Do all MKZ's have daytime running lamps

I predict that all new ford & Lincoln models will have these lights on by 2015 and the idiot who decided to keep them off will be working in a donuts shop.

Now I get it. Anyone who doesn't do what YOU think they should do is an idiot, right?

xgman; I`m not so sure if the "idiot" at Ford who has been responsible for keeping both DRL`s and LED`s as Daytime Running Lamps off all Ford US Vehicles will eventually end up working in a Donut Shoppe is a good analogy. Looking at Florida`s bald headed inbred Governor Rick Scott. He started off living in Public Housing with his Parents, his Dad`s Family Car was reposed, he worked in his Mom`s "Donut Shoppe" and he eventually became a Billionaire through his HMA Hospital Corporation which after being levied the largest Fine ever by the Federal Government for Medicare and MediCaid Fraud used his Wealth to finance his Campaign to become Governor of Florida. Not bad for a Donut Shoppe Guy, huh?

Edited by phil1336

xgman; I`m not so sure if the "idiot" at Ford who has been responsible for keeping both DRL`s and LED`s as Daytime Running Lamps off all Ford US Vehicles will eventually end up working in a Donut Shoppe is a good analogy. Looking at Florida`s bald headed inbred Governor Rick Scott. He started off living in Public Housing with his Parents, his Dad`s Family Car was reposed, he worked in his Mom`s "Donut Shoppe" and he eventually became a Billionaire through his HMA Hospital Corporation which after being levied the largest Fine ever by the Federal Government for Medicare and MediCaid Fraud used his Wealth to finance his Campaign to become Governor of Florida. Not bad for a Donut Shoppe Guy, huh?

:) Ok, how about a septic tank disposal company? (note to other members on here without a sense of humor... I was JOKING!)

Well anyway, my car is in a dealer today trying to figure out some sort of wiring workaround. I'm not to optimistic because anyone from Ford who gets involved will tell you that it voids the warranty etc. We'll see, maybe I'll be lucky and they can figure out a wiring workaround.

Edited by xgman

That's right! Seriously, don't take me so seriousness. Life's too short.

I was just attempting to add a bit of exaggerated humor to the "Donut Shoppe" thing. As far as adding an aftermarket LED or DRL Module and that in itself voiding your New Car Warranty, not necessarily so. The Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975 is still Valid and on the Books. All Car Manufacturers must allow you to add or install "Non" OEM Parts or devices to the Vehicle without risk of losing Warranty Coverage. The burden of proof is on the Manufacturer (not) the Car Owner that the "parts or device" caused a component failure due to its incompatibility. (IF) you decide to add a DRL aftermarket module or a LED module, I would have a Ford Dealership install it. Ford previously offered a Genuine OEM DRL Module made by Pacific Insight (BC Canada) which is no longer available for late Model Ford Vehicles but can still be ordered through Ford Parts for older pre-2005 Models.

The thing is the bumper has to come off realistically to get access to the back of the light and wires. I found a auto customizing shop that has experience in working on DRL workarounds in high end cars and they will fix mine for $200. I agreed and set an appointment for May 23rd. It's worth that much too me to get it right and have this out of my mind. They simply bypass the wire that goes just to the white led's only leaving the orange turn signals alone, and then run to the fuse box that handles on/off power with the car and done. Everything else remains unchanged as far as operation is concerned.

The thing is the bumper has to come off realistically to get access to the back of the light and wires. I found a auto customizing shop that has experience in working on DRL workarounds in high end cars and they will fix mine for $200. I agreed and set an appointment for May 23rd. It's worth that much too me to get it right and have this out of my mind. They simply bypass the wire that goes just to the white led's only leaving the orange turn signals alone, and then run to the fuse box that handles on/off power with the car and done. Everything else remains unchanged as far as operation is concerned.

Just request that they avoid wiring cuts and splices if possible. Should an electrical issue happen while still under Warranty, if the work was not performed by a Ford/Lincoln Service Tech they will attempt to blame the issue on the "after-market" modification. My wait for the 2014 Ford C-Max will now continue it appears until Spring of 2014 due to the extended MY 2013 build which goes to Dec 1, 2013. By then they should be able to engineer a new Body Control Module that absolutely no one can hack to enable & activate the DRL`s on a US Spec Ford Vehicle. Go figure?

I would think that having DRL on the hybrid would shorten the drive time in Battery mode & lose mpg more than what was estimated in the tread.

I don't notice any real problem in mpg even at night with all the lights on and the power of those LED's at the bottom is pretty low, so I think it will be worth the minor draw. Driving style is 99% of mpg when it comes to the hybrids anyway.

Was just looking at the new MKZ order guide -- DRLs are now a free standing option on all MKZs fleet order not required. Order code 942. N/a with base need 101/201 equipment group or higher.

And now all the people who griped about them not being available will claim credit for "forcing" Ford to start offering them.......

And now all the people who griped about them not being available will claim credit for "forcing" Ford to start offering them.......

Well, before the rest of us Ford DRL Advocates claim Victory for getting Option Code # 942 available (without) a "FIN" Fleet Order, lets see if it carries through to other Ford Vehicle too, not just Lincoln MY 2014 MKZ. What about MY 2014 Fusion, Fiesta, Escape, Focus, etc? Nope!

Well, before the rest of us Ford DRL Advocates claim Victory for getting Option Code # 942 available (without) a "FIN" Fleet Order, lets see if it carries through to other Ford Vehicle too, not just Lincoln MY 2014 MKZ. What about MY 2014 Fusion, Fiesta, Escape, Focus, etc? Nope!

So this news doesn't include new 2013 MKZ orders?

So this news doesn't include new 2013 MKZ orders?

Not sure, but I checked the MY 2014 Order Guides for "Non" Lincoln Ford Vehicles and unfortunately, Daytime Running Lights Option Code # 942 still remains a Fleet Only Option still requiring a valid "FIN". Perhaps the "Celebration" of Fords change of heart was a bit premature in regards to their DRL`s Policy.

Was just looking at the new MKZ order guide -- DRLs are now a free standing option on all MKZs fleet order not required. Order code 942. N/a with base need 101/201 equipment group or higher.

Does this mean the 2014 MKZ order guide is out? If so, where?

• 3 months later...

I noticed that the auto-headlights on my Fusion came on whenever the car was running, even in the brightest sunlight. I took it to the dealer and he said that I have DRLs, and that they can't be disabled. The car is not a fleet car and I don't live anywhere near Canada. The dealer may be correct about me having DRLs, but I don't believe that explains my lights. 1. There is no discernable difference in intensity between the headlights on and the DRLs. 2. The tail lights are on when the DRLs are supposedly on. 3. The dash lights dim (night time level) when the DRLs are supposedly on. 4. I can turn on (not just flash) the high beams with the left stalk when the DRLs are supposedly on.

This is not what I would expect from DRLs. I think another visit to the dealer is in order, unless someone can explain how DRLs would cause what I described.

Thanks, akirby. I knew that when I brought the car to the dealer the first time. They said that they hooked up the diagnostic laptop to my car and discovered that I had DRLs. I just wanted to present my analysis to a group of knowledgeable folks to see if it held up before returning to the dealer. I appreciate your reply.

Of course, this means that I probably do not have DRLs. Oh well.