2013 MKZ Tracking

Our status has gone from Awating Shipment with and ETA of March 11 to......Awaiting Shipment with NO ETA. uggg. Isn't this backwards progress?

Mine is in a similar state .... Or at least it was 2 weeks ago; can't get any update in the last 4 days

Compounding this is my best friend who just got his special ordered Dodge Charger in just 4 weeks!

:-(

Our status has gone from Awating Shipment with and ETA of March 11 to......Awaiting Shipment with NO ETA. uggg. Isn't this backwards progress?

I had the same ETA, now they won't give me an ETA. But yesterday Trina at Lincoln on FB messaged me asking for my dealer information and a daytime phone number because LCS would like to talk to me about my car. LCS has all my info because I have talked to them several times...so I have no idea what's going on now.

Edited by klm

But the huge majority don't have their cars either. Trust me, I've spoke to about 20 different dealers, and off the record even they are pretty disgusted about this whole mess.

edit: I just told my dealer that I would like my deposit back if the car can't be delivered Monday at the latest. They aren't allowed to go pick up the car. I have no more patience for this. It has been a miserable experience for me.

eidt 2: They say it will be at the dealer tomorrow now.

I hope your car is at the dealer but it is kind of funny (not really) that at one point your car was still on ramp 54 in Mexico and mine was in Flat Rock at the same time. I guess sending to Flat Rock did not speed up the process for me a bit, as it is still there.

But the huge majority don't have their cars either. Trust me, I've spoke to about 20 different dealers, and off the record even they are pretty disgusted about this whole mess.

edit: I just told my dealer that I would like my deposit back if the car can't be delivered Monday at the latest. They aren't allowed to go pick up the car. I have no more patience for this. It has been a miserable experience for me.

eidt 2: They say it will be at the dealer tomorrow now.

Good luck. I wish I had just given a deposit and had the flexibility to walk without a loss. The dealer would prefer that I take the Cadillac at this point due to this long delay,as the second vehicle I am trading has lost value. My fitst vehicle in the deal was where the money was for the dealer and it sold instantly by the dealer last Oct. That combined with the sales price is really pinching this for the dealer as well and more so everyday the delivery is delayed. The dealers were compensated by Lincoln, a giftcard (mine was rejected so I will use it as part of my payment to the dealer) is minor buyer compensation in my case due to my original deal. Good luck.

One thing that I can say is that Lincoln management is somewhat aware and seemingly embarrassed at the poor state of affairs regarding the post production process. I have relayed some of the stories here and they have not tried to hide from or deny it but simply apologize sheepishly and take the suggestions in stride. It may just be bla bla bla, but I sense they realize the clusterf*** that has happened and CONTINUES. They don't really offer any excuses, but it is clear that it is going to take a while to fix whatever is wrong with the system. I mentioned cases like Bilikat's stuck in Flatrock and just got sighs . . The dealers pretty much agree that Ford has lost control over the process for the moment but figure they will sort it out. I would expect big changes next time around. (or not . . )

still waiting for a call from my dealer today. In the meantime, other dealers In have called keep calling me telling me of mkz's they have got in, but none match my must have specs or colors.

One thing that I can say is that Lincoln management is somewhat aware and seemingly embarrassed at the poor state of affairs regarding the post production process. I have relayed some of the stories here and they have not tried to hide from or deny it but simply apologize sheepishly and take the suggestions in stride. It may just be bla bla bla, but I sense they realize the clusterf*** that has happened and CONTINUES. They don't really offer any excuses, but it is clear that it is going to take a while to fix whatever is wrong with the system. I mentioned cases like Bilikat's stuck in Flatrock and just got sighs . . The dealers pretty much agree that Ford has lost control over the process for the moment but figure they will sort it out. I would expect big changes next time around. (or not . . )

still waiting for a call from my dealer today. In the meantime, other dealers In have called keep calling me telling me of mkz's they have got in, but none match my must have specs or colors.

Yeah know what you mean, mine is still in Flatrock as well. Seems Bill and I are being thoroughly inspected for the past 3 weeks. Not sure but some one did mention about having panoramic roof being an issue. Not sure if that is true or not. I don't know why but I've seen a few here with the same option with no issues what so ever. The dealers here have been calling me about the new MKZ they recently got but yet again, still doesn't match the color I am looking for. Even if I did pull the trigger on a similar vehicle here, I will have to pay about $2000 more because of the increase in price vs my pre-ordered one. They aren't able to match Costco's offer but are trying to come close. So we're debating on waiting for a 2014 or go with the ES.

I wonder if it is the fact of the car was not supposed to go up there. I think they build Mustangs, maybe others. Here is where a supply chain does get messed up > doing something out of the norm on short notice. We also looked at the ES and it drove nice and has good name recognition however it just did not have wow factor for the extra 5K over the MKZ. We put 2K on the MKZ and paying cash when it gets in so frankly at this point we have nothing to lose as our current cars are both paid for and running great. It is just the fact this started out being a Christmas gift for my wife, then Valentines gift, then birthday gift, now maybe if I am lucky it can be delivered by the Easter Bunny (LOL) - One thing is for sure she is getting tired of not having a gift from me the last few holidays !

