2013 MKZ Tracking

My order was placed 4 Feb, the car was build 12 Mar, and it arrived at the dealer in NC for us to pick up today - less than 8 weeks total. Beautiful car, great driving and very quiet. Lots to learn over the holiday weekend.

By sheer luck, I received a Ford $750 off coupon in the mail yesterday which applied to my hybrid along with a $750 rebate that I did not see when I looked at current on-line incentives. The $750 rebate expires on 1 April, but they'll probably offer something else in its place.

Are you saying you got TWO $750 rebates ? I haven't seen ANY rebates on the MKZ, either regular or hybrid. I have gotten many mailings over the past 6 months with rebate offers for many FoMoCo cars, but they all excluded any MKZ model. I just looked at the Lincoln site, and there is still nothing there that includes the MKZ. I was told that there weren't any rebates on it, neither past nor present.

Rebates??? or courtesy incentive??? Anyone else see these?

edit: I think it is for certain programs and ford employees:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Incentives

National Incentives Affinity Expires

Bonus Cash LM US * A/X/Z/D-Plan Customer Cash Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
04/01/13

Competitive Bonus Incentives Expires

Bonus Cash Lincoln US Ford Conquest Direct Offer Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
05/15/13
Edited by xgman

Good, glad you got them. I just called Lincoln Makers to check on my eligibility since I didn't take the car I pre-ordered (which is still in Hermosillo) but a dealer-ordered car (don't want anything I'm not entitled to). She said yes I'm still eligible since I pre-ordered and they're aware of the problems. She's sending me a list of hotels in Atlanta since I'll be traveling that way soon. SHe said we have until the end of the year to claim the gift.

Are you saying you got TWO $750 rebates ? I haven't seen ANY rebates on the MKZ, either regular or hybrid. I have gotten many mailings over the past 6 months with rebate offers for many FoMoCo cars, but they all excluded any MKZ model. I just looked at the Lincoln site, and there is still nothing there that includes the MKZ. I was told that there weren't any rebates on it, neither past nor present.

Yes, we got two unexpected rebates. We bought our car under the X-plan program, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the rebates.

One rebate was received in the mail the day before our car arrived. It only showed Ford products, but in the fine print it said it covered Lincoln as well. The dealer instructions read "Claim in VINCENT using #34288 and customer ID." Interestingly enough, it was addressed to my wife who has had nothing to do with the ordering or tracking. She may have given her name to someone at a dealership along the way, but that's all we could deduce. The car must be taken from dealer stock by 4/22/13 to claim the award.

The second rebate was a complete surprise as I've seen no incentives beyond finance rates. The dealer said it expired on 4/1/13. It's not exactly the lottery, but $1500 for free is not bad.

The car is awesome and we're glad we waited after following it from the original auto show unveiling last year. I vowed to not order it without a drive, but I finally relented after they loaned me a Fusion hybrid for a weekend. It was loaded and good enough if the MKZ never came out. However, the MKZ is much quieter and we think more attractive.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for the various sources of information. I checked my hood latch (no problems) and door panels (no problems). Display smudges are no worse than an iPad. I test drove a non-hybrid just last Tuesday and it had an electronic high pitched whistle that seemed to originate from the back seat area, but it's not present on mine.The kids love the touch sliders and we've had fun trying to beat each other with the braking coach. I got 40 mpg on my first 100 miles with 4 adults on board. I'm sure that weight will affect the mileage which is why you don't even get a jack at all (look for it in the manual!).

Yes, we got two unexpected rebates. We bought our car under the X-plan program, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the rebates.

One rebate was received in the mail the day before our car arrived. It only showed Ford products, but in the fine print it said it covered Lincoln as well. The dealer instructions read "Claim in VINCENT using #34288 and customer ID." Interestingly enough, it was addressed to my wife who has had nothing to do with the ordering or tracking. She may have given her name to someone at a dealership along the way, but that's all we could deduce. The car must be taken from dealer stock by 4/22/13 to claim the award.

The second rebate was a complete surprise as I've seen no incentives beyond finance rates. The dealer said it expired on 4/1/13. It's not exactly the lottery, but $1500 for free is not bad.

Man, ain't that a kick in the head !

Many of us pre-ordered and waited for many months (me, 6, others a little more or less) for our cars and we get no rebates. Sure, we got $100 cards and gifts maybe worth $4-500, but certainly not $1500. Guess we should have skipped the pre-order process, waited until we found a car we wanted at a dealer, and bought it with the $1500 rebates, getting it at about the same time as we would have if we hadn't ordered one. If Lincoln is doing this to those of us who anxiously put up with all the false ETA alarms and misinformation for months, that is sure not going to make the company look any better in our eyes.

