotten status updates yet...if they are producing out of order then i got lucky with mine. My window sticker confirms under SPECIAL ORDER at the bottom that the build date is 3/20/13...not the date on the very bottom which is the date the window sticker was accessed, but the actual date apart of the code of the window sticker says 3/20/13.

According to what some others have said in this thread "The "Vehicle Visibility" program will show the "In Production" status as soon as the vehicle actually starts the assembly process."

Also, I don't seem to be the only one with their car meant for a 3/25 build week but being built this week..captinkirk seems to be in the same boat as me as his car was built a day before mine was. I'm really excited to know it's in production and going down the assembly line early...i know i cant be the only one. I called Ford again the next dfay to verify status and they said again it is in production...not unscheduled clean, not scheduled, not anything other than IN PRODUCTION...no ETA, nothing like that..however Fordetis is not showing any specific dates yet...so i can confirm as well that system is not the most reliable source to go by for up to date information and can be behind if ford is ahead? Who knows how Fordetis really works other than theories going around here..not that it really matters...the only thing that matters is getting reliable information about your vehicle from a reliable source. Once you have that you dont have to play the guessing game or follow the heard of people waiting for their vehicles with theories of who, what, when where, why things are happening around here.

Now..the big thing is..how long will production take AND most importantly when will the car ship when its done. Titanium Hybrids were on hold for quality testing for a while and have recently been released and are starting to ship out to dealers so hopefully the wait is over or won't be that long since they are starting to move again.

The only way to know for for sure is to ask Cyberdman.

All the ford chat sources and 1-800 lines have proven to be unreliable many times before , maybe you'll get lucky, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the date at the bottom of the sticker is the day before the sticker was available. For example my sticker was available on 3/15, but the date on the sticker is 3/14. It was not available on 3/14.

The vehicle visibility report will show the car as "In Production" from the time the sticker is generated until the "Build Date". In my case, the status changed to " In Production" on 3/14. According to the Vehicle Visibility Report status glossary, this means the order was sent to the factory to be built.

The Scheduled to Day date is the tentative last day of the build process. So if it takes 3 days to build the car, this should be the last day of the build process. Ideally this will also be the Build Date (if things go as scheduled).

Etis will show the Build Date (the last day of production) the day after your car is built. So if your car is "In Production", Etis will show the generic date.

PS. My dealer gave me the full history of the vehicle visibility report, so that's how I have all the details on my order. They can either print/scan/e-mail this to you or they can export it to Excel and e-mail it. I also got a copy of the glossary for the Vehicle Visibility Report status - it explains what each status means - very useful!

Hope this clarifies the process :)

PS. My dealer gave me the full history of the vehicle visibility report, so that's how I have all the details on my order. They can either print/scan/e-mail this to you or they can export it to Excel and e-mail it. I also got a copy of the glossary for the Vehicle Visibility Report status - it explains what each status means - very useful!

All dealers are not created equal, or maybe better stated either not equally equipped or maybe not equally knowledgeable - I specifically asked mine about a Vehicle Visibility Report and sent them a PDF from another VIN that was posted here on the forum, said I was looking for something like THIS for my VIN... they said they have never seen such a report but it sure would be helpful to have. I said well hopefully the sales manager or inventory manager can go up the chain and get access.

All dealers are not created equal, or maybe better stated either not equally equipped or maybe not equally knowledgeable - I specifically asked mine about a Vehicle Visibility Report and sent them a PDF from another VIN that was posted here on the forum, said I was looking for something like THIS for my VIN... they said they have never seen such a report but it sure would be helpful to have. I said well hopefully the sales manager or inventory manager can go up the chain and get access.

I agree. It's definitely been nice being able to call my sales person every other day and get an accurate status! I haven't had to ask Cyberdman for a status update yet. I asked Trina and Eric on FB a few times, but didn't bug them too much. I won't take that for granted anymore :)

Edited by neod192

Looks like mine is in transit :happy feet: expected arrival 31 Mar...Like I will believe the dealer the next day when he calls and says its ready. :drop:

Loosa's HiTi had no trouble getting on a train!! It was built on 3/18 and in New Mexico in 4 days!!

In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Sanrosa, NM Mar-21-2013, 22:17 MT.

ETA Mar-31-2013.

Maybe the problem is with your particular energi rprobst? Held up for additional inspections? There are 4 other energi's that were built around the same time is yours that have been delivered or are enroute.

rprobst

If only. Rail cars seem to be in short supply right now. My car has been waiting for a train for 17 days (so far).

Edited by chuckokie36