I wonder if it is the fact of the car was not supposed to go up there. I think they build Mustangs, maybe others. Here is where a supply chain does get messed up > doing something out of the norm on short notice. We also looked at the ES and it drove nice and has good name recognition however it just did not have wow factor for the extra 5K over the MKZ. We put 2K on the MKZ and paying cash when it gets in so frankly at this point we have nothing to lose as our current cars are both paid for and running great. It is just the fact this started out being a Christmas gift for my wife, then Valentines gift, then birthday gift, now maybe if I am lucky it can be delivered by the Easter Bunny (LOL) - One thing is for sure she is getting tired of not having a gift from me the last few holidays !

My thoughts exactly. The MKZ was suppose to be Christmas. The only thing I didn't like about the ES was the price factor and the limited amenties you get. Plus that 3k premium on a hybrid which supposedly you can recooperate in 3years. Also that analog clock just didn't fit or agree with me. It just doesn't belong there right dab in the center dash sticking out like a sore thumb. Not craving that spindle grill look either.

I hope your car is at the dealer but it is kind of funny (not really) that at one point your car was still on ramp 54 in Mexico and mine was in Flat Rock at the same time. I guess sending to Flat Rock did not speed up the process for me a bit, as it is still there.

I'm right with you as mine reach Flat Rock 5 days earlier than yours. What scares me is maybe something went really bad (like they wreck it), and now they are putting it back together; just can't image why our cars have been there for this long.

Slightly off topic - but I know everyone needs a laugh or 2 today:

Under the leading of "does anyone proofread the crap that goes on the internet these days?"
Read it carefully - don't rush it and try not to gouge out your eyes as you read it!
John

Must have been written in Hermosillo or Flat Rock! I have never … ever … seen such a scrambled mess! That's what cut & paste can do to you if you don't proofread.

Edited by Dedonut

Ok everyone the day has come. My car arrived at Flatrock on the 25th. My car left the 10th by railroad and finally just got the call it has arrived at the dealership. I live in CT and they railed it from flatrock to jeresy, then trucked it .I ordered the 13th of December. Will post pictures Monday when I go to pick it up.

Ok everyone the day has come. My car arrived at Flatrock on the 25th. My car left the 10th by railroad and finally just got the call it has arrived at the dealership. I live in CT and they railed it from flatrock to jeresy, then trucked it .I ordered the 13th of December. Will post pictures Monday when I go to pick it up.

Congrats Coltyn -

Pictures will be great to see!

:-)

John

Good I wish you well with it. I was a 1 October order and the car is in a Mexican parking lot with the square root of zero for delivery projection.

xgman, what was your original ETA?

Our salesman at the dealership says hopefully end of next week....yet he has nothing concrete to base this on, only previous orders

I never really had an original ETA (well actually at one point it was 2/25. Then It was 3/15 once it shipped.) But now they have apparently lost my car again. Was supposed to show up at the dealer yesterday and never came. The are completely inept. I think the 3 Stooges are alive and running Ford. It's mind boggling.

Coltyn7,

Congrats and just curious if you ordered a pano roof? BTW, it went by rail so talk about some BS that Lincoln plans on shipping pre-orders via truck to speed up the process. Also, I guess first in, first out doesn't apply at all to Lincoln either. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to "try and go greener" when it comes to gas prices/MPG, I'd probably have another car in my garage right now.

Coltyn7,

Congrats and just curious if you ordered a pano roof? BTW, it went by rail so talk about some BS that Lincoln plans on shipping pre-orders via truck to speed up the process. Also, I guess first in, first out doesn't apply at all to Lincoln either. If it wasn't for my wife wanting to "try and go greener" when it comes to gas prices/MPG, I'd probably have another car in my garage right now.

Same with building it by order date. My was Aug 18th, 2012 so if that applied I would be driving it by now too. Even with that is is nice to see something coming out of Flat Rock

There is no logic or fairness to the entire process. I think it may be a testament to this car (or at least our faith in it) that we have waited so long, with so many naysayer reviews, and such an unfair process with misinformation abounding and yet we still wait. Then again, it may be more of a testament to the sorry state of alternative, like kind cars (especially hybrids) that are available to buy out there this year. In any case, I sure won't be investing in any Ford stock anytime soon.

If in this process, post production was in sync, it should have gone like this:

Car built.

within a couple days .. car inspected.

within a couple days car shipped.

14 days max car in terminal of furthest US State. Shorter for closer states.

After arrival at last train depot, inspected and max 24 hours at dealer.

Done.

So if that was the case, after the 4 month delay, our cars built by 2/11/13 should have been in our driveways on March 2nd at the latest.

Any third grader could have done a better job scheduling this clusterf*** than Ford has done, and apparently continues to do. It's nothing short of embarrassing!

Edited by xgman

Coltyn7,

Mine was fully loaded everything except the Pano roof....i just cant stand that antenna. I wanted it so bad, but a $20 Antenna was the deal breaker for me. Just stopped by the dealership they got a whole truckload of MKZ's in. Pretty dirty so I will wait to post pictures tomorrow when i go to pick it up.

Just for some heads up also. Mine left Flatrock Monday morning at 03:23am by rail. Arrived next day in Bellevue Ohio at the Northfolk Southern Yard. Then was railed to Newark. I work for a railroad in the tri state area and know some guys that work for Norfolk Southern. They said it will take the 18N train and take estimated 2.5 days to Newark. Was spot on with the estimate and was unloaded and trucked to my dealership right away. Arrived Saturday morning around 10am. My dealership is located in CT.