2013 MKZ Tracking

KWB,

I noticed on your window sticker your car was built on 8 Feb 2013. I would guess you are stuck in Flat Rock like me and some others here in the forum. Once you get 10 good posts (do them quick), go to this link and ask him for an update by posting your VIN#. Usually the next day, he will provide you the most current status of your car in the system.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Hope this helps

Just weekdays. He has to do it while in the office and he does it on his own time.

Thanks, MSGT and jschmitt. I just feel that this delay is way beyond ridiculous. I mean, I understand QA and rechecks, and all that, but the communication leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly for a luxury brand, I should be getting a little luxury service. donchathink?

I don't think you'll get any arguments from anyone here.

Uggh .... So I have moved from "awaiting shipment sent offsite" to "awaiting shipment returned from offsite" back to "awaiting shipment sent offsite"! Huh?! John

Sounds like some of those recall scenarios where they are pulling cars back to double check something.

XG what's up? You've got to be kidding me?

For what it's worth all and I'm just popping back in as one of the few who received their car. I love this thing. Now keep in mind that I had the same crappy service and ordered in early Oct to just get it a few weeks ago but still between Mark, Dedo, Tanner, and myself we've only reported good stuff back to each other.

Is it worth it? The pain up front makes you wonder how long the good vibes will last if there are any inherent issues with build or quality. So far so good though.

I think this car is 10x nicer in person than in pics as compared to the fusion, which I like by the way, but is just the opposite.

Also if you're getting the hybrid, I'm getting all the MPG I would expect. Lifetime (not trying really all that hard) in mixed city and highway over 2k miles is almost 42. If I try, I get 48 mpg on a 35 mile trip to my office that is 50% highway.

I like. Compliments from strangers in parking lots everywhere I go.

Of course when all of you get your cars it won't be so unique anymore. So hang in there guys if nothing else for the supreme ass kissing you will get when you pick it up and they bring up the "survey". Also I would suggest negotiating in nice monster warranty for free or the upgrade of your choice for our troubles. They have a hard time justifying not giving it to you considering what you've been through.

Best of luck !

KWB,

I noticed on your window sticker your car was built on 8 Feb 2013. I would guess you are stuck in Flat Rock like me and some others here in the forum. Once you get 10 good posts (do them quick), go to this link and ask him for an update by posting your VIN#. Usually the next day, he will provide you the most current status of your car in the system.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Hope this helps

How do I get this information to cyberman to give me a status report?

M304 L2G 3LN6L2G92DR807655 Mkz?

Post your request to him on his forum or send him a PM with your request and VIN# and galangg is absolutely right. No chatter on that forum. Once you've made your brief and to the point request from then on just check the forum for your update and read only. No thanks, no response from you ever.

Edited by Dedonut

My GM thoroughly inspected my car before I got there. It had about a dozen or more prominent surface scratches, a couple 15" long. All over the place. Nothing to the lower level of paint, but still there through the clearcoat. The body shop says they should be able to buff or refinish most of it out. Then there was a mangled door/window outside trim piece that has to be replaced. Then there was the center leather arm rest that had a hole in the leather. WAY TO GO QUALITY CONTROL FORD!! sheesh.. On the way to work today I saw a truck full of new Audi's. I noticed they were all completely covered in custom fit spotless white car covers. That is how you transport cars.

If I had not waited 6 months and with the prospect of many more weeks waiting, I would have said nope, and get another car. That said, I'll be ok if the scratches are 90% gone and they have already ordered the parts and put me in a MKX for a couple days. They also gave me a hell of a deal both in cash back, and interest rate and also on my trade value. So in the end I hope it works out, but it was so hard to leave my shiny new red car and go home in a truck. Is there a faint light at the end of this long dark tunnel. My luck has to improve, but honestly with t his sort of quality control, I am worried about the rest of the car.

Moral is to do a very close inspection under very bright lights when you pick up your cars. Now I understand why the inspection is taking so long. Someone along the way is mangling these cars.

post-48735-0-74535200-1363710251_thumb.jpg

Edited by xgman

All I can say is WOW! I wonder if they've found there was damage being done while moving the cars along the line? They're being inspected before they even leave Hermosillo, or split up and sent to Flat Rock, to share the QC burden. So it isn't in the transportation, it's before that! The delays after inspection may be to correct the defects they're finding. They may not have wanted to hold yours any longer, gman, and decided to let the dealer handle the fixes.

The delays after inspection may be to correct the defects they're finding. They may not have wanted to hold yours any longer, gman, and decided to let the dealer handle the fixes.

Exactly what happened. If they were sitting a month in the back of some ramp. Dirt and grit gets into the paint and even if it was covered I guess when they take it off or try to clean it it scratches. Some of the long ones were on the roof straight and parallel from front to back. But how does a leather armrest end up with a hole and unnoticed? There are a great deal of things that need revamping in the Ford house.

Edited by xgman

Xgman

" My luck has to improve, but honestly with t his sort of quality control, I am worried about the rest of the car..."

I would think that the outside problems occurred AFTER the final inspection & during shipment to the dealer.But they should have caught the leather hole though.

BTW

My wife was uncomfortable with 'turn-to-see- if-its-clear' visibility on her MKZ test-drive yesterday & doesn't want the car.

......................so I'm taking it.She can have my truck.There's real good visibility driving that. :)

Exactly what happened. If they were sitting a month in the back of some ramp. Dirt and grit gets into the paint and even if it was covered I guess when they take it off or try to clean it it scratches. Some of the long ones were on the roof straight and parallel from front to back. But how does a leather armrest end up with a hole and unnoticed? There are a great deal of things that need revamping in the Ford house.

Sorry. I expect similar when/if mine is delivered. Fairly predictable when you take a freshly painted car with no paint sealant and leave it in the open air Sonoran desert for multiple weeks (my assigned VIN has been sitting in lot 54 for 6 weeks) and/or load, unload, move between railheads, factories and dealers multiple times as part of the QA process. Irony as we keep hearing in the press that the delays will bring better products, yet the process is causing these defects. My plan is to get the car in the paint shop at the dealer and go over it with their guy. I use a dual LED light as part of detailing anyhow so will just bring it with me to look for blemished or repaired poorly clear coat. Hole in the armrest-no idea. I once picked up a new Vette and the semi driver unloading it at the dealer scratched the door with his belly/belt buckle while getting in, so my guess is a driver caused that post inspection somehow. Good luck.