2013 MKZ Tracking

Xplan pricing is for the car only. If you believe it is for more then go to partner.ford.com and look up the price of your other items. You won't really find them there. What the dealer might have done for you is given you the same xplan discount - roughly 6 % or whatever it figures out to be on those other items, but issue is that all add on's have a TON of dealer mark up in them and they negotiate them all the time. So while it is maybe a nice gesture and you are happy with that discount being extended then you win, but that dealer will also negotiate much deeper discounts on those add on items if you push him and he will still make money.

He said they don't make as much $$ selling cars anymore, they make it on service and on the other items they sell at the sale (Xzilon, extended warranties, etc). So, they were two things I intended to buy anyway. He did give me the X-Plan discount on them and he made some money … as he should. I have a general rule when buying things like that … discount prices for me, you can make some money on the deal, just don't try to make all of your profit on me. In addition to the discounts, he got me a 2.2% loan rate. I had a 3.99% already set up w/my bank. With the lower interest rate, my mo. payment stayed the same as it would have w/o those things and with my own higher financing. I'm happy … and so is he.

You know ---

I'd love to know (not that we ever will) what exactly is going over there at LCS.

After being around for a few weeks, I can certainly empathize with those who pre-ordered back in Oct/Nov.

But there is absolutely no reason why a car company can not get a car into the hands of a customer who has special ordered in 8 weeks or less!

My situation - is that I was told that my car was completed (2/26), that it was shipped, that it had an ETA of 3/11 ....

and 7 days later Im told that it is still waiting to ship ..... and that a week after it still had not shipped (via Cyberdman) -

and then when I call LCS, Im told after a 45 minute hold that they could not find any information on my order at all!

LOL -

(if I didn't love the car this much), I'd be looking for something to take a swing at!

John

I don't think grade assist is intended for that purpose.

I know that it was intended to keep you from going too fast on a hill.i'm just wondering why it wouldn't work on a straight-away to slow you down.

"Have you ever used automatic transmission engine braking in the mountains?

Grade Assist is "Second Gear"

L is "Low".

But does that difference exist with a hybrid's continuously variable transmission????

I know that it was intended to keep you from going too fast on a hill.i'm just wondering why it wouldn't work on a straight-away to slow you down.

"Have you ever used automatic transmission engine braking in the mountains?

Grade Assist is "Second Gear"

L is "Low".

But does that difference exist with a hybrid's continuously variable transmission????

Yes, the CVT does that on purpose.

Yes, it would work on a straight to slow you down.

They are trying to mimic what a regular transmission does so that drivers will not be uncomfortable with the new mechanical equipment.

Do you remember when they first started using automatics consistently? (No, you are not that old.)

The first ones would free wheel when you took your foot off the gas.

That is why they added a rear pump to the automatics.

More economical to coast that way but scary to go down the road, pull your foot off the gas and nothing slows down.....

All this talk about using the transmission to slow down reminds me of the used Studebaker Lark that my mother used to have.

She turned onto our street,went down a gear to slow down,& had the transmission hit the ground.

This was a well-used rusty old box.

All this talk about using the transmission to slow down reminds me of the used Studebaker Lark that my mother used to have.

She turned onto our street,went down a gear to slow down,& had the transmission hit the ground.

This was a well-used rusty old box.

Reminds me of my friend who had a new 1967 Firebird 400 Four Speed.

He came off the expressway and down shifted to slow down.

Trouble was he got first instead of third at 70!

The clutch plate came through the floor board.

Yes, just like the MKZ, you could put in "L" any time you wanted................

You know ---

I'd love to know (not that we ever will) what exactly is going over there at LCS.

I've determined that they probably have scaled back on how much real info LCS now has. My car was delivered by train to it's final train depot last night in Maryland and LCS has info from 2 days ago as being in Ohio. They told me they were instructed that dealers have now more info via email. Ford is trying to let dealers handle these inquiries since dealers have indicated that they wanted to control the interaction from customers (probably worried about loosing the sale) and as we know the sales people at the dealers have other things on their minds other than our inquiries as to status.

• Like 1

Xgman where is your car heading?

You know this entire process seems to be moving in super slow motion. Every single thing I have done relating to this car since September seems to take an inordinately long time. My car arrived at the final train station last night. Hey Ford, GET THE DAM CAR OFF THE TRAIN AND TO THE DAM DEALER!!!!!!!!!! I"VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!

(to answer your question, Rockville, Maryland. Right now it's a half hour away sitting on a train waiting for Casey Jones to stop smoking crack and unload my car)

Edited by xgman

Xplan pricing is for the car only. If you believe it is for more then go to partner.ford.com and look up the price of your other items. You won't really find them there. What the dealer might have done for you is given you the same xplan discount - roughly 6 % or whatever it figures out to be on those other items, but issue is that all add on's have a TON of dealer mark up in them and they negotiate them all the time. So while it is maybe a nice gesture and you are happy with that discount being extended then you win, but that dealer will also negotiate much deeper discounts on those add on items if you push him and he will still make money.

How do you log in? Do you use your X-plan Pin?

Thanks!

