2013 MKZ Tracking

Just got off the phone with LCS.I asked about the car orders arriving out of sequence to when the date of order was.

I was told that some people who ordered Ginger ale color were out of sequence because they decided not to offer the car in that color.

Same with those orders involving the multi-contoured seats.

Personally,I bet that doesn't account for most order delays.

In the past few weeks,my ETA went from the 7th,to the 11th,to the 22nd as of last week.

Today I was told no ETA will be given.They're hoping for the beginning of April for the car I ordered mid-November of last year.

It's still 'undergoing inspections' down in Mexico.They don't think that it will have to go to Flat Rock.They did say it'll probably be shipped by slow-poke train,& not trucked like I hoped for.

After 7 months pre order, I am informed that my car has been released and waiting Shipment from Hermosillo, Mexico. I suppose this means I will probably see it sometime in April 2013. Maybe I will get an ETD next time I get an update from LCS.

All be damned ... I have movement and an update:

"In Transit Delay- Miscellaneous - Transit Delay (Auto Warehousing ) Flat Rock, MI Mar-18-2013, 18:01 ET."

Transit Delay ... like I'm not use to that by now .... :banghead:

And this is the reply I received from Lincoln Motors when ask what exactly does that status mean:

"As of today, unit has not passed inspection. Unit is being transported to offsite lot awaiting inspection and shipment. No release date at this time."

So it's been up there 1 month today just awaiting inspection.....&%^((&^$$#$%^#@!@!@##$%%^&*((&**)((*&%#@

Edited by SMSgt B

Wow.

I finally gave up on the work around calls and called the GM at the dealership. Of course the GM for SALES wasn't there, nor is the person that normally tracks all new orders, but I did speak with a lovely man who couldn't help me. I did get another email address to use, so I hope that they will email me back. SMSgtB, I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't pass inspection. It almost seems better to scrap what's already been "built" and just start over, for heaven's sake.

True, the dealership needs to catch these things but I think because of the extreme delays they're feeling real pressure to get the car to the customer as soon as it comes in. They're the first point of contact (taking the order) and last (delivery) and in between they have no more control over the process or quality of what comes in than we do. If I recall correctly, the Survey rates the dealership, and IMHO, it's Lincoln Motor Co. that should be rated and take the heat for all of this.

BTW- has anyone who has their car received their survey yet? I took delivery Feb. 22 and haven't gotten one yet. Maybe Lincoln doesn't want to hear from pre-order folks; the results would be invalid since trashing the dealers for an order experience they couldn't control wouldn't produce accurate assessment. And would probably get more flak from dealers and rightly so.

DEDO, I have not received my survey. I disagree with you though regards to the failure of the dealership. I agree that 90 percent of the issues you and I faced in waiting for our cars were Lincoln's fault and not the dealer. But here is where I think you and I differ. The dealer understands the pre ordering process, the dealer has the capability to track orders, the dealer knows how and who to talk to in order to get status's, and last but certainly not least similar to XG when the day "FINALLY" came the dealer delivered a car that was dirty, scratched, or otherwise not a quality luxury car experience. For those reasons my dealership will not be getting a good rating on their survey. Just my opinion

Well I'll try this again tomorrow and see what happens....

By the way, it's a silly complaint, but, the key for this thing is like a blimp. It is the dopiest looking oversized fat bulky thing I have ever seen. There is no earthly reason it needs to be this big. It looks like a big fat toe. I don't want to carry that thing in my pocket. It's also very cheaply made. The silver paint starts peeling off almost day 1.

I know what you mean about the key fob. I've had several cars with keyless ignitions, and this fob is twice the size of the others. I wonder if it had to be this thick because of the emergency key inside. One hint, figure out how to get it open before you are in an actual emergency and have to get it out quickly. I guess I'm kinda slow, but it took me and the wife about 15 minutes before we finally got the hang of it.

By the way, XGMAN, you certainly chose the right color !

DEDO, I have not received my survey. I disagree with you though regards to the failure of the dealership. I agree that 90 percent of the issues you and I faced in waiting for our cars were Lincoln's fault and not the dealer. But here is where I think you and I differ. The dealer understands the pre ordering process, the dealer has the capability to track orders, the dealer knows how and who to talk to in order to get status's, and last but certainly not least similar to XG when the day "FINALLY" came the dealer delivered a car that was dirty, scratched, or otherwise not a quality luxury car experience. For those reasons my dealership will not be getting a good rating on their survey. Just my opinion

Well, I understand how you feel, Tanner, but it seemed like LCS wanted to be the contact for info for most of the time. At least until recently when it began to get really, really awkward to explain delays. The dealers would have heard the same lame excuses we did because Lincoln isn't being forthcoming with anyone about what's going on. So, I guess I'm inclined to go easier on the faces I see than voices on the phone and a management that fails to communicate. Lastly, the dealership is where I'll be going for service so, as bad as the order process has been, I'm not going to strain the relationship with the folks I'll be dealing with. And I really don't want to hurt them. I still blame management for not getting a handle on this and the Comment sections of the survey (if I ever get one) will be my way of saying who I think is responsible for this fiasco.