This is hard to believe.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for the various sources of information. I checked my hood latch (no problems) and door panels (no problems). Display smudges are no worse than an iPad. I test drove a non-hybrid just last Tuesday and it had an electronic high pitched whistle that seemed to originate from the back seat area, but it's not present on mine.The kids love the touch sliders and we've had fun trying to beat each other with the braking coach. I got 40 mpg on my first 100 miles with 4 adults on board. I'm sure that weight will affect the mileage which is why you don't even get a jack at all (look for it in the manual!).

I also bought under the X-Plan and ended up taking a Dealer-ordered car but haven't seen the rebate coupon. Think I'll check with the Finance Manager who handled my paperwork.

Re: no jack … don't need one because there's also no spare, just a repair canister!!

Got the call ... The CAR IS IN !!! Came in on a car carrier by itself with only 30 miles on it. In Orlando for spring break but should be home before the dealer closes on Sat to pick up. Even as this comes to a close it is funny that the dealer had no clue it was going to be in or anything.

• Like 1

Please don't fall over or faint but:

• Our car has been loaded on CSX ETTX802960 railcar and heads out tonight leaving New Boston, MI. Right now it is scheduled to get into Tampa on April 3rd. So if all goes right, we should be in it next weekend
  • Like 2

• Our car has been loaded on CSX ETTX802960 railcar and heads out tonight leaving New Boston, MI. Right now it is scheduled to get into Tampa on April 3rd. So if all goes right, we should be in it next weekend

I guess having me give YOU a pitty party worked! Please, SMSgtB, have a go! Maybe I'll get a surprise phone call too. :violin:

The end is near, Sarg, I'm happy for you. Hard wait … those last few days.

The end is near, Sarg, I'm happy for you. Hard wait … those last few days.

Those last few days are hard???? I think the last 1 1/2 months has been hard since arriving in Flat Rock on Feb 20. The funny part is that if you look at the very beginning (page 1), out of those folks listed, I think I was first built and first shipped out. Now, I'll probably be the last one of the pack.

Edited by SMSgt B

Got the call ... The CAR IS IN !!! Came in on a car carrier by itself with only 30 miles on it. In Orlando for spring break but should be home before the dealer closes on Sat to pick up. Even as this comes to a close it is funny that the dealer had no clue it was going to be in or anything.

Congrats ... it's becoming reality that we will get one..LOLOL

Those last few days are hard???? I think the last 1 1/2 months has been hard since arriving in Flat Rock on Feb 20. The funny part is that if you look at the very beginning (page 1), out of those folks listed, I think I was first built and first shipped out. Now, I'll probably be the last one of the pack.

Nope I am, no word on mine as of yet. LCS still says "Um still there being thoroughly inspected at Flat Rock, please have patience." Something along those lines. Maybe I should rant and flare up to get some movement? :banghead:

Well hopefully one of these days I can officially post a pix. We're at a point right now where we're debating on waiting it out or just wait for the 2014. Going to see if there are any significant changes so I have been trying to scour for any news.

Grats to those that are receiving theirs soon.

I've only been waiting for my car since January, not nearly as long as some of you, but the wait is beginning to get ridiculous. When I see post about people who ordered after I did and have their car already it's upsetting.

I just want my car!!

RJ would you have any opportunity to take a picture of these coupons, as many on this thread did not receive these. Perhaps there is something special that we don't have, but if that is not that case and is an oversight I could sure use 750 to 1500 extra dollars!!

I've only been waiting for my car since January, not nearly as long as some of you, but the wait is beginning to get ridiculous. When I see post about people who ordered after I did and have their car already it's upsetting.

I just want my car!!

Ours was late October when ordered.

Pretty impressive to find a pic of the actual rail car. Lots of rail fans post lots of pics. Could not find mine, but fun to see the actual rail car that has made probably thousands of trips delivering cars.

That picture was taken in 2007 and it looked well used then.

Rebates??? or courtesy incentive??? Anyone else see these?

edit: I think it is for certain programs and ford employees:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Incentives

National Incentives Affinity Expires

Bonus Cash LM US * A/X/Z/D-Plan Customer Cash Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
04/01/13

Competitive Bonus Incentives Expires

Bonus Cash Lincoln US Ford Conquest Direct Offer Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
05/15/13

Am I missing something on this link you posted? I only see guidelines for special pricing eligibility (azxd plans)....nothing about incentives...