That's ridiculous SMSgt. I really sorry. Things have gone from bad to worse for you. I'm still not out of the woods yet either, as apparently I am the only one who can trace my car to it's final depot so far. I really really hate all of this. You should have and maybe should even now re-order. It might be faster, or even pick a different car. Ford pretty much sucks over this in my opinion. Like the car but absolutely HATE Ford/Lincoln.

Edited by xgman

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Don't know if there is a connection to part of our delays based on quality assurance checks and the panoramic roof options (51c) but donlen is listing a 4 week delay for cars ordered with that option. That came with the same note covering multi contour seat (66c) and color options being dropped.

Edited by coyote

As of today .. .3 weeks at Flat Rock and counting; arrived 20 Feb. Still no updates in the system and a higher level of support continue to state it is still there.

Same with our car. Was told it has been through inspection but that is it. Ordered last Aug and now getting a car (maybe) after orders that happened later than mine are arriving.

I pre-ordered in mid-Nov., a hybrid, but w/o Pano roof. It was built 02-07 and is still not here. The one I have does have the Pano roof. I don't think there's any common thread to what's being held up other than it's a 2013 MKZ. The dealership said two of them were trained to do the QC and that has never happened before. They even checked the paint job with an ultra-violet light.

BTW-

Look at this section of Donlen:

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

Production of the 2014 MKZ starts 07-15-13. Can't even order the 2013 after 05-10-13.

Getting really close, folks!!

Edited by Dedonut

I pre-ordered in mid-Nov., a hybrid, but w/o Pano roof. It was built 02-07 and is still not here. The one I have does have the Pano roof. I don't think there's any common thread to what's being held up other than it's a 2013 MKZ. The dealership said two of them were trained to do the QC and that has never happened before. They even checked the paint job with an ultra-violet light.

BTW-

Look at this section of Donlen:

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

Production of the 2014 MKZ starts 07-15-13. Can't even order the 2013 after 05-10-13.

Getting really close, folks!!

What a mess. That is really ridiculous. Everything about this situation angers me. I guess the only thing new on the 2014 (if Lincoln survives) will be fixes from the 2013. In 3 months our cars will be one model year old. Talk about fast depreciation. . . .

Edited by xgman

What a mess. That is really ridiculous. Everything about this situation angers me. I guess the only thing new on the 2014 (if Lincoln survives) will be fixes from the 2013. In 3 months our cars will be one model year old. Talk about fast depreciation. . . .

Actually very slow and tortuous depreciation.

As of today .. .3 weeks at Flat Rock and counting; arrived 20 Feb. Still no updates in the system and a higher level of support continue to state it is still there.

Hate tell you this but our car was up there about the same time as you. Well today while speaking to Lincoln and we spoke to the person just above the person you normally get and they told my wife 8-10 weeks to get through inspections. This makes no sense to us but that was what we were told about 3 mins ago. I did not speak to them but my wife is hot over this one

It depends on where you got your X-Plan pin#. For me, I joined EAA:

Members Only login at: http://www.oshkosh365.org/ok365_contentdetail.aspx?id=1818

go to EAA Members only:

then Ford Partner Program;

US Members get Pin#

X-Plan Discounts-Pricing and Incentives

I am a Ford shareholder. I will try looking at the corporate web site again. I will check again. Thanks!

Still not sure what the depreciation focus is... It drops 20% the minute you drive it off the lot, whether it's in January or July... If you own for 5 years or more, then depreciation really doesn't matter. If you plan on owning for less than that and selling it in that timeframe, then many would probably recommend leasing rather than buying. And again, even then, the depreciation won't really depend upon when it was shipped, but the miles and model year more than anything (especially on Lincolns, which historically depreciate fast and hard). The only thing that would vary would be how long you had to enjoy it, not the depreciation amount.

Still not sure what the depreciation focus is... It drops 20% the minute you drive it off the lot, whether it's in January or July... If you own for 5 years or more, then depreciation really doesn't matter. If you plan on owning for less than that and selling it in that timeframe, then many would probably recommend leasing rather than buying. And again, even then, the depreciation won't really depend upon when it was shipped, but the miles and model year more than anything (especially on Lincolns, which historically depreciate fast and hard). The only thing that would vary would be how long you had to enjoy it, not the depreciation amount.

It's year end clearance at model launch prices in effect! The minute I drive it home it's almost a whole model year old! I'm exaggerating a bit, but the principal is true.

Edited by xgman

Hate tell you this but our car was up there about the same time as you. Well today while speaking to Lincoln and we spoke to the person just above the person you normally get and they told my wife 8-10 weeks to get through inspections. This makes no sense to us but that was what we were told about 3 mins ago. I did not speak to them but my wife is hot over this one

Anyone in this untenable situation needs to contact Ford upper management now! What's going on here is totally unacceptable and I'm not sure they are really aware of all these shenanigans as such. Misinformation is pervasive all the way around. All I know is Tanner and I both contacted upper management and within 1-2 days, our cars both shipped directly to our dealers without stopping in Flat Rock (East Coast for mine) In fact my dealer, with the regional Ford reps approval, re-ordered my exact car as a back up plan, just in case.

Edited by xgman