And … as far as I can tell … my pre-order is still languishing in Hermosillo … built 02/07 with an original ETA of 02/25! Don't forget, I jumped on the dealer-ordered arrival that was exactly the same but with the pano roof. Got another compliment on the car today from someone I don't know.

I know what you mean about the key fob. I've had several cars with keyless ignitions, and this fob is twice the size of the others. I wonder if it had to be this thick because of the emergency key inside. One hint, figure out how to get it open before you are in an actual emergency and have to get it out quickly. I guess I'm kinda slow, but it took me and the wife about 15 minutes before we finally got the hang of it.

By the way, XGMAN, you certainly chose the right color !

xgman- did you receive two key fobs? If you did, were they both programmed?

Auto warehousing sounds bad. What the heck is wrong with this company??? That probably would have driven me out. Time for you to email a short story to Fords CEO.

And the emails have been flying out left and right in every direction ... especially upwards.

From my observation of the various threads, it would appear those who have received their cars have ordered hybrids. Am I incorrect for this assumption?

My pre-order that hasn't arrived yet is a hybrid. The dealer-ordered car I took that arrived is a hybrid.

From my observation of the various threads, it would appear those who have received their cars have ordered hybrids. Am I incorrect for this assumption?

No, there are some with hybrids that have not received theirs. It has to do with a lot of combination of things like color,options,roof, and etc.

No, there are some with hybrids that have not received theirs. It has to do with a lot of combination of things like color,options,roof, and etc.

The one I have has one more option (pano roof) than the pre-order that's still sitting in MX. Both are fully loaded with all other options. The car I have was built 12/20/12 - took two months from build to dealer. What happened after that? If they couldn't keep up with the inspections, they should have stopped production and caught up, set up a system for QC, and re-started. Burying themselves in their own production numbers and falling further behind certainly isn't working!

Love the car! Just a couple minor fit and finish issues, but all in all good. I miss a couple minor settings that disappeared for the 2011 model, but I'll get used to it. Don't like the no spare tire deal. What if you really have a big blow out? I guess that is what roadside is for. Got 40 mpg on my 20 mile ride to work today average around 60 mph. It doesn't erase the 6 months of stress, but I very much do love the car and the colors. Lots of little settings to play with. Handles better, drives better, turns better, looks better.

xgman- did you receive two key fobs? If you did, were they both programmed?

You mean key suitcases. Don't wear tight jeans and expect to carry this monster in your pocket. Yes, 2 and a valet key of some sort. I didn't try the 2nd key. Guess I better.

Beautiful car, XG, I'm glad you have it and really pleased that you like it. The fob IS huge, although usually not an issue for me in my purse but in pockets? Definitely. Electronics being what they are these days, I'd have expected it to be smaller. The hidden key inside (too cute for my taste) is probably the cause.

You can update your profile now to say 2013 MKZ H. And watch out with that red beauty. The Highway Patrol will definitely see you coming. :-)

Beautiful car, XG, I'm glad you have it and really pleased that you like it. The fob IS huge, although usually not an issue for me in my purse but in pockets? Definitely. Electronics being what they are these days, I'd have expected it to be smaller. The hidden key inside (too cute for my taste) is probably the cause.

You can update your profile now to say 2013 MKZ H. And watch out with that red beauty. The Highway Patrol will definitely see you coming. :-)

That was my thought when I saw the color. Magnet, but a real beauty.

Love the car! Just a couple minor fit and finish issues, but all in all good. I miss a couple minor settings that disappeared for the 2011 model, but I'll get used to it. Don't like the no spare tire deal. What if you really have a big blow out? I guess that is what roadside is for. Got 40 mpg on my 20 mile ride to work today average around 60 mph. It doesn't erase the 6 months of stress, but I very much do love the car and the colors. Lots of little settings to play with. Handles better, drives better, turns better, looks better.

Congrats XG ..... keep posting comments and findings!

Enjoy!

lol, to be honest there is no truth to red being a magnet for tickets. There was a page some where that lists facts and myth about getting a ticket. I can understand that red being easier to spot.

Reason you would get stopped is for them to check out that nice car you got. :worship:

Edited by Serraph

lol, to be honest there is no truth to red being a magnet for tickets. There was a page some where that lists facts and myth about getting a ticket. I can understand that red being easier to spot.

Yes, but remember … this is XG … and the gods have been against him with this car from the beginning … so, heads up! ;)

Yes, but remember … this is XG … and the gods have been against him with this car from the beginning … so, heads up! ;)

Well I did get a traffic cam ticket yesterday, but it was a pic of the 2011. :camera:

I should play the lottery now. Bound to turn good sometime.

Edited by xgman

By the way, there seems to be no hidden hey in my FOB. Are you sure? Just a button to open the batter I assume. No pop up key. There was a small valet key (I assume for the glove box) attached to the ring. I don't think this car has any other key.

Edited by xgman

Just received a call from LCS just to update me on the status of my car...except they had no new information. It's still sitting in Mexico and they don't know why they are delayed. How can the company who is making the product not know why it is delayed? :shrug: She said she'd call with another update on 4/4/13...so more waiting for me.